• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Jazz at Hawks

lethalweapon3

Pitiful!  Proving that we aren't as good as we thought we were.  Trae is hot and cold with his shot.  But, when he's cold, he usually can score from the free throw line.

Last night, Goodwin hit a three.  One.  That was the entire scoring from the Hawks point guards last night.  The three of them took 20 shots.  19 missed and one went in!

All of us who are full of optimism should go and sit in a corner.  Repeat, over and over, one hundred times:

HAWKS ARE NOT AS GOOD AS WE THOUGHT.  TOO MANY INJURIES.

Was there anything good going on last night?  Yes.  Nathan Knight played a few short minutes.  He looked good doing it.  Tony Snell answered the bell and (WOW!) scored from down town.  Where has he been?  Rajon Rondo, missing all his shots, did manage to have -0- turnovers.

Agent 0017 continues to heal.  Will he be well enough to play this season?  Kris Dunn, out due to surgery, should be able to play in the second half of the season.  BB is recovering and will return later in the season.

We lose.  We come back, hoping for something great to happen and our beloved Hawks to win again.  It's time for another win to show up.

GO ATL HAWKS !!

:smug:

• Like 4

• Moderators

Oh well.   Best team in the league with the Hawks missing 2 of our best 3 players.    Our defense was decent.   It exposes that our issue is really we have no reliable scorers outside of Trae.  Hunter is coming along and JC is really good but so much better with Trae. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I understand locker room value....

.....but man 0/7, sigh.  I could live with that if his impact was felt in other areas. 

Hawks need to play with a certain pace to have an effective offense, Rondo just can't.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Hopefully Bogi and Dunn can help. Not holding my breath though.

I think they both clearly will when healthy.  Question is about health and then about level of play but both will help the team.

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Hopefully Bogi and Dunn can help. Not holding my breath though.

I think so. If we have all or most players available and in their assigned roles it has to help. We'll just have more available options of quality players.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

The other side of this narrative is Hawks have worst shooting night against a top defense in the league with a perennial DPOY anchoring them at center.  No doubt Trae/Hunter missing is a hit to our offense but you also have to give Jazz credit.  They play well and there aren't many easy buckets against them.

• Like 4

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

The other side of this narrative is Hawks have worst shooting night against a top defense in the league with a perennial DPOY anchoring them at center.  No doubt Trae/Hunter missing is a hit to our offense but you also have to give Jazz credit.  They play well and there aren't many easy buckets against them.

I'm going to go wildly optimistic and predict that the Hawks will start to get better and better esp. as we get guys healthy.   It's such hodge podge lineups right now but you can tell there is buy in especially on the defensive effort.   We need some players who can start knocking down shots.   

• Like 3