• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Jazz at Hawks

lethalweapon3

Give Snell a chance playing next to the starters, and give him 30 minutes. He will shoot the ball and play defense. We don’t need anymore guys who dribble around with no chance of finishing off the play..

Get Cam and Huerter back to the bench when Trae and Hunter come back. I have seen enough of both of them starting.

Edited by terrell
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, terrell said:

Give Snell a chance playing next to the starters, and give him 30 minutes. He will shoot the ball and play defense. We don’t need anymore guys who dribble around with no chance of finishing off the play..

Is he healthy enough to play 30 minutes? I'd like to see him get more time, but I'm not sure if he's ready.

8 minutes ago, terrell said:

Get Cam and Huerter back to the bench when Trae and Hunter come back. I have seen enough of both of them starting.

This. Both of them need to go back to the bench. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

What a job Steve Kerr is doing with the Dubs. When Klay went down I thought they were done. 

They still got Steph and Draymond who both had some of the best seasons in NBA history in their primes

1 minute ago, terrell said:

800.jpeg

Ya'll gotta stop blaming LP for everything 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, terrell said:

Snell?

Defense?

2 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

He just played 24 minutes. He's a 8 year NBA vet. What is this irrational thing about playing minutes?

Seems like we've got minutes restrictions on guys when they come back from injury. I don't know what the trainers know, but if there's a restriction on place we can't expect Snell to play starters minutes, even if that's what the solution looks like.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

They still got Steph and Draymond who both had some of the best seasons in NBA history in their primes

Look at their win tonight.  147 pts . 57% shooting. 37 assists. Front court decimated, not a single player over 6'7". They just play the right way.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Look at their win tonight.  147 pts . 57% shooting. 37 assists. Front court decimated, not a single player over 6'7". They just play the right way.

Not to mention Oubre played the game of his life..

Edited by terrell

• Premium Member
43 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

How come we dont have more back door cuts like other teams?

My thoughts exactly. We have shooters that don't know how to weaponize thier gravity. There's no read and react. The talent can get us to the playoffs, but the ceiling is limited right now. 

I'm getting tired of seeing the same plays.

• High pnr
  • A gaurd screening for Trae leading to a pnr.
  • Passing to JC or Gallo on the elbow and looking for a cut or three.
  • Failed pnr leads to a give and go with the big and wing.

Outside of postups for JC, Gallo, and Deandre, thats mostly what I've seen ran. 

7 guys  on the roster that are legit 3 point threats and there aren't many sets ran to free them for good looks.

• Like 2

Hawks need to win vs Raptors..Western Conference games arent really that big of a deal in the grand scheme of things(teams we're competing with probably wont do well vs Lakers, Clippers, Jazz, etc..either). Just win one every now and then..lol(only 4 more vs. WC until the break).. We have to do well vs East from here on out if we want to make the Playoffs. Hopefully Hunter is ready to go Saturday..

Edited by terrell
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, AHF said:

Good steal by Cam.

Maybe Snell will start getting a few more

minutes when they mean something.

The coaches offense is based on threes and dunks. He loses Bogdan and Hunter to injury. Instead of finding more minutes for Snell, he finds more minutes for Reddish and Hill.

Snell Career 3PT% 38.7

Hill Career 3PT% 33.6

Reddish Career 3PT% 31.2

If you are going to live and die by the three, the least you could do is get your best three point shooters more minutes.

• Like 3