• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Kings

lethalweapon3

6 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

For Trae to be nuclear, he must shoot the ball.   If you want him to be the ultimate facilitating PG, he must pass the ball way more than he shoots.  If you're waiting for Hunter to be "the guy", he must improve pretty drastically with his isolation offense and his ability to make tough 3 pointers. 

Players who are "the guy", don't necessarily need other people setting him up.  ( That's the main point argument against paying John Collins the max, by the way ).   Not even judging Hunter right now, seeing that he's been out for so long. He's going to be rusty.  But until he or others become that "other guy" who can take over the game, Trae is that guy . . . period. 

It looks like Trae was 6 - 17 FG going into the 4th quarter, while not making a 3.  Just reading the comments, I see that drove you and Peoria crazy, and possibly had you doubting him.  In the 4th, he was 5 - 7 FG for 13 points with one BOMB of a 3 that tied the game late. 

That's the ultimate hero ball shot.  A shot that only the most confident scorers take ( Trae, Lilliard, Curry, Luka, Harden, Irving, Durant ).  To take a shot like that, you have to literally have no conscious about how many you missed previously.

I think some of you want to take that characteristic away from Trae.  I say that we NEED for him to have that characteristic.  Those are the types of shots that actually win you playoff games, not prevent you from winning it.

As a fan base, we're not used to seeing ultra aggressive offensive players.  We've been taught that guys must work the ball around and get the best, wide open shot possible. But if you don't have a guy who isn't wiling to take a shot like that, you're not winning in the playoffs.

No one in the right mind likes Trae’s deep 3s. He should only shoot those when we’re up double digits

• Like 4

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, terrell said:

No one in the right mind likes Trae’s deep 3s. He should only shoot those when we’re up double digits

You sure about that? There are several posters who want him to shoot more and at least 1 is in his right mind. I don't know about the others.🤓

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, terrell said:

Such a weird take.  He makes a higher % of the deep 3's than he does the standard 3's.  He's 37% on shots 30+ feet and only 35% on shots between 25-30 feet.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

Such a weird take.  He makes a higher % of the deep 3's than he does the standard 3's.  He's 37% on shots 30+ feet and only 35% on shots between 25-30 feet.  

Not a fan of those shots..Period...Especially if you're not gonna even try to play a lick of defense..

Edited by terrell

• Moderators
Just now, terrell said:

Huh?

Oh maybe you weren't.   Well no sense rehashing this argument i guess.  Plus i'm not in my right mind.

Just now, Diesel said:

Damn is the sky falling already??

We are a good team we just have some growing pains.   Last nights game was just sloppy youth.   Pick the sky up!!!

exactly.   Team and Nate have some feeling out to do.  Honeymoon is over but we'll be fine.

Just now, terrell said:

Not a fan of those shots..Period...Especially if you're not gonna even try to play any defense..

So he should only take lower % shots?  That's a pretty dumb strategy to me.  

Also, what does playing defense or not have to do with shot selection?  

• Like 2

So he should only take lower % shots?  That's a pretty dumb strategy to me.  

Also, what does playing defense or not have to do with shot selection?  

If you think his teammates like those shots you're crazy..Those shots usually end up being an easy basket for the opponent when he misses.They cover for him on defense, and then he hoist up a 35 footer on the other end...So yes his lack of defense has a lot to do with it..

Edited by terrell

1 minute ago, terrell said:

If you think his teammates like those shots you're crazy..Those shots usually end up being an easy basket for the opponent when he misses..So yes his lack of defense has a lot to do with it..

Sounds like an awful lot of supposition to me. You got any evidence to support any of that? 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Damn is the sky falling already??

We are a good team we just have some growing pains.   Last nights game was just sloppy youth.   Pick the sky up!!!

In a stunning upset, kg agrees completely with diesel.  😎

• Haha 2

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, terrell said:

If you think his teammates like those shots you're crazy..Those shots usually end up being an easy basket for the opponent when he misses.They cover for him on defense, and then he hoist up a 35 footer on the other end...So yes his lack of defense has a lot to do with it..

His teammates seemed to like this one.   JC sets a screen at the logo for him for....some reason.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sounds like an awful lot of supposition to me. You got any evidence to support any of that? 

"Collins talked about the need to get into offensive sets more quickly and to limit all those early shot-clock attempts that leave his teammates on the outside looking in"

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

For Trae to be nuclear, he must shoot the ball.

No sir. We already proved you wrong last week and again last night, we lost. Stop 🛑 with your agendas. Your agenda is more important that the Hawks success and that’s sad. Might have to put you on silence like some.

• Like 1

Just now, terrell said:

"Collins talked about the need to get into offensive sets more quickly and to limit all those early shot-clock attempts that leave his teammates on the outside looking in"

Yeah.  And?  The "EARLY SHOT CLOCK ATTEMPTS" are the problem.  We've all said that.  It's not the deep 3's that you are talking about.  He's taken deep 3's well into the shot clock far more than early clock shots.  

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, terrell said:

That makes no sense.  If he can make them, he should shoot the shot when wide open.

The kid is literally 5 for 8 on logo distance 3s ( 35+ ft ).  It's a rhytym shot for him that he doesn't rush to get off.   That's why he makes them at such a high clip.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

You sure about that? There are several posters who want him to shoot more and at least 1 is in his right mind. I don't know about the others.🤓

I’m putting North on silence, or at least scrolling through his agenda filled posts about Trae. It’s like stfu already bro.

• Haha 1