• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

NOW moving on to Philly, I see Philly fans already moving to the ECF like Knicks fans to the 2nd round (UPDATED)

NBASupes

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Kinda want to let JoeL get his, stop the others. 

I initial thought this too but I believe in getting the ball out of his hands at least a bit more. The key to me is Tobias, stop him from getting transition buckets. Collins needs to step up offensively and give us a dominant performance. Make them work more on D.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

No big worries about tonight's game.   I would like to see a more aggressive game plan toward getting the ball out of Embiid's hands.

As for us, we'll be very good, especially our role players.

Look for an unexpected "semi-hero" tonight.   Maybe Solo or Okongwu?

Im waiting for Gallinari and Bogi to go off for 30 like they did in the regular season on several occasions. Home games are where the role players feel the most confident. I just want our guys to let it rip and have one of those huge offensive games (not just 1 half like in game 1).

• Like 4

• Premium Member

There are potential adjustments the Hawks could look to make Monday night in Game 4, such as starting Kevin Huerter in place of Solomon Hill at the three, a move I advocated for before Game 3. They could even start Tony Snell, which is what McMillan did at the start of the second half. Hill just isn’t particularly useful in this series, and it’s past time to make a change.

They could go smaller for more minutes and roll out John Collins and Danilo Gallinari in the frontcourt. They clearly do not have an answer in stopping Joel Embiid anyway with Clint Capela starting, and at least a Gallinari and Collins duo allows for maximum offensive spacing and the opportunity to potentially put up as many 3s as possible — a plan that worked in Game 1.

Sometimes, the analysis of a game — especially in the playoffs — is so simple, and it is in this series. The Sixers are just better, bigger and more experienced than the Hawks.....

When asked how the Hawks could adjust to Philly’s game plan for the rest of the series, Trae Young didn’t know what to say.

“I don’t know yet,” Young said. “We have to figure out in the next couple of days. If I had the answers, we wouldn’t be talking about it right now.”

Perspective is needed from what we’ve witnessed over the past two games .....The Sixers have three max players on their roster in Embiid, Ben Simmons and Tobias Harris. They’ve built this team to win a championship this year. If they can actually do so is a different question. The Hawks just wanted to make it to the playoffs and had their eyes set on playing meaningful basketball games down the stretch of the regular season. The team’s own CEO went on record and said what this team has accomplished wasn’t something he saw coming in his wildest dreams.

De’Andre Hunter’s absence doesn’t help the Hawks’ chances of pulling an upset against the Sixers. “.......The Hawks do not have any answers defensively on any player in the Sixers’ starting lineup. None. Zero. Zilch.

“We’re really letting them get downhill,” Collins said. “The actions they’re running and the personnel they have — they like to get downhill and get to their game. I feel like we didn’t do our job of not letting them get tougher shots. We let them get the shots they would normally have. That can’t happen, especially in a playoff game. Back to the film room. We obviously know we can do a better job, so we need to lock in and try to compete a little harder and smarter.”

Young has ascended into superstardom and has silenced everyone outside of Atlanta. There’s no question you can build a successful team around him. Bogdanovic cemented himself as Young’s backcourt partner for years to come. Collins adjusted his game and fit in seamlessly with Capela. Huerter’s leap on both ends has given this organization an invaluable player for the future. Capela’s defense rose to heights he did not achieve while with Houston. When healthy, Hunter looked special and showed potential to be the team’s second-best player.

The Hawks doubled their win total from last season. They convincingly won a playoff series. They won a road game against the No. 1 team in the conference. They’ve gained relevance and national respect. They have a core they can build around. They have the means to improve the roster even more than they already have.

Of course, all of this would be sweeter if the Hawks could somehow beat the Sixers and advance to the Eastern Conference finals. It could still happen, but it’s clear the Sixers are just better, and that’s OK.

The Hawks have beautifully set themselves up for the future, and that is ultimately what the biggest goal was coming into the season. 

Some of this sounds like let's be OK with what we've accomplished so far - I'm not quite ready to do that yet, not until the series is over.

• Like 4

I wish he would go into the means to improve this roster more than we already have, that's gonna be trickier than he thinks if that's what he really thinks, we wouldn't be having all this debate about Collins if it wasn't.  He should just say we look better to star players coming here now, cus that's about it.  We don't know what cam will do.and we hope hunter gets back but we need to get bigger and better