• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

NOW moving on to Philly, I see Philly fans already moving to the ECF like Knicks fans to the 2nd round (UPDATED)

NBASupes

35 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

:aaa: Well I uhhh, won king of the court a lot as a kid in my parents apartments. I was ranked #2 there (not official rankings). There was a shifty German guy there... man I tell ya that old goose had a sneaky underhand serve that caught you off guard a lot. He was kinda like ole Blue from Old School the 🎥. A fighter.

Oh baby, you hittin on ladies you hittin with? That’s against the code!!! 

32 minutes ago, hazer said:

Damn bruh, I grew up an apartment tennis kid too 😳

McEnroe vs Borg!

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

The thing is though, a torn meniscus can differ in severity. Some can be really bad, and some can be just ever so slight tears. I dont know what Embiid has, but the fact he has been practicing suggests to me his tear is very small one. If he had a significant tear he would be done.

I continued playing matches too. But when they discovered my lateral limitations I was trying to hide by accidentally serving/returning/volleying me wide they took advantage of it. As should we.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I gotta peep that looks good Apple’s mom was in it too I see.

The Royal Tenenbaums, one of Wes Anderson’s best flicks. Went by the mansion in Harlem Feb 2020 and snapped pics 📸 

Edited by hazer
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Never see that. Was that Luke Wilson? Lol.

4 minutes ago, hazer said:

The Royal Tenenbaums, one of Wes Anderson’s best flicks. Went by the mansion in Harlem Feb 2020 and snapped pics 📸 

Owen’s in it too

• Like 2

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

The thing is though, a torn meniscus can differ in severity. Some can be really bad, and some can be just ever so slight tears. I dont know what Embiid has, but the fact he has been practicing suggests to me his tear is very small one. If he had a significant tear he would be done.

His size... His weight... Extra impact... lateral movement.  It may be a small one but all that movement is going to increase the swelling.   What we can't do is the slow it down, walk it up, halfcourt game.   Sunday, Let's start ready to run.    And Ready to attack the basket. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, NBASupes said:

I have the Hawks in 4 if Embiid is out like I think he is. If heavily hobbled, Hawks in 6

I have us in 5 either way (I think we steal one on the road on Sunday). If Embiid was healthy and could play at 75% then my outcome would be a little different but I truly believe if Embiid plays he will not have nearly the same impact as usual due to injury. Even then in the past we played Philly very well so we will see.

Embiid a health has a lot to do with the outcome in my opinion however.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

The matchup vs Philly in the 2nd round, is the one I've been wanting ever since they came in contention for a top 6 seed.  Of all the matchups, this one was easily the most favorable for the Hawks.

it's also going to be great for the psyche of the team because all of the talking heads and other fans will be like "oh but they did it without a healthy embid" 

so there will be more prove it in the tank.

I think Philly will be very tough to beat because Doc won't let them go out like suckers unlike their former coach. If Brown was still calling the shots, the Hawks might even be favored going in. And looking at the schedule and how far they're stretching things out in hopes that he recover (NBA execs are banking on it), he just might become a factor if the series goes 6 or 7 games. Keeping that in mind, if Embiid is as least 75% and playing 35+ minutes a night (I have my doubts on that), the Sixers win in 6. But if not, well...

The key is the first two games of the series; can the Hawks win one of these games? If so, Philly is in trouble. Big trouble...

• Premium Member
10 hours ago, bleachkit said:

Yea, but I read that if his tear was small and plays there is risk it can become bigger. Not sure if that is accurate but seems to make sense to me. Safe to say Philly is in a tough spot with Embiid I think.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Here's the difference from where I sit.

NYK fans' yapping and national media's yapping about that team's superiority was over-the-top unreasonable. No denying they won all three regular season games, but you have to look closer than that... just like, now, it seems everyone is more than prepared to do with regard to ATL's regular season win over PHI. (Funny how that works.)

But when you're the #1 seed, there is at least some more justification for the yapping than there was when you're the #4 seed that actually only won a tiebreaker. And that's why I thought to post: Pro-PHI yapping > Pro-NYK yapping by a considerable distance.

That said, it goes without saying... but it's being said over and over in this thread, of course... you have to look closer than seeding.

This still will be a challenge even w/o the big guy on the floor, but for all the reasons already stated, a closer analysis beyond seeding leads to reason for optimism if you support the good guys.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

The matchup vs Philly in the 2nd round, is the one I've been wanting ever since they came in contention for a top 6 seed.  Of all the matchups, this one was easily the most favorable for the Hawks.

Yes, though that's not the most encouraging reality to me. Milwaukee and Brooklyn are insane teams and I don't really think we would have a shot in hell against either, Philly is up there but definitely a rungh in the ladder down from a healthy Nets and Bucks. Still Philly is easily a much, much better team than New York. We won't be able to survive playing like we did games 1,2 and 5 on the road against Philly. We need to play a lot better.

Edited by Atlantaholic

• Premium Member

I think our new found defense makes a difference in this series.   Philly is more score in the paint than NY was.  But they also have better shooters.   Our thing is to stay disciplined.     We won't stop them.  But we can out hustle and outscore them.   We got to turn up the tempo and make them play defense. 

• Like 2