• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Could we sign Kawhi Leonard?

NBASupes

• Premium Member
33 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

@thecampster and @capstone21, buzzing you in for your cap expertise. 

We have $8 million in capspace with guaranteed contracts including Dunn and Collins' $12 million caphold. SnT would be the option. IIRC a SnT for LAC hard caps them, i think.

Leonard eligible for a max starting at 35% of the cap - $39.2 million.

What is wrong with Kawhi's knee? Also heard he's not happy with the medical staff in LAC (sounds familiar like in San Antonio).

• Like 3

Probably, but at a prohibitive cost to our depth and future. I’d prefer healthy and flourishing ActionCam and Dr Dre, adding a capable backup PG like TJ McConnell, and a situational bruising 7-footer like (?).

• Like 1

Brooklyn gave up so much depth and talent to get Harden just for it to backfire on them. I'll never be a fan of these types of moves. You wait until you start to develop a team organically then start name chasing for no reason. Kawhi wasn't always a household name himself. This is different than those old Hawks teams when it was clear that none of those guys were true stars or even had the potential to be true stars

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Personally I prefer not to do anything that guts the team. I just think there's too much upside for the young core to trade it away before we know what we have. 

The moves I'd make this offseason would be on the edges with the exception of Capela. I'd consider moving him if a deal presented itself. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I honestly think if this team was healthy in the playoffs we'd be celebrating the first ever NBA championship in Atlanta.

So while I think Kawhi when healthy is the best player in the NBA I'm not holding my breath. I would be happy if he came here but I'd be praying every day his uncle lets him actually play a game.

• Thanks 1