• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawk hire Nick Van Exel as assistant

Spud2nique

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, Diesel said:

He going teach these young guys how to have that DAWG in em... 🙂

We call it ‘the dog’ in the NBA,” Van Exel said. “We are trying to bring that dog out of him.”

“He’s kind of a quiet kid,” Van Exel said. “He likes to joke around and have fun. But there are times when somebody makes him mad, and he is just blowing by guys. And we are like, ‘Man, you’ve got to do that all the time.’ He can do it. He has those skills. We are thinking about maybe going up to him and making him mad before every game, making up stuff just to get him going.”

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Diesel said:

We call it ‘the dog’ in the NBA,” Van Exel said. “We are trying to bring that dog out of him.”

“He’s kind of a quiet kid,” Van Exel said. “He likes to joke around and have fun. But there are times when somebody makes him mad, and he is just blowing by guys. And we are like, ‘Man, you’ve got to do that all the time.’ He can do it. He has those skills. We are thinking about maybe going up to him and making him mad before every game, making up stuff just to get him going.”

Teague still hasn't found that dog, but he has managed to last 12+ years now in the NBA. If he was aggressive he could be one of those Lowry types, a sometimes All Star player, instead of a one-time All Star 

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Teague still hasn't found that dog, but he has managed to last 12+ years now in the NBA. If he was aggressive he could be one of those Lowry types, a sometimes All Star player, instead of a one-time All Star 

While Teague was definitely no Trae... I think in a few of those years between Atl and Minny.. he did become very serviceable. 

15 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

I don’t value much of what a career .405 shooter and non-defender has to say too tough.  We don’t need Trae going backwards.  My dream lead assistant to Nate is The Glove hands down.

This isn't fair.  Great players typically (typically) make bad head coaches, which tells me the quality of player has nothing to do with quality of the coach.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I preferred the glove but I think Trae is smart enough to pick and choose from Nick’s style and career. He’s just gonna take in the lil tricks not micic Nick’s career FG percentage by any means and become a volume guy.

• Like 1