• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Pistons at Hawks

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

7 1st half assists....17 2nd half assist. :good:

Great 2nd half by JC after foul trouble in the 1st half again.

Good to see Huerter get off the 3pt Schneid, he was 2-3.

Cam, oh my...3 consistent games in a row. 

Dieng - just WOW!

Welcome back Sweet Lou.

Delon is steady running that 2nd unit.

Cap and Bogi were out of sorts tonight.

Hawks found their ball movement finally. If they continue to move the ball the points will come with ease. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I think Lou is really gonna have a good season for us. His role will be smaller but it's a better fit for him and he is going to be extremely efficient compared to last season. Not having to play him at the point and sorrounding him with shooters will give him all of the space he needs to operate in the spots he loves. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Atlantaholic said:

I think Lou is really gonna have a good season for us. His role will be smaller but it's a better fit for him and he is going to be extremely efficient compared to last season. Not having to play him at the point and sorrounding him with shooters will give him all of the space he needs to operate in the spots he loves. 

Dieng definitely needs to play with either Collins or Capela, to keep the Hawks big.

We got a little shaky there, when we were playing Cam at the 4.  Luckily, Trae had his floater explosion to offset the scoring that Detroit was doing.  Defensively, that lineup was just too small, and you can't be asking Cam to guard Kelly Olynyk on multiple possessions.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Why would Dieng/Collins be an experiment?

I don't think it's an experiment. It's just getting them more time on the court together. 

Also Trae has gotten his turnovers down to 3 a game thus far and only 2 per game in his last two.  He's doing what you wanted..lol

• Like 2

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Teams are really playing him for the pass when he drives to the lane so he just killed Detroit with the floater.

Nate told Trae teams were playing him for the lob so bust out the floater...yep, great adjustment.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, marco102 said:

I don't think it's an experiment. It's just getting them more time on the court together. 

Also Trae has gotten his turnovers down to 3 a game thus far and only 2 per game in his last two.  He's doing what you wanted..lol

Same for playing Trae/Delon together. 

6 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

Oh yeah Cam, that'll do. I'm loving that Nate is leaving Cam on the 2nd unit and telling him to be the aggressive scorer on that unit. It allows Cam to still make and learn from some mistakes easier without losing confidence. Keep that arrow pointed up. 

Consistency was all I wanted this year for him. Glad he's off to a great start.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RandomFan said:
Oh yeah Cam, that'll do. I'm loving that Nate is leaving Cam on the 2nd unit and telling him to be the aggressive scorer on that unit. It allows Cam to still make and learn from some mistakes easier without losing confidence. Keep that arrow pointed up. 

I'm interested to see how Cam bounces back next game.  He was confident throughout this one, but want to see if he can maintain 40+ from the field and 35+ from the three.

He has improved tremendously on his spot ups.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Travis needs to give Dieng an extension asap.  The passing, the offensive game, the defense and he's a solid rebounder. He'd be a great second or third center for the next couple of seasons. 

The Pistons are a tough young team and fought hard.  The Hawks finally got it rolling in the third and pulled away.  

Trae - Great game from Trae.  He's now averaging 25 pts, 2.3 rebounds, 10 assists, 3 turnovers and 1.3 steals on 45.8% from the field and 31,25% from three. He's getting to the line about 5.3 times a game too.  This was a very well run game for him. Teams are really playing him for the pass when he drives to the lane so he just killed Detroit with the floater.  Really nice adjustment by him. 

John - Had a hell of a game even though he was in foul trouble.  We really need John on both ends to keep things rolling.  

Kevin and Bogi both had solid games. 

Cam - Had some crazy steals and 17 pts on bad efficiency.  I'm interested to see how he bounces back in the next game.  The positive his misses were him being defended well and he stayed confident throughout. 

Wright - Very solid game from him. 

Solo - Don't shoot!

If Cam stops taking difficult shots, his efficiency will go up.

• Like 3

Just now, marco102 said:

I'm interested to see how Cam bounces back next game.  He was confident throughout this one, but want to see if he can maintain 40+ from the field and 35+ from the three.

He has improved tremendously on his spot ups.

A lot of his misses were barely misses within the 3 point line. 

• Like 4