• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at 76ers

lethalweapon3

5 hours ago, Plainview1981 said:

This team is not built properly.

A lot of folks thought the Hawks would be a top 3 team based on mostly the playoff run.

The most positive thing that has carried over is Cam's development.

I'm reluctant to praise anyone. Many folks take my approach as being "offensive" if they like a particular player or whomever.

But, I believe Cam will at least be the number 2 guy in a couple of years. It could become a Trae vs. Cam "which way should the team go" kind of thing.

If Trae is going to need the ball in his hands almost exclusively it will become a problem.

Trae is not MJ... He is not LeBron... He is not Kobe. If you're not on that level, you shouldn't control the ball as much as Trae does.

I mean, it was understandable during Trae's first couple of years because the team wasn't very talented.

I think this kind of thing happens where a player like Trae gets drafted, has to carry a team his first few years during some rough seasons, but can that player make changes once this no longer becomes the case?

Tree's focus should be becoming and more effecient shooter and playing off the ball.

He has to modify his game some. The emergence of Cam and Hunter make it a must.

There are questions that need to be answered. .Despite The playoff run, this team still doesn't have a real identity yet 

I agree with the 1st part of this post.  Disagree with the 2nd part.

Cam's development has been a positive, no doubt.  More than any other player on the team, he can get his shot off any time he wants, due to his size and his ability to get to the basket.  They may be very difficult shots, but he can get them off.  The bigger elephant in the room, in my opinion, is if Cam should be starting over Hunter, if Cam continues to rise, and Hunter stays stagnant?

As for Trae, a huge deal is made of him playing more off the ball.  I'm curious though, other than Steph Curry, who is this great "off the ball" PG that moves within the offense to get good shots?  I'll go down the list of the top PGs in the league:

• Paul - no
  • Fox - no
  • Harden - no
  • Irving - no
  • Holiday - somewhat
  • Steph Curry - yes ( pretty much the standard )
  • Murray - no
  • Luka - lol . . mr ISO himself
  • Morant - now he does it, because he's so athletic
  • Westbrook - no
  • Lowry - somewhat
  • Lonzo Ball - no, more of a spot up shooter that waits for the ball to be swung to him
  • LaMelo Ball - yes

I think the bigger issue than Trae playing off the ball, is are the other guys looking to pass it back to Trae when open?  Trae normally doesn't get the ball back until the guy with the ball can do nothing else. At that time, the ball goes back to Trae, for him to make something happen.  But swinging the ball to an open Trae?  It's a rare occasion that it happens.

People want Trae to play like Steve Nash, in which he's the facilitator first, and a scorer 2nd.  

Cool.

So who is going to be the lead option as a scorer?  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I rewatched some tape on Dre and I watched a lot of Duarte. I can see why during the draft, Atlanta was shopping Cam to try to get Duarte. He's like a young John Starks with 6'6 size. He's a rookie averaging 17.7 with splits of 43/39/91. They were also in talks for Kuminga as well but Duarte was one of their top targets. His defense is solid. Now Cam is better at this moment and probably will always be much better but you gotta think, Cam came off of an injury filled 9PPG with horrible splits RS last year. His development and improvement has been massive this year as well as his metrics. 

As for Dre, he doesn't look explosive this year as he did last. That's why he's looking like rookie Dre again. Hopefully he finds it, he didn't have much of a summer due to recovery for his injury. 

The biggest quarrel right now is that: Dre - knee, Kev - ankle, Bogi - he had his issues, Clint - Achilles have spend all offseason recovering from injuries. They are in no rhythm at all. That said, we still don't know what works and doesn't work as how we won in the RS last year really isn't here anymore or not in the rotation at all. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, NBASupes said:

@Spud2nique, I know you were gone for awhile but that's what we do. Me, Terrell, Hawkmoor, Bonkers, Hots. Etc. Just like we praise when we are playing well, we criticize just as hard. Right now, this team looks worse than LPs early season team last year. That's problematic. 

We can all see that they look terrible. There's a difference between criticizing and writing the team off as a fluke and saying Trae isn't a star and they should blow up the team. All of those comments were made during the Philly game. 

No one is ignoring that they look like a lottery team right now. But there's no need to to make sweeping conclusions based on 6 games. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, JeffS17 said:

There's a difference between criticizing the play and making suggestions on how we can be better versus just over reacting and venting emotions on the page by way of shitting on our players.

I need to start saving some of these absolutely insane posts getting thrown out -- trade trae for picks... snell is a better regular season contributor than hunter... etc. etc.  I missed the game yesterday due to other priorities but even if we had the worst game of all time, no one game warrants some of these reactions.  We're 3-3 and haven't been playing near our potential.

Ohh snap, jeffy's keepin' receipts on these foo's.  Get 'em, JS17 .... wait '17'?

This you?   .... :Schroder:

• Haha 3

42 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Ohh snap, jeffy's keepin' receipts on these foo's.  Get 'em, JS17 .... wait '17'?

This you?   .... :Schroder:

Foolishness is exactly what it is. There's room for criticism and suggestions on what needs to happen obviously, but venting with ridiculous takes adds nothing.  I expect better from supes but some of these other folks it's just par for the course.  They only come around when they can vent idiocy anyway.  

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

Foolishness is exactly what it is. There's room for criticism and suggestions on what needs to happen obviously, but venting with ridiculous takes adds nothing.  I expect better from supes but some of these other folks it's just par for the course.  They only come around when they can vent idiocy anyway.  

Eggsactly.  I don't see anybody out here saying 'all is well' or acting like we don't have issues that need solving.

But folks wanting to fire the coach, trade everybody, blah, blah, blah ... All that tells me is that person had that opinion regardless of actual results.

Full disclosure, I haven't seen anyone suggesting a coach firing.  I mention that just as an example of 'stuff' people say.  But, knowing who/what we're dealing with, I'm gonna go out on a pretty sturdy limb and say it's coming soon.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1