• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Bring Jaylen Brown home

Spud2nique

I have been one of the biggest supporters of Cam, @NBASupes and @marco102 possibly more but I’m gonna pull the trigger here on this. I wouldn’t even know what to do with my Cam jersey from 2019, I guess it would become another X Hawk jersey.

(Pic below shows the love for Cam with the aforementioned jersey from July 2019). 

Hawks get:

Jaylen Brown

Celts (or a 3rd party) gets:

Cam

Gallo

2022 1st round pick (top 3 protected)

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yyqs2bh5

Thoughts? Comments? 

Trae+Jaylen+JC+Hunter+Huerter+Okongwu+Capela+Bogi= That is an elite 8 man rotation for a championship run if healthy.

0BFA1679-288F-4339-A179-A3A887EE9AA0.jpeg

DD5A2121-9407-4ED2-9CCE-B2D8C4F5598B.jpeg

C465AA48-38B6-4500-BD3D-94A9566E388E.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I have been one of the biggest supporters of Cam, @NBASupes and @marco102 possibly more but I’m gonna pull the trigger here on this. I wouldn’t even know what to do with my Cam jersey from 2019, I guess it would become another X Hawk jersey.

(Pic below shows the love for Cam with the aforementioned jersey from July 2019). 

Hawks get:

Jaylen Brown

Cam

Gallo

Thoughts? Comments? 

Trae+Jaylen+JC+Hunter+Huerter+Okongwu+Capela+Bogi= That is an elite 8 man rotation for a championship run if healthy.

Let's visit this trade next season.  I want to get a full season of Cam to see his growth before shipping him off.

I do like Jalen though, but he's just as injured as our wings right now and his may be a bit worse with reinjuring that hamstring.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Hawks get:

Jaylen Brown

Cam

Gallo

Thoughts? Comments? 

I knew it would be this, :laugh1:.

Thing is Jaylen seems to always have some injury.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I knew it would be this, :laugh1:.

Thing is Jaylen seems to always have some injury.

Bird I knew you had the scouting report on me. :laugh1:

You ruled out Kawhi, and this was the only other guy left in the league. Ok that’s not true. But one of maybe a handful but you are right the injury thing is a killer but so is playoff Jaylen. If Trae and Jaylen made a playoff run together with both healthy, it would be fun to watch.

Again, I love Cam, I’ve already gotten 3 PM’s about this :laugh1:No my account hasn’t been hacked folks lol.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, shakes said:

Spud if you post this on GM you’ll get killed and rightfully so.  This is horrific for Boston.  

Ya they hate me over there. Except for Jamal, he treats me like the hot 🥵 girl in school and ignores me when I know he loves me. :spruce_up:

• Haha 1

• Premium Member

People are gonna miss the eff out of Gallo if he is shipped. Fans take for granted what he brings, he was legit our second best offensive player overall in the playoffs last year. Jaylen Brown doesn't even address the issue with this team that is defense though, and while he is a big plus for our starting unit our bench would be abysmal. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Holic is right. 

Gallo stabilizes our second team scoring.  When we get healthy, we have great depth.   These Knee Jerk reactions don't really make us better.   Until we're talking about playoff p, let's hold on to that package. 

• Thanks 1

Celts hang up the phone. In addition to Cam, Gallo & 2022 1st round pick (top 3 protected) we also likely need to add one of Hunter/Huerter or 2023 FRP (unprotected). I'd draw the line if the other side asked for any of Jalen/Cooper though as this should be enough compensation.

If your asking me, i'd make the trade.

Edited by Carmine
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
53 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Boston wanted Trae for Brown. So saying something like this would cause them to hurl.

And if they want to overrate Brown it is in our benefit for them to keep him as well. That Celts team build around Tatum and Brown will peak as a mid level seed second round exit.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

And if they want to overrate Brown it is in our benefit for them to keep him as well. That Celts team build around Tatum and Brown will peak as a mid level seed second round exit.

They fell for the same fool's gold that Tatum fell for.  Thought he, and to a lesser extent Brown, were the reason for their brief run of success.  They certainly were major contributors, but they weren't carrying those teams to any degree.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, kg01 said:

They fell for the same fool's gold that Tatum fell for.  Thought he, and to a lesser extent Brown, were the reason for their brief run of success.  They certainly were major contributors, but they weren't carrying those teams to any degree.

It's two guys that put up numbers but their impact is assymetrical to the size of those numbers. Brown for example has never had a PER over 20, win shares per 48 mins over .123 and is currently ranked around 120 in net raptor rating (adjusted +- on defense and offense) wallowing with third option type players like Levert and Oubre. Last year he ranked around 70th in both WAR and net Raptor ranking right above Delon Wright... Point is you look at all none counting stats for Brown and he isn't a needle mover, his value is around that of an average player and he is coveted by Boston as if he is a star. Jayson Tatum is also extremely overrated but he is at least a top 30 player. Brown is not. 

• Like 4

• Premium Member
18 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

It's two guys that put up numbers but their impact is assymetrical to the size of those numbers. Brown for example has never had a PER over 20, win shares per 48 mins over .123 and is currently ranked around 120 in net raptor rating (adjusted +- on defense and offense) wallowing with third option type players like Levert and Oubre. Last year he ranked around 70th in both WAR and net Raptor ranking right above Delon Wright... Point is you look at all none counting stats for Brown and he isn't a needle mover, his value is around that of an average player and he is coveted by Boston as if he is a star. Jayson Tatum is also extremely overrated but he is at least a top 30 player. Brown is not. 

Tatum is easily the most overrated player in the NBA.  Definitely on RealGM.    Ridiculous that it is mainstream common belief that he is better than Trae.  He shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence as Trae.   Trae is a much better player and has proven it every year he's been in the league except maybe his rookie year.  For at least 3 years he has been a much better player than Tatum, yet Tatum is always ranked higher by media and fans.

• Thanks 4

15 minutes ago, shakes said:

Tatum is easily the most overrated player in the NBA.  Definitely on RealGM.    Ridiculous that it is mainstream common belief that he is better than Trae.  He shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence as Trae.   Trae is a much better player and has proven it every year he's been in the league except maybe his rookie year.  For at least 3 years he has been a much better player than Tatum, yet Tatum is always ranked higher by media and fans.

Tatum fits their eye test.  He's everything the eggsperts (think they) want in a basketball player.  They swoon over him.

Unfortunately for them, he plays with the same type of selfishness that made the eggsperts turn on Melo.  I'm just waitin' for that stank to hit Tatum.  Right now folks are still looking for MVP-level performance from him.  Give 'em a couple more seasons to fall outta love.

• Like 3