• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Rockets at Hawks

lethalweapon3

11 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

You're right. Chris Bosh is in the hall of fame. Put up big numbers for a decade and change and you're probably in. 

Had Bosh stayed in TOR, winning nothing, he wouldn't be in.

27 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I know you didn't just say that. If KAT keeps this level of play for another six years at a minimum he's a shoe in for the HOF.

I know you know I didn't say that.  Geez, follow the joke old man.

And, if he never wins, he won't be a HOF.  He'll only make it if they choose to view him as an international player.

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, shakes said:

I disagree with this.  Fact is we do suck.  We have one player who is out there playing his ass off (on offense) and then a whole bunch of inconsistent half assers making up the rest of the roster.  JC is good, but he takes himself out of some games with bad fouls.

Fact is we haven't beaten a good team all year other than Milwaukee.  And now we are starting to lose to bad teams.

And just like in the dark days of the Lloyd Pierce era, we are blowing 4th quarter leads regularly.

Yea, we suck. We suck big time.

Nah, we don't suck.  Are we playing perfectly?  No.  But that doesn't mean we deserve to lose more games.  Every team out there is making mistakes and playing poorly at times.

4 hours ago, kg01 said:

We deserve our below .500 record.

We don't "deserve" to be under .500 any more than most teams.  Our net rating is 9th in the NBA right now.  We played poorly for a few stretches that are memorable because we lost games we had a lead, not the end of the world.  We're fixing it starting tonight

• Like 1

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, kg01 said:

And, if he never wins, he won't be a HOF.  He'll only make it if they choose to view him as an international player.

That "warty" player had 32 points tonight on the road in a big win over the MVP. 

And no, he won't need to win a ring to be in the HOF. You are nuts if you think a center that averaged 25 points/10 boards a game on great shooting for 10 years (at least) is not getting into the HOF.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Sothron said:

You know I love you, bro. Don't me get all emotional. I've already been in my feels watching Drazen Petrovich games and reading the biography on him that came out a few years ago. Playing him in both MyPlayer as a SG and those Nets on those awesome retro rosters that person does on 2k22 on PS5. 

I can't find anywhere to buy his jersey in MyPlayer though which is a shame.

I love Petro!

I won’t get you all emotional but I am rooting for you to win your matchup in the squawk fantasy football 🏈.. cuz then..

image.gif.17853c3f4d8576ce8dfdcf3915620b3a.gif

• Haha 3

• Premium Member
14 hours ago, kg01 said:

Nah, I don't agree. If Bosh had stayed in Toronto he is putting up 20-10 for another five seasons and his numbers would be up there with virtually any HOF PF. Making the HoF in the NBA is pretty easy compared to MLB and NFL.

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Atlantaholic said:

Team success hasn't really been a big factor in HoF voting for the NBA. It can get you in for sure if you have it, but it won't keep you out if you have the numbers.  Pete Maravich is in the Hall having won one playoff series in his entire career. 

He was somehow on the top 50 list despite being not particularly efficient at his one outstanding stat - scoring.  

And during that season where he "won" a playoff series?  He was a benchwarmer that season who was 10th on the team in total points scored.  In the playoffs when he was available for every game, he was 8th on the team in minutes played.  

In other words, he was the equivalent for the Celtics of what Lou Williams was for the Hawks last season in the playoffs.  A past-his-prime vet coming off the bench for a few shots.  In contrast, the Hawks won a playoff series the season before he joined them and then actually won a playoff series without him before he made it past he first round.

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

I love Petro!

I won’t get you all emotional but I am rooting for you to win your matchup in the squawk fantasy football 🏈.. cuz then..

image.gif.17853c3f4d8576ce8dfdcf3915620b3a.gif

So seriously where besides the NBA store in Myplayer do you buy jerseys? I thought there was a store in the middle of the city where like the shoe stores and other stores are at but can't find any. I got the 92-93 Nets shorts but can't find the Petro jersey to rock them with.

2 minutes ago, Sothron said:

So seriously where besides the NBA store in Myplayer do you buy jerseys? I thought there was a store in the middle of the city where like the shoe stores and other stores are at but can't find any. I got the 92-93 Nets shorts but can't find the Petro jersey to rock them with.

Generally just the nba store and hawks shop but Hawks shop is crazy slow in getting stuff out. Most of my jerseys were bought at the mall in the early 90’s at those jersey shops they had in there, then they had these old posters and 3D sports memorabilia store I used to frequent as well, all about 30+ years ago..

Also visited the NBA store in New York, it was really nice.

ps I caught a Knicks shirt in the game at MSG shot out the cannon 😂 

38C81240-2472-40DA-BDB0-5BB6E50708DD.jpeg

6592F46F-3B89-4F65-965D-A1B278B1434F.jpeg

C11E5F38-2A9D-4027-96D1-07DEFB3CB868.jpeg

06C29A2F-2A5A-47BA-9FE2-EFAB1A1CC089.jpeg

F3E6E865-043C-49D6-91D8-B155894E1354.jpeg

79A6B854-0495-46F0-9DDB-C32DDC0FF0D9.jpeg

11 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Generally just the nba store and hawks shop but Hawks shop is crazy slow in getting stuff out. Most of my jerseys were bought at the mall in the early 90’s at those jersey shops they had in there, then they had these old posters and 3D sports memorabilia store I used to frequent as well, all about 30+ years ago..

@kg01 you wanna feel small? Put your hand 🤚 print on Ayton’s to match.

:mellow:

• Like 1

• Premium Member
36 minutes ago, AHF said:

He was somehow on the top 50 list despite being not particularly efficient at his one outstanding stat - scoring.  

And during that season where he "won" a playoff series?  He was a benchwarmer that season who was 10th on the team in total points scored.  In the playoffs when he was available for every game, he was 8th on the team in minutes played.  

In other words, he was the equivalent for the Celtics of what Lou Williams was for the Hawks last season in the playoffs.  A past-his-prime vet coming off the bench for a few shots.  In contrast, the Hawks won a playoff series the season before he joined them and then actually won a playoff series without him before he made it past he first round.

Yea, the HoF in basketball is less dependant on team accomplishments and even numbers than any of the other Halls. Maravich's numbers are not even that impressive, I think his college scoring numbers and the fact he is viewed as kind of the father of flashy passing are the reasons Pete made it. A guy like Bosh who was an All-Star every year basically for a decade is as much of a shoo-in as you can have even if he hadn't had the championships. 

• Moderators
52 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

Yea, the HoF in basketball is less dependant on team accomplishments and even numbers than any of the other Halls. Maravich's numbers are not even that impressive, I think his college scoring numbers and the fact he is viewed as kind of the father of flashy passing are the reasons Pete made it. A guy like Bosh who was an All-Star every year basically for a decade is as much of a shoo-in as you can have even if he hadn't had the championships. 

While his career was cut short, he still racked up 11 All-Star appearances which is plenty to pass the bar.  Puts him ahead of guys like Shawn Kemp and Shawn Marion.  Maybe the committee doesn't like Shawns?

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Atlantaholic said:

Nah, I don't agree. If Bosh had stayed in Toronto he is putting up 20-10 for another five seasons and his numbers would be up there with virtually any HOF PF. Making the HoF in the NBA is pretty easy compared to MLB and NFL.

Yeah I've railed against the Farce-of-Fame for years.  Because it's a farce, you and ol' smug @Sothron are probably right about Towns.

Happy, soth? Ol' Smuggy McSmuggerson.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

I love the photos but I'm talking about in the game @Spud2nique lol. I've got a real Petro jersey in real life, hell I just posted photos of me wearing it and the matching Nets shorts in the last game thread.

I'm talking about for MyPlayer in NBA 2k22 when you are in the city. I can only find the NBA store that sells jerseys in the game. I thought there was another plcae to buy retro jerseys.

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
53 minutes ago, AHF said:

While his career was cut short, he still racked up 11 All-Star appearances which is plenty to pass the bar.  Puts him ahead of guys like Shawn Kemp and Shawn Marion.  Maybe the committee doesn't like Shawns?

Both faded hard after their 30's so maybe that's why. If you look at the overall numbers they should both be in, especially Marion. You could argue the impact Kemp had on the game was greater, if that's even a metric, which it seems to be at time but who knows. 

1 hour ago, Sothron said:

Petro

Johan? :eyebrow:… :laugh1: I kid!

1 hour ago, Sothron said:

MyPlayer in NBA 2k22

I’ve never played that I either play vs the computer head to head all star mode that’s it. Lol. I don’t get them gear, I get some gear for myself lol.