• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Travis Schlenk on 92.9 after Rockets loss: "Good teams don't do that!"

NineOhTheRino

• Premium Member
  • Premium Member

Going by the overall record, and the results versus the better teams, I have to say this is not a good team.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
19 hours ago, Hawkmoor said:

But, but, the Hawks can't play Jalen Johnson because of his defense.  He might mess up that defense that gave up 44 fourth quarter points to the Rockets. 😀

Understand the sarcasm but we will have much less of a chance keeping teams under 30-40 points a quarter with Jalen out there.  Gallo is not a good defender but he does do SOME things well on that end.  Jalen ball watched from under the rim when his guy was laying it in lol

• Like 1

There are so many areas of this defense that we need to fix, but to me, our transition defense is killing us the most. For example look at this play. Everyone is running back on defense, yet no one knows where there man is. What does that do? Lead to an easy bucket for Jokic.

Edited by ATLHawks3
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

How do you know?  The guy has not played this year

Well, I don't KNOW that.  I think it's true though.  He hasn't really ever had a moment to make you think he is an NBA rotation level player.  He was outplayed by our rookies during summer league.  The fact that he has not played more likely means he doesn't have the talent to contribute in a significant way than it means he is a hidden talent ready to make a big impact.  Second round picks who haven't played in 3 NBA seasons are more likely destined for China than a rotation spot. 

But none of us KNOW for sure.  I can think of 2nd round picks we traded away on draft night like Devonte Graham that we missed on, but I can't think of a guy that turned on the jets after 2 1/2 seasons on our roster.  Mike Scott made our rotation after one season.  So there isn't much history of this scenario playing out.  I'm going with the most likely odds, believing differently sounds like desperation to me.  

Our players either don't care or refuse.to play def. They know how to do it. This isn't that complex .  Not sure why trea felt the need.tonsau the regular season is boring either.  Either way we haven't won shit yet , sucks to get rid of guys we drafted that have potential but if we start over the. We stet over we just did it not long ago, fk it.  All that need to be understood is if a champ team can be built around trea or not and if it can't be find that out asap and move on. Don't drag it out 

• Premium Member
On 12/18/2021 at 8:37 PM, Hawkmoor said:

But, but, the Hawks can't play Jalen Johnson because of his defense.  He might mess up that defense that gave up 44 fourth quarter points to the Rockets. 😀

I get what you're saying but be careful what you ask for. Just because the defense sucks does not mean it can't get a lot, lot worse.

• Like 2

• Moderators
18 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

I get what you're saying but be careful what you ask for. Just because the defense sucks does not mean it can't get a lot, lot worse.

This is the truth.  It is especially true when people don't know where they need to be on defense and so it throws the whole scheme out of whack.  Bad but somewhat organized execution of a scheme is a lesser sin comparatively.  

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, Final_quest said:

Second round picks who haven't played in 3 NBA seasons are more likely destined for China than a rotation spot. 

but I can't think of a guy that turned on the jets after 2 1/2 seasons on our roster. 

Isn't this his 2nd year in the league?

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, mrhonline said:

He's pretty much only played in blowouts, but he didn't seem to hurt the team:

image.png

He played in 33 games last year and averaged over 8 minutes per games played exact number of minutes Dieng is averaging this year so he wasn't just getting minutes in blow outs