• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Knicks, we hope, on Christmas Day!

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

When the team can't even crack 100 points, yeah, it's definitely about Trae's absence.

When the backup center leads us in assists, and we can't even score 40 points in a half . . . yeah, it's about the missing superstar.

Teams can and have won games without a high octane offense. It's called defense. And by the way...that high octane offense had us under .500 on the season in case you didn't notice.

The Knicks hit  twenty 3 pointers. There is no excuse for that, healthy or sick. How about some effort.  As far as high  energy players  Lance is on a ten day contract and over the hill and I disagree with Collins. If he brought some real physicality with energy I would be on board but he has no enforcer  in him. I didn't think the Hawks were as good as many thought  they would be on this site but I hope they learned the energy level they would have to play to win. Wrong, the run they had last year went to their heads and they thought the league was going to lay down for them. They better wake up. I'm really disappointed with their whole demeanor. Respect the Game or go home.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Teams can and have won games without a high octane offense. It's called defense. And by the way...that high octane offense had us under .500 on the season in case you didn't notice.

We're not going to be close to .500 in today's NBA, not scoring 100 points.  Period.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

That's exactly what they think, when it's the complete opposite.  Trae is making those guys money, by making them look much better than what they really are.

Collins, Bogi, Capela especially.. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bonkers said:

I will say one thing. At least Trae has GUTS

The rest of this team does not. They are a soft team with no pride. Really hurts to see. I see no fire in any player

Trae/Cam/Hunter/OO

Thats my core keepers..

Id deal anyone else for right price(player)..

Only include Hunter or Cam for a star...

Edited by terrell
  • Like 4

28 minutes ago, terrell said:

Trae/Cam/Hunter/OO

Thats my core keepers..

I feel the same way. Everyone outside of these four and JC can go for less than a star but it has to be worth it. JC probably stays but I would really consider JC for AD. 

Kevin, i would trade him and a 1st for an upgrade as well as Bogi. 

I am about a year away from trading Capela for 1st round pick. 

Kevin and a 1st for Mikal Bridges 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, terrell said:

Trae/Cam/Hunter/OO

Thats my core keepers..

Which is WHY I keep harping on the veteran star that is even REMOTELY available for the Hawks, Kyrie Irving.  I mocked the 3 team trade with San Antonio in my thread about Kyrie.  I had Cam, Hunter, Huerter and Okongwu leaving, and Kyrie Irving and Nic Claxton coming to the Hawks.  Its like this:  The Hawks NEED a bona fide scoring option to pair with Trae.  We have been hoping that Cam would be it but sooner or later, he has to produce.  I don't like sending Okongwu anywhere in a trade, but thats how highly I think of Jalen Johnson's potential (which teams would want).  Imagine Johnson over in San Antonio with Pop's development.

The Hawks are already at their peak potential.  My initial thinking was a healthy Hunter and Reddish would make this a legitimate championship contender, but I have cooled on that because of Hunter's injuries and Reddish's up and down stock price.  Even Shaq jokingly said that the Hawks should look at Irving as a part time player. What he was saying if you strip it back is people who know basketball are frustrated with the Hawks and know they need another piece to pair with Trae.  Irving wouldn't have to be part time with the Hawks.

Lastly, I harped on the Hawks getting Demar DeRozan for years and look at what Chicago did.  They have paired him with Lavine, Ball, Vucevic.  The Bulls are the team I wanted the Hawks to be and they could be but they are not gonna trade their PERCEIVED depth for a bona fide scorer to pair with Young.

Edited by Hawkmoor

2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

My wife was like, you didn't get mad not once this game. I was like, do you see who's available. I'll be mad when we got everyone back and still play like ish. I actually felt the defense was sound outside of breakdowns. 

I had Dinner at my Moms with NO television or phones allowed, thank Goodness....I only saw the beginning of the game and we were down 19-3...I left the house and refused to listen to the game on the radio on the way there....Hawks werent ruining my Christmas.. lol

36 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I feel the same way. Everyone outside of these four and JC can go for less than a star but it has to be worth it. JC probably stays but I would really consider JC for AD. 

Whos giving up a 1st for Capela besides us? lol. 

Nah just kidding.  Capela did help us get to the Playoffs...

Maybe thats what Schlenk traded for him for...GET to the playoffs.

Because hes pretty much a non factor come Playoff time..

I remember you wanted Cole Anthony with that pick. I wanted Maxey.. Either would look good right now as Traes backup..

It was a great trade for us though..

Just sayin.. lol

3 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

All of these starters that complain about shots, really get exposed in games like these.  Being the lead scoring option isn't as easy as you think it is.  Especially when you look for your own shot all the time, and not try to get the TEAM the best shot.

Name some names.. lol

3 hours ago, hawkman said:

There better not be any more complaints about Trae after the past few games. All of these other guys are "others", nothing more. Cam is the only one I can think of that can be more than that in the future. Trae is the guy that makes this team work.

No player is above criticism....But yeah its Trae and just a bunch of guys...lol.  Been sayin it.. 

Edited by terrell

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

Collins for Street Clothes? IDK about that.. Not the biggest Collins fan, but at least he's usually on the court..

Agreed. We need an upgrade at  SG..

Id trade Capela for a 1st now..Especially if its a lottery pick..

Phoenix would never...