• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

My guy has talked around NBA circles of late

NBASupes

• Premium Member

I'll say again so it doesn't get misremembered years from now....  I don't see Grant as a replacement or vast improvement over Hunter.  More as a stable interim buffer through the development of our wings.  He can shoot from the perimeter, create his own shot, rebound and defend.  There's nothing unattractive about him other than what you would potentially have to give up. Which, in a ralistic market would be like a protected first rounder and filler.

I'm certainly not interested in Grant for some of the deals that I'm seeing tossed around. I was also more interested in this before the start of last season and during Hunter's injury down time. Obviously, if our boy continues on his trajectory, or even just holds this level of production, and if we continue winning, then that interest level decreases further.

At the end of the day, if we can get him for some dead weight / spare parts, then I'd love to see it.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
18 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

you make any deal that improves our team

Routinely, the question is a matter of "improves our team" now... or next year.

No one ever makes a deal, self-evidently, without one of those two as the premise.

Some of us believe you make deals posited on the likelihood of it improving this season's success.

Others think this group is already a lost cause, and so, it makes sense to be more open to deals regardless of their possible effect on chemistry and this season's results.

Sooooooooooooooo... to the point... your record kinda points you to one of those premises... that's why you bother to look at record.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

Forget the record.  I've always said you make any deal that improves our team.  It doesn't matter if we are winning or losing.

Can do that in the off season when it's more palatable due to having seen how this group finishes the year.  Maybe they go to a finals or win a championship.

An in season move could do that too. I just think the asking prices for trades will be more reasonable after the season when GMs have seen their teams flame out in the playoffs and they know the draft positions of picks.

• Like 2

Seems that someone somewhere continues to try to trade Colling away.  Some of these trades make very little sense for Atlanta and others make no sense at all.

One would certainly believe, if these people are correct, that Collins has demanded that we trade him right now!  Detroit has a player with similar $$$ contract.  Collins is signed for several years.  The Piston's contract expires with the season.  Let's trade for him and let him walk at season's end.  Yeah, right.

Travis knows what he's doing.  If he pulls this off, I'll have a hard time believing.  How about you?

:smug:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

Seems that someone somewhere continues to try to trade Colling away.  Some of these trades make very little sense for Atlanta and others make no sense at all.

One would certainly believe, if these people are correct, that Collins has demanded that we trade him right now!  Detroit has a player with similar $$$ contract.  Collins is signed for several years.  The Piston's contract expires with the season.  Let's trade for him and let him walk at season's end.  Yeah, right.

Travis knows what he's doing.  If he pulls this off, I'll have a hard time believing.  How about you?

:smug:

Agreed, Collins has a lot of value for us and around the league.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sothron said:

I don't want Grant. Like even if for expiring Gallo or Wright. No interest for me. He already said he wants to be a primary offensive option on a  new team. That is red flag city right there. No thanks. 

Probably how Knix fans feel rn.

Too soon?

🙃

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Can we put this to bed and stop pining for guys that don't want us, please!

How is somebody who signed with the Pistons allowed to even have such a list?? I’m with the majority here who want no part of this guy.

• Thanks 4

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, JeffS17 said:

Remaining SoS as an FYI for others:

image.png

Probably the most interesting one here is the Grizzlies.  They have by far the easiest schedule left and they have been rolling through the tougher teams.

Kind of irks me to see us as an “easy” opponent, but it is what it is at this point in the season.

• Like 3