• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

My guy has talked around NBA circles of late

NBASupes

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Lw3 has been saying he’s headed straight back to the Heat. That’s not tampering but it kind of is in a way. I think a rested Dragic can be a force in the playoffs. 

Having said that, Wright has a knack for getting steals in the passing lanes and forcing turnovers. Dragic would be a menace for us on the offensive end. 

I think Goran has another year or two left but the tank is emptying I agree with that.

I wouldn't trade Wright if we're giving up Bogi.   Salaries work for Bogi for Dragic.  However, I would look for somewhere else to ship Dragic that he wants to go.  I have heard Miami, Orlando, or Dallas. 

If we were talking shipping him to Orlando.. maybe Gary Harris makes sense.   I've heard Terrance Ross name a lot but they would have to come off of something.   With Harris, we'd probably have to throw in a pick or something. 

I mentioned Dallas because they have immediate need.   But no contracts except THJr makes sense.  Unless we want something like Bullock and Kebbler, but I doubt they would want to part with that. 

Miami... is less likely to want Dragic.  They got Lowry and behind him is Herro.  They really don't have bad contracts either. 

50 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Nathan Fillion GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

I’m sorry Diesel, I don’t forget, I forgive but I don’t forget. He hadn’t played 1 NBA game and he didn’t dictate where he WANTED to go but rather where he DIDN’T wanna go.

I know, it’s a thing of the past with these new super teams and cry baby superstars but that was actually a thing in the past where a franchise would hold a grudge, and that’s the front office, I’m just a fan.

Comon Diesel you’re an OG, you’re telling me you’re ok with that? Maaaan, don’t go soft on me, not you.

• Like 2

Question? Why would the Blazers and Clipps do the Norm Pow/Bled deal now instead of February 10?

I mean, obviously deals have gotten done in years past before the D day but why wouldn’t you wait? I mean unless the Blazers are gonna be super busy which might be the case.

#standpat #upgradepointifmustbutwrightisgoodtoo

• Premium Member
18 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I’m sorry Diesel, I don’t forget, I forgive but I don’t forget. He hadn’t played 1 NBA game and he didn’t dictate where he WANTED to go but rather where he DIDN’T wanna go.

I know, it’s a thing of the past with these new super teams and cry baby superstars but that was actually a thing in the past where a franchise would hold a grudge, and that’s the front office, I’m just a fan.

Comon Diesel you’re an OG, you’re telling me you’re ok with that? Maaaan, don’t go soft on me, not you.

Spud..

First you say you don't want his Broke D!ck in Atlanta. 

Then you tell me to "Not go Soft On you".

Black Man Confused GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Bruh....

You're going into KG land. 

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

When we got the 3rd pick in the 2007 draft I remember Conley saying he didn’t want us to pick him, he didn’t want Atlanta.

Fast forward 15 years, we don’t want his broke d!ck either.

Didn't Chris Paul's family say the same thing before the  2005 draft?

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Diesel said:

You're going into KG land. 

Not sure if I'm honored or insulted.  Thanks ... I think?

17 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Question? Why would the Blazers and Clipps do the Norm Pow/Bled deal now instead of February 10?

I mean, obviously deals have gotten done in years past before the D day but why wouldn’t you wait? I mean unless the Blazers are gonna be super busy which might be the case.

#standpat #upgradepointifmustbutwrightisgoodtoo

They currently have no GM or actual owner.  Rudderless.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

55 minutes ago, Blunt91 said:

Didn't Chris Paul's family say the same thing before the  2005 draft?

Huh? Absolutely not. CP3 wanted to go to Atlanta, he absolutely wanted the Hawks to draft him as it was the closest place to his home. Milwaukee no, Portland (then Utah) no, and he knew he would last to #5, all the mocks had him top 4, most with him going top 3. 

I remember I wanted him or Marvin. Honestly I thought Marvin was destined to be Worthy and Cp to be Isiah Zeke, the latter came true minus the rings so far.

23 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Huh? Absolutely not. CP3 wanted to go to Atlanta, he absolutely wanted the Hawks to draft him as it was the closest place to his home. Milwaukee no, Portland (then Utah) no, and he knew he would last to #5, all the mocks had him top 4, most with him going top 3. 

I remember I wanted him or Marvin. Honestly I thought Marvin was destined to be Worthy and Cp to be Isiah Zeke, the latter came true minus the rings so far.

Chris may have wanted to come to Atlanta, but I do do remember an article where his mother stated she didn't want him to go to a bad team like the Hawks.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Blunt91 said:

Chris may have wanted to come to Atlanta, but I do do remember an article where his mother stated she didn't want him to go to a bad team like the Hawks.

I don’t pay much attention to D Rose brother or CP’s mom but didn’t see the article.

3 hours ago, Diesel said:

I thought for a moment.   Put it in the dieselputer.

What do you think about the following:

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ybvjhvaf

I don't know how to copy the graphic BUT... Here's the skinny:

Beal to Utah. 

Utah needs some help.  Beal needs a Change of Scenary.  Ingles may be done forever.   Clarkson is ready to be the full time PG in Utah.   I think they can get away with Beal at the 3. 

Conley to Atlanta

We have need for another ball handler.   Conley has age but he still provides.  He can be on the floor with Trae at the same time as another Ball handler.

Bojan/Gallo/1st round pick from Atlanta to Washington.

The party is over in Washington.   They need to consider a rebuild.   That rebuild should include:

Kuzma, Caldwell Pope, Harrell, and Dinwiddle.   If they tank now, they can get a high pick and if they have two picks in this draft, they have somebody to go with what they have.  Their calling ought to be making Kuzma their franchise player and stacking players around him.   They should be looking to move Bertans.    However, the pick makes this trade work.   They need PF and future PG. 

They need either Jabari Smith or Keegan Murray with their first pick and if they get a second lottery pick...  TyTy Washington.

Bojan?

• Premium Member
33 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Makes you think

Had no idea that McM said that. Interesting. Will make it a point now to watch last night's postgame interview.

Makes me think a couple of things.

First, what was a safe bet is an even safer bet today that none of those three are going to be traded in the next 5 days.

Second, taken with the presumption that what we were hearing 3 weeks ago had some legs, at that point that the GM becomes persuaded that this mix of players isn't going to get it done, JC and Dre will be simultaneously the most expensive players for others to acquire and the most heavily marketed in order to acquire the biggest bounty coming back... "After all," the GM will say, "I'm giving you part of my core."

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, djjob23 said:

*Ring Ring
Griffin: Hey Travis!
Schlenk: Hey David! We're interested in Josh Hart. What's the price?
Griffin: Kevin Huert... *click*... You still there... Hello... Damn.

https://www.sportstalkatl.com/hawks-and-pelicans-have-discussed-deal-surrounding-kevin-huerter-and-josh-hart/

Not interested in offering anything other than draft compensation and expirings. 

• Like 3

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, djjob23 said:

*Ring Ring

https://www.sportstalkatl.com/hawks-and-pelicans-have-discussed-deal-surrounding-kevin-huerter-and-josh-hart/

Hart's quirky deal and better defense/rebounding and playmaking is something they are interested in. I think we would be more likely to send them Bogi. Just my speculation. 

2 hours ago, djjob23 said:

*Ring Ring

Maybe construct something around Ingram.

2 hours ago, Sothron said:

Hart's quirky deal and better defense/rebounding and playmaking is something they are interested in. I think we would be more likely to send them Bogi. Just my speculation. 

Makes sense, but moving either Bogi or K'Von for Hart seems like more of a financially motivated move. To me, he seems to be a good player on a bad team and a little bit of a head case. Willie Green has been great for his play this year, but take NOP away and I'm not sure if he can embrace our team-first mentality with likely less time on the court (currently gets 33.4mpg). We already know K'Von and Bogi both are team first and care about winning. However, I do like his style of play. TS has gained my trust and I'm sure he'll take team chemistry into account. In case anyone's interested, here's some video showing his play and on/off court mindset:

Hart's 2020-21 Highlights:

A good listen about how mad he got about his new contract last offseason:

Upset Hart (not sure why) rips his his jersey just a couple weeks ago:

Hart deliberately hands Jaxson Hayes the ball to avoid recording a shot clock violation turnover:

Edited by djjob23
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1