• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Travis Schlenk: "Maybe I should lower my expectations for this team"

NineOhTheRino

Just now, Diesel said:

Wow... 

Now the peanut gallery is penalizing Nate for games that he nor his top Assistant weren't at?

Knee Jerk...

No more knee jerk than your constant references to "when we get healthy.". Face it, Hunter and Reddish are injured most of the time, as is Bogi and to some extent OO.  This team is rarely healthy, especially the wings

• Premium Member
17 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

I don't know what Reddish and Hunter will command but I don't think below is unreasonable (5/90 for Reddish and 4/80 for Hunter).  This would leave us with $7M to fill out the remaining 5 roster spots assuming Bogi opts out to get paid elsewhere (Bogi opting in would be very painful).  Vet mins in 2023 will be ~$1.8M, so as is, we would be in the tax and have only 13 roster slots and 5 guys on vet mins.  Again, this deserves a lot of scrutiny but unless Ressler is willing to go a bit into the tax for at least 1-2 years (until new TV deal hits) we will likely not be able to retain Cam and De'Andre.  If Schlenk truly believes in them he could offer early extensions at hopefully discounted prices but I don't really know where his head is at.

image.png

Schlenk and Ressler both said they anticipate being a tax team next season. If you're trying to be 'AVOID TAX AT ALL COST TEAM' we won't be contending, just another middling team.

The question is how far over the tax are the willing to go and going beyond next season how they handle the repeater tax.

I'll worry about that bridge when we get there.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

I'm starting to believe that we got to be the dumbest fan base in the league.   Honestly..

JC - #2 scorer.

Bogi - #3 scorer.

Cam - #3b scorer...

All out.

Gallo was starting.   Mays is playing from the G-League.   We have been forced to play TLC this season.  Lance Stephenson was a hawk and he played minutes. 

So based on what we have done with this situation... Everybody is jumping out the window and calling for trades for a team that was 2 wins away from the finals last year. 

Why is it dumb?

What about continuity?

What about talent level?

Oh I forgot, the coach and the top assistant were out too. 

And this is what we want to base decisions to make a trade on...?

I haven't even mentioned Hunter...our second best defender has been out for several weeks.  Some of you would have been in GS trying to trade away Steph when Klay went down.  At least Green.  I mean, they looked bad. But look at them now. 

Patience. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

It was directly to you, it was to that trade offer. With Bogi,

Ya I know I was just… ya

7 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

We can't just get rotation bench vets like Thad Young.

That was @mrhonline but I still do like Thad and Forbes solves a lot of BU PG issues with vet pop type professionalism and hustle. I’ll take that. We need that.

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Watchman said:

No more knee jerk than your constant references to "when we get healthy.". Face it, Hunter and Reddish are injured most of the time, as is Bogi and to some extent OO.  This team is rarely healthy, especially the wings

Are their injuries Chronic??  

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

If this was a 1 time thing I would blow it off and not feel bad about it.  But it's clearly a culture problem when it comes to our defense.  We've had different guys in and out over the past month but we've still gotten absolutely cooked.  All of the games below teams scored 130+ against us

• Eric Gordon scored 32 on 16 shots and we gave up 130+
  • Bones Hyland, Monte Morris, and Jeff Green looked like all-stars against us and we gave up 130+
  • Both Bulls games we gave up 130+
  • Anfernee Simons looked like Steph Curry and we gave up 130+

I'm sure I'm missing more since I feel like once a week some bum destroys us but I remember these specifically.  We're also still on an 8 game home losing streak and I've been to every single one of them.  Nothing but pain.  I usually try to stay positive but they're making it tough for me when I haven't seen us win in a month and a half!

So you're including games when our starting lineup was 

Trae, chaundee, Cam, Skylar, and Clint... and Malcolm Hill played 29 minutes?  and Cameron Oliver played 18 minutes??  That's Chicago Game 1. 

Malcolm and Cameron had never practiced with the team.. nor did they know their way to the lockerroom... and this is part of your argument?

GTFOH.

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, Diesel said:

JC - #2 scorer.

Bogi - #3 scorer.

Cam - #3b scorer...

All out.

Im with you on this 100%.   They  are #2,3,4 best players on the team.   Take that away from any team and they will suck. 

Folks act like the other teams don't have talent and aren't also trying their hardest to win.    If Cam is guarding Simons last night we aren't having 30 pages of 'this team sucks' and the gm crying on the radio'.   

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Watchman said:

I would say missing more games than you've played could certainly be seen as chronic.

And you're no doctor.  Obviously. 

There's nothing reoccuring about any of those injuries so there's no need to think that because they were injured that means that they won't play. 

Hell, Jordan missed 64 games in 1985...  Maybe the Bulls should have given up on Him. 

Nique missed 40 games in 1991 and 11 games in 1992.  It was definitely time to move him right?

Great logic Watchman...

13 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I'm starting to believe that we got to be the dumbest fan base in the league.   Honestly..

JC - #2 scorer.

Bogi - #3 scorer.

Cam - #3b scorer...

All out.

Gallo was starting.   Mays is playing from the G-League.   We have been forced to play TLC this season.  Lance Stephenson was a hawk and he played minutes. 

So based on what we have done with this situation... Everybody is jumping out the window and calling for trades for a team that was 2 wins away from the finals last year. 

Why is it dumb?

What about continuity?

What about talent level?

Oh I forgot, the coach and the top assistant were out too. 

And this is what we want to base decisions to make a trade on...?

I haven't even mentioned Hunter...our second best defender has been out for several weeks.  Some of you would have been in GS trying to trade away Steph when Klay went down.  At least Green.  I mean, they looked bad. But look at them now. 

Patience. 

I'm a JC supporter, but he's nowhere near a #2 scorer.  He proved that on Christmas day, when he struggled mightily for most of the game, before getting his numbers in the 4th quarter.

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

LP used to talk about making offenses feel us on D. Like we play too bitchmade. Look at NY or PHI. They are in your chest. They put pressure on you in many ways. Us, we play defense like bitches outside of Hunter. With Clint plays like a bitch if it's not help side shit. JC still is soft. Gallo, Charmin. Cam attention span is bad. Kev is food on the perimeter if he has to guard decent scorers. Trae literally the RS WOAT defensively. So much is wrong with this squad, the talent is there but we are still figuring shit out. 

These players aren't physical players outside of Hunter and OO.  That won't change.  We can only work with it or get knew players.

• Like 1

The thing is, we take pride in the Knicks game defensively, we really did a good job in isolation but after giving up offensive rebounds, we were horrible. Late on rotations, too many open 3s. It was garbage. Even though we made them feel us, we only maintain it for a short while. We gotta figure out how to be consistent defensively. 

2 minutes ago, Diesel said:

So you're including games when our starting lineup was 

Trae, chaundee, Cam, Skylar, and Clint... and Malcolm Hill played 29 minutes?  and Cameron Oliver played 18 minutes??  That's Chicago Game 1. 

Malcolm and Cameron had never practiced with the team.. nor did they know their way to the lockerroom... and this is part of your argument?

GTFOH.

Chaundee is better than TLC.  Malcolm Hill is better than Lou. We played better with G-Leaguers than with roster players.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

The thing is, we take pride in the Knicks game defensively, we really did a good job in isolation but after giving up offensive rebounds, we were horrible. Late on rotations, too many open 3s. It was garbage. Even though we made them feel us, we only maintain it for a short while. We gotta figure out how to be consistent defensively

:good:

1 minute ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I'm a JC supporter, but he's nowhere near a #2 scorer.  He proved that on Christmas day, when he struggled mightily for most of the game, before getting his numbers in the 4th quarter.

JC is a #3. He's effective and efficient but he's not capable as he just doesn't create his own shot well. 

Cam is our #2 but he's a better shooting more streaky 3rd year PG24 without the discipline and defensive consistency. 

I can't wait for Dre to come back. 

1 minute ago, Watchman said:

Chaundee is better than TLC.  Malcolm Hill is better than Lou. We played better with G-Leaguers than with roster players.

Those guys are hungry and aren't washed. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

The thing is, we take pride in the Knicks game defensively, we really did a good job in isolation but after giving up offensive rebounds, we were horrible. Late on rotations, too many open 3s. It was garbage. Even though we made them feel us, we only maintain it for a short while. We gotta figure out how to be consistent defensively. 

I will say this..  We celebrated being more consistent defensively moving from LP to Nate last year.   I think that consistency came with playing guys like Snell and Solo.   We joke about their ineffectiveness on the floor but they do bring something. 

I don't know where you find that vet voice that can help the defense.  I thought yesterday about Patrick Beverley... but I don't know. 

Off topic:

I hate gambling.  Bet MGM is giving me the option of taking $2K right now on a 7-team parlay . . or I can see if I can win my final 2 games to get $11K.  They'll offer cash out options, if you're getting close to winning it all.  And that amount could rise or lower, depending on what is going on in the game.

If LSU finds some offense in the 2nd half, I'm going to lose it all.   But I could take the $2K right now.

Alexa What Should I Do GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

What you say, blue haired lady?

Dont Stop Keep Going GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

OK  . . . smh.

If it rises to $5K, I'll cash out

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, Watchman said:

It's still G-Leaguers (some who couldn't hit free throws) playing big minutes... and this was what the argument is based on... Really???  Really???  And you're still trying to justify it???