Travis Schlenk: "Maybe I should lower my expectations for this team"

NineOhTheRino

39 minutes ago, h4wkfan said:

I’d gladly flip Gallo + for Harrison Barnes. For the cost, Barnes > Simmons imo. 

Uh in what world is this true. On the basketball court Simmons is still a very valuable player from his defense and playmaking alone. 

I'd take Simmons 100 out of 100 times.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

I don't know how people can say "we only lost because random scrub had a career game" when this is happening like EVERY GAME. This team needs to make a fundamental commitment to play defense in halfcourt, transition and in boxing out people to stop offensive rebounds. We all know this team has been hurt all season with injuries and covid. But whoever is on the court has to raise their defensive effort and energy.

We're almost to the mid way point of the season and as our GM said its a broken record. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Uh in what world is this true. On the basketball court Simmons is still a very valuable player from his defense and playmaking alone. 

I'd take Simmons 100 out of 100 times.

The cost to acquire. I don’t like Simmons fit with the team either. So to gut our team + future drafts for him? I’ll pass. 

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I don't know how people can say "we only lost because random scrub had a career game" when this is happening like EVERY GAME. This team needs to make a fundamental commitment to play defense in halfcourt, transition and in boxing out people to stop offensive rebounds. We all know this team has been hurt all season with injuries and covid. But whoever is on the court has to raise their defensive effort and energy.

We're almost to the mid way point of the season and as our GM said its a broken record. 

We can say it because a random scrub had a career game. 

Every game though??  First subtract the games where we played zone because we were forced to play 10 dayers...  Now with what's left, tell me specifically about random scrubs having career games.   The Hyperboyle here is thick and unproductive.

34 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Getting D. Hunter back will be huge. I also think OO is a better overall defender than CC, and should be getting more minutes. CC just looks a step slow this year.

50 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

You all know how I feel about Cam. That said, if you can get Bradley Beal for Cam and Gallo, you do it. 

Bradley Beal….is this a new rumor with actual legs or just something you throwing out there???

hell toss in hunter and Bogi too with a few picks!…if we can get Beal to pair with Trae you do whatever it takes. 

If we landed Beal in a trade I would look for expiring contracts to put around them and just rough it out the rest of the way then rebuild via free agency around those two. Wishful thinking but that would be my approach because after getting Beal in any trade the team would like be bare…

7 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Around the Edges trade if we want to keep the core:

Gallo, Lou and OKC 1st back to OKC (Thunder release Lou)

Favors and Muscala to Atlanta

Dieng to Minny for Okogie.

Yuck …got anything else around the edge?

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, JTB said:

Bradley Beal….is this a new rumor with actual legs or just something you throwing out there???

hell toss in hunter and Bogi too with a few picks!…if we can get Beal to pair with Trae you do whatever it takes. 

If we landed Beal in a trade I would look for expiring contracts to put around them and just rough it out the rest of the way then rebuild via free agency around those two. Wishful thinking but that would be my approach because after getting Beal in any trade the team would like be bare…

Yuck …got anything else around the edge?

Not a rumor. Beal is not available. 

• Thanks 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

You all know how I feel about Cam. That said, if you can get Bradley Beal for Cam and Gallo, you do it. 

26 minutes ago, JTB said:

11 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Not a rumor. Beal is not available. 

That^....and Beal has a player option for next season which he is most likely to decline making him a FA.

10 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Yall think the defense bad now.....

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

just when you thought our defense couldn't get any worse.....

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

So of course I lost.  LSU couldn't stop K-State for nothing.  And K-State let LSU get a charity TD at the end.  If I knew about all of those LSU players, I'd be $10K richer.  Had to settle for $1K.  

I’d say why didn’t you stay but I’m not a Monday morning quarterback and hell, life is a gamble, I believe my gf took a gamble on me and JACKPOT 🎰 :dance:She got herself a committed a$$ Hawks fan which I’m sure makes her very happy. :indifferent:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Did Sam Amick tweet that Schlenk has thrown out gallo and cam to teams? And that the hawks are going to be active near trade deadline?

I saw it on a social media page but didn’t seem realistic but starting to see it pop up on a few other hawk content I follow