• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Travis Schlenk: "Maybe I should lower my expectations for this team"

NineOhTheRino

1 minute ago, Sothron said:

I won't go into details but to back up what @NBASupes is reporting my Hawks source has said we are serious about trading. My guy said that Schlenk has already done the private come to Jesus talks with certain players and it didn't work. So now he's serious about trading.

Well can't be too many players because most have been out the past couple of weeks.  Maybe he's referencing Gallo and the other mid (low value) vets? 

Thinking he can't be too upset with Hunter and Cam.  Hunter is injured.  Cam has shown massive improvement with increase in playing time, but that coincides with increasing his trade value so it is a double edged sword.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
14 minutes ago, JTB said:

Did Sam Amick tweet that Schlenk has thrown out gallo and cam to teams? And that the hawks are going to be active near trade deadline?

I saw it on a social media page but didn’t seem realistic but starting to see it pop up on a few other hawk content I follow 

Hurting Hawks

Speaking of teams that are motivated to make a move or two, we present the Atlanta Hawks. This is nothing like the we’ll-talk-about-anything approach of a team like the Kings, nor should it be. Atlanta’s unexpected run to the Eastern Conference finals last season validated the choice of general manager Travis Schlenk to build around Trae Young and John Collins (both of whom signed long-term deals in August).

But there’s a fine line between roster depth and roster dilution, and sources say the Hawks — well aware that their rotations are a bit crowded when fully healthy — are on the lookout for a one-for-two type of deal for an impact player. Veteran forward Danilo Gallinari (just $5 million of his $21.4 million guaranteed on his deal for next season) and third-year small forward Cam Reddish, it seems, are the most likely candidates to be headed out. The urgency is likely on the rise, as this Hawks team that was fifth in the East last season before its playoff run has now fallen to 12th (16-20; 27th in defensive rating).

https://theathletic.com/3052221/2022/01/05/nba-trade-talk-russell-westbrooks-awkward-lakers-fit-the-hurting-hawks-and-more-sam-amicks-nba-notebook/

• Like 1

14 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

One team of 30 wins every year, what's new. :laugh1:

Since 1968, the year the Hawks bounced to Atlanta from Mound City, 18 DIFFERENT teams have won a chip, which is 60 percent of the league.  Guess who in that 40 percent group?

Michael Jordan Laugh GIFs | Tenor

Edited by Hawkmoor

• Moderators

The thing about Cam is he has amazing physical tools on both sides of the court.   But what we've seen, granted in small samples, is that on open threes with his feet set he is lights out.   When he becomes a  more disciplined player he has to potential to be one of the best shooters in the league in addition to being an excellent defender and finisher at the rim.   Even if the last one doesn't happen.  He could be the best 3&D guy in the NBA.

Nothing i've seen from him has me ready to give up after 100 games.   

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Wouldn't that be Zeek and he won a couple? 

Isiah Thomas was a great player, but he ain't in Iverson's league when it comes to scoring.  Do the math on their career scoring averages.  Iverson was a one man show and won a league MVP.  Isiah won those chips because he had HELP.

The BEST SCORING GUARD EVER:

And he even crossed up Michael Jordan. | Allen iverson, Basketball,  Basketball fans

WiffleGif has the awesome gifs on the internets. allen iverson basketball  gifs, reaction gifs, cat gifs, and so m… | Basketball moves, Basketball,  Basketball videos

WITH THE ORIGINAL SHIMMY:

Allen Iverson GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Edited by Hawkmoor
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Hawkmoor said:

Isiah Thompson was a great player, but he ain't in Iverson's league when it comes to scoring.  Do the math on their career scoring averages.  Iverson was a one man show and won a league MVP.  Isiah won those chips because he had HELP.

And he even crossed up Michael Jordan. | Allen iverson, Basketball,  Basketball fans

WiffleGif has the awesome gifs on the internets. allen iverson basketball  gifs, reaction gifs, cat gifs, and so m… | Basketball moves, Basketball,  Basketball videos

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/3092387/iverson2.gif

Oh Philly boy I thought Mav guy, ok I know who this is lol. 

1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

Oh Philly boy I thought Mav guy, ok I know who this is lol. 

Any knowledgeable basketball fan is aware that Trae Young needs help.  Does that diminish Trae Young? Nope.  Folks can't complain that Trae needs help, but fight back against the fact that he NEEDS a big time superstar on that team to help him.  You can't have it both ways.  Lebron couldn't do it by himself.  Curry. Jordan. Bird. Magic. NOBODY.

7 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

Isiah Thomas was a great player, but he ain't in Iverson's league when it comes to scoring.  Do the math on their career scoring averages.  Iverson was a one man show and won a league MVP.  Isiah won those chips because he had HELP.

That's not what you originally said. You said the best small guard ever.  When you look at Zeek's scoring facilitating and defense (which wasn't all that, but was better than Iverson), he is probably considered the best small guard.

Now I don't know about these guards before the 80's...lol

Edit: Trae's prototype is closer to Zeek than Iverson if you ask me.  Iverson was not the facilitator Trae is.  Trae is a better scorer than Zeek.  Dude's just generational. 

Edited by marco102
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, marco102 said:

That's not what you originally said. You said the best small guard ever.  When you look at Zeek's scoring facilitating and defense (which wasn't all that, but was better than Iverson), he is probably considered the best small guard.

Now I don't know about these guards before the 80's...lol

Edit: Trae's prototype is closer to Zeek than Iverson if you ask me.  Iverson was not the facilitator Trae is.  Trae is a better scorer than Zeek.  Dude's just generational. 

Heck, I meant to keep saying small guard.  Its questionable about being the best scoring guard ever because of Kobe and Jordan. Good catch on me saying that.  As far as Trae goes, his mentality is more Iverson than Isiah because Isiah was more a facilitator FIRST and scorer second.  Thomas COULD have scored more than 19 points a game, but that wasn't his style.

Isiah Thomas to Dennis Rodman – February 28, 1989More 80s &... on Make a GIF

215863 pheobe briea GIF - Find on GIFER

Edited by Hawkmoor

• Moderators
26 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

AI is the best scoring guard ever?  Are you hosting standup right now?

Allen Iverson --------FGA/GM - FG% ------------------------- TS%

image.pngimage.png

I will throw down with anyone who thinks taking the most FGA = best scorer.

42.5% FG%

51.8% TS%

Best scoring guard ever?!?  :gtfo:

Trae's career average TS% is .576% and that is with big weight on his dismal first half of his rookie season (basically 1/7 of Trae's total career).

57.6% >>>>>> 51.8%

Trae's career high is 29.6 points on 20.8 FGA

Iverson's career high is 31.4 points on 27.8 FGA

Soooo that is an extra 1.8 points on an extra 7 shots.  Wow.  So impressive.

Trae >> Iverson as a scorer.  (Obviously, Trae >>>>>>>>>>> Iverson as a passer/facilitator)

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Sothron said:

I won't go into details but to back up what @NBASupes is reporting my Hawks source has said we are serious about trading. My guy said that Schlenk has already done the private come to Jesus talks with certain players and it didn't work. So now he's serious about trading.

I had no clue you had a source…so you @NBASupes @thecampster

what y’all hearing ! what’s up? Are the details too sensitive to share at the time and damn Schlenk bold like that! He a real G if he took the time to have “the talk” with certain players.

Edited by JTB