• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Lakers at Hawks (1 PM Tip!)

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

I've been seriously under the weather today but glad to see the boys won based on the stats

Hope you feel better soon.

Just now, NBASupes said:

Just curious, did Monk play as good as the stats say?

yes, he was hitting everything like he usually does but his passing and overall game was........ unexpected.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

So why Gallo?  What did he contribute?  Both Gallo and Bogi were +2  John was +10.  Ok never mind

Gallo was in for his normal rotational minutes at the end of the 3rd and into the 4th.  He was on the floor during the comeback, why would Nate take him out if the collective group was playing well? 

• Premium Member

I do agree they should have taken Gallo out for JC. JC was straight cash money in this game. But we won so whatever magic dust Nate saw on that lineup is fine with me. It worked. 

And to answer @NBASupes Monk was insane in the game. Almost every shot he put up went in. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Just curious why JC is getting blame? He had a +10 and a 20/10 against a returning AD

I didn't see blame, he played great. Looked as aggressive as he did against Boston and was decisive with the ball.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, benhillboy said:

I’m certainly no expert on Covid, but anyone have an idea why the rash of positives for the NBA has seemingly come to a halt?  I’m so pissed it delayed the chemistry we see now for a couple weeks.

This is how it always is.  It happens with the flu or a cold or anything else viral.

After you get it, and recover, it's not like you can get it right back.

Over the past 2 years, COVID seems to surge 3 times a year.  The same thing happened in the NBA last season, with players missing time during the peak in January and early Feb, but was OK the rest of the season.

If you just go by reported cases, this round of COVID was 7x more contagious than the previous one, which is why it damn near wiped out the league for a 3 - 4 week period.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
15 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Yeah peoria but there's a reason for that.   Right now, we are playing well.   You want to pick apart a victory.   A victory where everybody agrees that Nate made the correct coaching calls.  This shit doesn't matter.  I guess the point is that anybody can find something to nitpick about. 

Did I nic pick the last game? No. I'm just tired of the d-mb turnovers and the 4th quarter hero ball. That's all. Run a freaking offense in the 4th please

• Premium Member
25 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Just curious, did Monk play as good as the stats say?

Scoring wise, he got some easy looks early to build his confidence. That eventually led to him hitting a lot tough shots late in the game. He was definitely frustrating us. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
27 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Just curious why JC is getting blame? He had a +10 and a 20/10 against a returning AD

No blame but Peo is concerned he didn't get any shots for '16 minutes ' to end the game which wasn't true.  I explained that he got 3 shots attempts for his 3rd quarter stint.....he then went to the bench late in the 3rd and returned with about 4 minutes left in the 4th, by then it was the OO show. 

• Like 2