• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hunter is becoming Marv

Spud2nique

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

@Sothron @NBASupes @thecampster

Anyword on a possible Hunter early extension? 

I think it's more likely they let him hit RFACy unless of course a great deal.

They should sign him before the season. If he blows up next season, he might be an all star for another team who can afford him.

I don't mind grant on the Hawks if the right trades are made and pairing him with Hunter.   I could see him being a 4 on the right team with Hunter as the SF.   You could so something like   16 and maybe Huerter or Bogi for grant.

Leaving you with

PG - Trae
SG - ?
SF - Hunter
PF - Grant
C - Capela or Onyeka

Then you trade Collins + whatever else assets you have to upgrade at SG going after maybe a OG or Simmons a elite defender and good playmaker next to trae.   That would be a very very good defensive group around Trae and guys who could still score. 

But to me i would need to make a sure fire trade to get a really good SG here before i would make the move on from collins.

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

They should sign him before the season. If he blows up next season, he might be an all star for another team who can afford him.

If he blows up next season, good for the Hawks and there is no reason for the Hawks to not resign him

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
37 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

What would you offer if you were Schlenk? I'm sure they'll have talks.

58 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

@Sothron @NBASupes @thecampster

Anyword on a possible Hunter early extension? 

I think it's more likely they let him hit RFACy unless of course a great deal.

Last I checked on this, they wanted to sign him to an extension but they said they want to sign both him and Cam to an extension and Cam is now in New York so I need to know if that's still the plan or is it just one of the plans. 

1 minute ago, AHF said:

Grant is a downgrade from JC, imo.  I just can't see the fit given the role Grant wants to play, his clear need to play a supporting role rather than lead role, and his outsized contract demands.  This seems like an easy pass situation to me.

I was checking with PTL fans and it was no different. No one wanted Grant. 55/45 wanted JC for 7. They wanted Grant for two 2nd rounders but a top 10, they found hilarious. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member

The last I heard about Hunter was both Hunter and the Hawks want to view next season as a "show me" season. If he's not traded in the offseason, which I have to add is a possibility, then both sides want to see what a healthy Hunter can do and then get paid accordingly. 

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, AHF said:

Grant is a downgrade from JC, imo.  I just can't see the fit given the role Grant wants to play, his clear need to play a supporting role rather than lead role, and his outsized contract demands.  This seems like an easy pass situation to me.

I actually view Grant as a small downgrade from JC as well.  My mindset was Grant was a very good backup option to add to the team without a massive drop off from Collins.  If we needed Collins to use for a bigger trade for a much better SG to add to the team.   If we could add a star SG without having to give up Collins then im all for skipping on Grant and keeping Collins.  Im just not sure how easy that would be to do 🙂

Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

Let me repeat....4rpg to go along with Hunter's 3rpg......we're gonna get killed on the boards.

Then let me also repeat myself as well for you.  This move would only be done if we get a guy like Simmons who can give you 8 RBG from the SG position by trading Collins for him.   Collins would not be moved for Grant unless other things to fix the problem were done 1st like i already said.

Edited by Threezus

• Premium Member
On 6/8/2022 at 2:28 PM, NBASupes said:

I was checking with PTL fans and it was no different. No one wanted Grant. 55/45 wanted JC for 7. They wanted Grant for two 2nd rounders but a top 10, they found hilarious. 

Except our fan base who continues to devalue its own players

• Premium Member

Hunter's only question mark is health. If he is healthy I'm confident he'll average around 18ppg next season easy.

This offseason is key, if he comes back with a reliable handle and a fade-away J(his release point is so high that it would be almost impossible to block) I can see the team running all the actions they had for Gallo for him.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, aali34 said:

Hunter's only question mark is health. If he is healthy I'm confident he'll average around 18ppg next season easy.

This offseason is key, if he comes back with a reliable handle and a fade-away J(his release point is so high that it would be almost impossible to block) I can see the team running all the actions they had for Gallo for him.

if he blows up, he'll get the max from somebody...Team already like him as is.

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

if he blows up, he'll get the max from somebody...Team already like him as is.

Probably gonna be a JC situation where all the teams didn't bother giving him an offer because they were convinced the Hawks were gonna match.