• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hunter is becoming Marv

Spud2nique

• Moderators
7 hours ago, Atlantaholic said:

Yea, but, let's hold off on that expectation until we see him at least string a couple of games like this together. 

I don't expect it but I cross my fingers and hope for it.

• Like 1

On 3/6/2022 at 6:21 AM, Final_quest said:

I felt like that was Cam’s Orlando game.  It was against the G league players that Orlando could hobble together, and folks acted like Cam just announced his superstar status to the league.  

I believe Hunter can become a solid starter.  I saw what he did last season.  Hoping he regains that.  

@marco102 Where is the agenda?  I gave Hunter plenty of chances.  Earlier in this thread, I said he was playing well before the Oubre hit and bad afterwards.  No one supported that view.  Here I am saying I believe he can still become a starter.  

By the end of the year I began to lose hope in Hunter, but I have continued to hold a little faith. 

Cam is a different story.  I have no faith or trust in that guy.  Glad he's gone.  Glad we got a pick.  Glad he's someone else's "asset" to develop.  

• 1 month later...
  • Premium Member
On 3/4/2022 at 10:41 PM, Peoriabird said:

Hunter's defense will always make him relevant.  Heck every team tries to get him off their best scorer by running multiple pick and rolls with either Trae's man,  Huerter's man or Bogi's man.  Tatum was struggling against Hunter which caused Boston to start running picks to get a better match up and when they did get that better match up, he went off.  Derozen could do anything against Hunter.

Found this interesting nugget. Not sure how they came up with it but I like it.

• Thanks 4

8 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Found this interesting nugget. Not sure how they came up with it but I like it.

This is why the Grant love is bothersome to me. Hunter can guard 1, 2, and 3s as well as big wings. Grant can guard big wings and 4s. That's a massive issue when you playing with guys like Trae Young. 

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

This is why the Grant love is bothersome to me. Hunter can guard 1, 2, and 3s as well as big wings. Grant can guard big wings and 4s. That's a massive issue when you playing with guys like Trae Young. 

Who's loving Grant on the Squawk?

1. He has an expiring contract 

2. Looking for a hefty pay raise.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I tried to check and make sure I didn’t miss anything. Does acquiring Grant mean losing Dre?

Asking because having both on the court provide a ton of switchability and defensive pressure. Add a Delon at the point of attack on defense and any of our top bigs at Center (CC, OO, JC) and you have a very good defensive unit in spite of Trae’s presence. The JC lineup gives you four shooters as well. 

As long as its not an either-or scenario with them, I have no qualms between Dre and Grant. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
44 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Grant's going to PTL. 

We may facilitate the trade.  Better we get something now than we trade for him and watch him walk to PTL next year.

I'm believing the Bogi to Detroit, Grant to PTL, Bledsoe/#7 to us.

I believe PTL already knows that they can extend him and he's a good fit with Lillard and Simons. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Dre still has a lot to prove. I love the stat about him defending the toughest players each night. I know he gets tired of those screens, especially the ones where they are kneeing him in his legs, but his effectiveness is still not where it needs to be. We need to have a better defensive scheme around him. It seems like we just say put Dre on the best player and if he gets past Dre, Clint will clean it up. That’s not fair to either one of those guys. On the other hand Dre has to play with more effort and purpose and learn how to use his fouls. Needs to play the same way on offense too. He seems to walk around on offense and drift to the corner on every play that is not specifically called for him. He should be more active cutting to the basket, setting hard screens and rolling off them demanding the ball and most importantly crashing the glass after every shot goes up including his own. The only way this team gets into championship contention is if he does those things and the rest of the team holds up their end of the bargain. 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

I tried to check and make sure I didn’t miss anything. Does acquiring Grant mean losing Dre?

Asking because having both on the court provide a ton of switchability and defensive pressure. Add a Delon at the point of attack on defense and any of our top bigs at Center (CC, OO, JC) and you have a very good defensive unit in spite of Trae’s presence. The JC lineup gives you four shooters as well. 

As long as its not an either-or scenario with them, I have no qualms between Dre and Grant. 

Not quite, but i dont know what it means. I guess it depends on the price. If he cost 16 + Bogi. I don't know if it really means anything. 

19 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Grant's going to PTL. 

We may facilitate the trade.  Better we get something now than we trade for him and watch him walk to PTL next year.

I'm believing the Bogi to Detroit, Grant to PTL, Bledsoe/#7 to us.

I believe PTL already knows that they can extend him and he's a good fit with Lillard and Simons. 

Bogi isn't gonna appeal to DET over 7th overall. Not even close.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Not quite, but i dont know what it means. I guess it depends on the price. If he cost 16 + Bogi. I don't know if it really means anything

This only makes sense if he signs an extension to his current contract for at least 2 years (that way he can hit the FA market when the cap is expected to spike in 2 years). Trading #16 for an expiring player that can walk away free is asset wasting.

10 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Bogi isn't gonna appeal to DET over 7th overall. Not even close

:good:

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I am. Would much rather have Grant at the 4 than JC, especially defensively. But also is a better fit alongside Trae offensively. 

Love JC the person but he's just too limited defensively and offensively to be a great fit around Trae. The NBA now is about guarding the perimeter 1 thru 4 at the least, preferably 1 thru 5. He can't do that, and he's not stout, long, or instinctive enough for a small ball 5. And he can't create on offense. 

He needs to go somewhere that will be able to take advantage of the good skills he does have, instead of stifling his offensive game to accommodate a 5 like CC. 

Similar reasons to why I wanted us to trade for Aaron Gordon last offseason. 

• Premium Member
9 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Bogi isn't gonna appeal to DET over 7th overall. Not even close.

With #5 in hand and a load of young players already...  I disagree.   Moreover, I don't think Detroit would take Bledsoe and #7... bcause that's what you're really saying...

You're saying a team with 

Cade Cunningham, Killian Hayes, Cory Joseph, Frank Jackson, Carsen Edwards, Saben Lee  all under contract for next year is going to up and take Bledsoe.. because that's what we're willing to take over Bogi??  you make me smile with that one Supes...

Slow Smile GIFs | Tenor