• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Bulls

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Not that bad will keep us out of the play-in if we keep this up.

I agree.. if we keep making mistakes... yes.  But if we reconcile those mistakes and if we can get JC back... we can still run a little bit of the table because we're not that bad.  Between now and Saturday, ther will be 1000 the sky is falling posts on Hawksquawk.  We will see the return of Bonkers and Terrell will be posting his negativity. Hell Hots will probably make an appearance. 

Whereas I was upset how we ended the game, I know that that's fixable.   What can't be fixed if if we didn't have the talent to play with a team like Chicago being down two players.   

9 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

WTF?  He came down 3 straight possessions and jacked up bad shots when the game was on the line.  What kind up glasses do you wear in the 4th?

See....this is exactly what I'm talking about. Trae took one shot in the last 2 min and only 2 shots in the last 6 of the game. And one was a layup.

But you just make crap up to try to prove some point.

Edited by REHawksFan
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

108-105 with 1:59 left. Zero points the rest of the way. Call an actual play Nate....playing prevent offense by having Trae pound the ball leaves no margin for error. Run the plays that got you the lead.

Why did we not run the play that worked all night? Trae looked a step slow all night, feed Gallo. 

• Premium Member
15 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I'm not down on the Hawks.... Like I want to be..

1.  No JC.

2.  No Dre in the 2nd half....

3.  Missed a ton of FTs...

4. Trae had a off night scoring....

and we still had a chance to win it down the stretch...

That suggests that our defense played good.. and other guys stepped up.

Shout out to Bogi, Gallo, OO, and Clint... Great game fellas.   We really need JC back... He balances our team....

You're squinting hard for a silver lining.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I don't think Trae needs anybody to cape up for him on this game.   This game was on him...  He missed FTs... He missed shots.  He misplayed the end of the game.   He doesn't get a pass on that.  However, he did contribute to what we were doing to stay in the game.   FTs means that somebody fouled.   IN the 2nd Qtr, we couldn't buy a foul.. Chicago got us in the penalty.   That changed in the 4th.   But still if he's our allstar.. we have to demand more.  He gave us a Matt Maloney effort tonight.   

But other guys stepped up and they should be encouraged to continue that because we're going to need it...

34 minutes ago, Marvin24Williams said:

Trae come on man. Just awful basketball from him.

Trae gonna Trae..

But he'll learn from this and be better when he's around 30 or so if we're lucky.........

Edited by terrell

• Premium Member
14 minutes ago, SalvorMallow said:

You're squinting hard for a silver lining.

See the source image

You see the silver lining too... You just don't want to admit it while you're mad.... I've already processed all that and moved on to acceptance.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I don't think Trae needs anybody to cape up for him on this game.   This game was on him...  He missed FTs... He missed shots.  He misplayed the end of the game.   He doesn't get a pass on that.  However, he did contribute to what we were doing to stay in the game.   FTs means that somebody fouled.   IN the 2nd Qtr, we couldn't buy a foul.. Chicago got us in the penalty.   That changed in the 4th.   But still if he's our allstar.. we have to demand more.  He gave us a Matt Maloney effort tonight.   

But other guys stepped up and they should be encouraged to continue that because we're going to need it...

His shot was clearly off and I fault him for the long 3 when up 108-105, but otherwise, where's the complaint? He deferred at the very end to Bogi when down 3. He ran the offense all night and racked up assists. I also thought he showed effort defensively. His shot was off. It happens. 

Some of these folks just like to pile on everytime he shoots it poorly. But to his credit, he wasn't shooting a ton of shots. 3rd most on the team and WELL below his avg attempts. 

Edited by REHawksFan
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

See....thus is exactly what I'm talking about. Trae took one shot in the last 2 min and only 2 shots in the last 6 of the game. And one was a layup.

But you juat make crap up to try to prove some point.

2:17

Trae Young misses two point shot 105 - 105  
2:15 Clint Capela offensive rebound 105 - 105  
2:15 Clint Capela makes dunk 107 - 105  
1:59 Zach LaVine misses driving layup 107 - 105  
1:59 Hawks defensive team rebound 107 - 105  
1:59 Nikola Vucevic loose ball foul 107 - 105  
1:59 Danilo Gallinari misses free throw 1 of 2 107 - 105  
1:59 Hawks offensive team rebound 107 - 105  
1:59 Danilo Gallinari makes free throw 2 of 2 108 - 105  
1:35 Ayo Dosunmu misses driving floating jump shot 108 - 105  
1:34 Ayo Dosunmu offensive rebound 108 - 105  
1:34 Ayo Dosunmu misses tip shot 108 - 105  
1:34 Hawks defensive team rebound 108 - 105  
1:34 Hawks Coach's Challenge 108 - 105  
1:34 (01:34) [Hawks] COACH'S CHALLENGE (CALL OVERTURNED) [Hawks] retain their timeout 108 - 105  
1:10 Trae Young misses 27-foot step back jumpshot 108 - 105  
1:08 Danilo Gallinari offensive rebound 108 - 105  
58.0 Bogdan Bogdanovic misses 26-foot three point jumper 108 - 105  
58.0 Hawks offensive team rebound 108 - 105  

shot clock turnover

You are right...Young just booged the offense down by over dribbling and running the shot clock down to create a bad shot for himself and teammates

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, Diesel said:

• Like 3

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, REHawksFan said:

His shot was clearly off and I fault him for the long 3 when up 108-105, but otherwise, where's the complaint? He deferred at the very end to Bogi when down 3. He ran the offense all night and ranked up assists. I also thought he showed effort defensively. His shot was off. It happens. 

Some of these folks just like to pile on everytime he shoots it poorly. But to his credit, he wasn't shooting a ton of shots. 3rd most on the team and WELL below his avg attempts. 

Gallo might have been 100% in the 4th. Literally just pass him the ball. It wasn't hard.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Stop it.. We win this game with any  decent pg with a brain..