• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The cobbled together, stuff we held on to during the playoffs mega super rumor and team direction thread.

thecampster

Regardless of who people on here like or dislike, one thing is certain, we will not be running it back with the same squad next season. Get used to the idea of multiple of your favorite players going elsewhere and being replaced with more expensive yet imperfect players. Any player that we can get our hands on is coming with flaws, as no perfect player exists. The closest there are to perfect players are not available or thinking about Atlanta.

It’s all a crap shoot, but the mission is clear. We cannot sit back and wait for things to happen on their own. We have to be aggressive and make moves/spend money if we want to attain real talent that could get us over the hump.

The goal is championship. We are going to roll the dice on some guys you may not love, in lieu of guys that make you feel comfortable.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Threezus said:

To me any lineup that has Trae and Huerter starting next to each other is a fail from the get go.  We would be dumb not to upgrade the SG position this offseason.  That is by far the biggest weakness and flaw on this team and to me it's not even close.   It's the weakest position on the team from a defensive point from starter to backup.  Then even worse it's also the one position that both guys can go cold for a month stretch on a routine basis and you get maybe 10 points a game from 1 of them and 3 to 5 from the other.    Atleast with Trae if his defense is bad he is giving you a guaranteed 20 to 25+ every single night.  Then with his backup if you don't get 10+ points from Delon you are atleast getting lock down defense more often than not. 

The weakest position to me is SF. I actually think the SG position is a strength for us. Kevin and Bogi. That's two top 100 players. We don't got even one at SF. We might have two at the 4 but Gallo is gone so there's that. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JeffS17 said:

Paying a guy near max money to come off the bench is asinine -- I don't know why we're even discussing that.  The only reason we were able to have a $21M player (Gallo) come off the bench is because Trae's contract hadn't kicked in yet.  Bogi doesn't need to be coming off the bench at $18M either... and there's no absolutely no way we want a $30M player coming off the bench, it's crazy to even consider.  Are we planning on starting 2-3 vet min players?

Is Randle getting 30 mil per?…geeezzz I honestly didn’t know that.

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, JTB said:

Is Randle getting 30 mil per?…geeezzz I honestly didn’t know that.

Just the final year... next year he's at $26M.  He has a very very bad contract for what he is.  He had a really good outlier year in '20 and got paid for it.  He scored well and shot efficiently (45/41), but it was a huge outlier year for him and he's repeatedly shown he's not a smart player and he doesn't play winning basketball.  I hope we develop JJ coming off the bench and see what Sharife can do running the second unit offense.  There are really two ways to get good value contracts -- guys on their rookie deals and vet minimums that are ring chasing.  We likely aren't going to get ring chasers, so in my opinion, it's imperative we play and develop our draft picks

• Like 4

8 hours ago, shakes said:

Why does everyone in this thread keep misspelling Lavine’s name?  Is that an Atlanta thing?  Y’all live in the A, but hate using them in words?

We ain’t all former Mr. Spelling Bee champs Shakies… @kg01 intimidating shakes while he spells LEVINE LAVIIINNE!!!

image.gif.f598b52bacf199c6bf2d9317eb2b1c11.gif

• Haha 3

18 hours ago, sturt said:

1% is the chance that Spud in his younger athletic days might stroll into a batter's box and actually get a hit off of a major league pitcher.

I’m bettn Tam! :angry2: He’s swinging at everything :laugh1:

• Like 2

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, MarylandHawk said:

Does anyone think that if Boston loses another conference finals that Jalen Brown would become available?  He would be great with this team. Perfect fit next to Trae. 

Do you know how many times the Bulls lost to the Pistons before they had their dynasty?

When you are close, you don't make major changes.. You make minor tweaks if anything. 

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Do you know how many times the Bulls lost to the Pistons before they had their dynasty?

When you are close, you don't make major changes.. You make minor tweaks if anything. 

This question is asked and answered seemingly every other day...Wonder why?

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

We ain’t all former Mr. Spelling Bee champs Shakies… @kg01 intimidating shakes while he spells LEVINE LAVIIINNE!!!

image.gif.f598b52bacf199c6bf2d9317eb2b1c11.gif

It's not Levine, and it's not Lavine, and it's not LAVINE... right?... it's LaVine. hehe

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I still have to do the West Coast list but I got an Hawks update. 

The belief around the league is the Hawks will land either Ayton or Gobert with Capela going out. 

There is also belief that Atlanta will act soon on Gallo although that's more of a given as we all know. 

There is belief that the Hawks aren't trading JJ, Okongwu, or Hunter. Basically anyone under a rookie deal. 

There is interest in Kevin but Atlanta is reluctant to move him. 

Bogi is currently being shopped to other teams around the league.  

JC is not available for trade at this time but he was being shopped around the trade deadline. Lottery teams have reached out about JC's availability. Still something to keep an eye on as the Hawks have a lot of interest in Jaden Ivey. Especially around the draft in late June. 

The Hawks are not favorite around the league to get LaVine but they are seen as in the running. I already told ya'll that Atlanta priority is LaVine and Ayton. 

So if JC, Kev, JJ, OO, and Hunter off the table and Gallo deal is coming soon, what does the Ayton deal look like?  Clint and Bogi plus picks?  

1 minute ago, REHawksFan said:

So if JC, Kev, JJ, OO, and Hunter off the table and Gallo deal is coming soon, what does the Ayton deal look like?  Clint and Bogi plus picks?  

Idk, its gonna have to be crafty as PHX don't want no contracts in the Ayton swap outside of a center. Capela is only 5.4 mil away from qualifying for Ayton max in a trade. You can get three Nik Stakaus to get the deal done like CP3 to HOU deal.

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I still have to do the West Coast list but I got an Hawks update. 

The belief around the league is the Hawks will land either Ayton or Gobert with Capela going out. 

There is also belief that Atlanta will act soon on Gallo although that's more of a given as we all know. 

There is belief that the Hawks aren't trading JJ, Okongwu, or Hunter. Basically anyone under a rookie deal. 

There is interest in Kevin but Atlanta is reluctant to move him. 

Bogi is currently being shopped to other teams around the league.  

JC is not available for trade at this time but he was being shopped around the trade deadline. Lottery teams have reached out about JC's availability. Still something to keep an eye on as the Hawks have a lot of interest in Jaden Ivey. Especially around the draft in late June. 

The Hawks are not favorite around the league to get LaVine but they are seen as in the running. I already told ya'll that Atlanta priority is LaVine and Ayton. 

Ayton alone doesn't move the needle. If the Hawks can trade JC for Jaden Ivy you do it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Just a FYI, I was gonna mention this with the Western post but Phoenix is clearly willing to pay the tax this year. As I've mention, they have interest in PFs, in particular Kevin Love and Julius Randle for their scrubs players like Shamet, Payne, and Craig. Crowder is the only non scrub they are willing to add. They are even willing to trade a future protected 1st too. They know they can't get Jerian Grant or JC with that. 

PHX goals are to resign their FAs for reasonable prices. McGee, Biyombo, and Holliday are their top priorities and they are willing to pay the LT as they have no choice. 

• Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, GameTime said:

Ayton alone doesn't move the needle. If the Hawks can trade JC for Jaden Ivy you do it.

It would definitely be a long term vision, Atlanta won't be contenders in 2023 but maybe 2024 and on. Ivey is more of a NBA PG to me but we will see if him and Trae can work if they go in that direction. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 2