The cobbled together, stuff we held on to during the playoffs mega super rumor and team direction thread.

thecampster

30 minutes ago, AHF said:

Horford was a great player for us; Bud was a great coach.  Both left in less than ideal terms but not on such bad terms that you couldn’t see them returning someday under the right circumstances.   That was more what I was trying to get across.

I don’t think Horford burned the place down in terms of the team either but it hurt a lot to lose him for nothing.  Left us a borderline playoff roster.  Budcox screwed up badly and left us with a broken roster.

Bud created the roster problems necessitating a rebuild then decided he wanted out when a rebuild had to be done.  And he insisted on getting paid by Atlanta to coach a rival team even though the reason he wanted to leave was a product of his own bad roster management.  He didn’t crap on the city or team so as to leave with a real bad taste for me by virtue of messaging.  The tough to swallow bits were his making the bed and wanting to be paid not to lie in it.

For Horford, he took basically the same money to go with a rival.  That will always hurt.  

Then he immediately launched into Celtic pride without thanking the fans and waited almost a full week before giving a very uninspired thanks.  During that time his dad and his sister were both sh****** on the fans and team very publicly and he, again, was very slow to do anything about it.  Very clear signal that he didn’t care about the fan base with that messaging.  Combine that with going to the Celtics and nobody should be feeling real good about how that departure worked out.  But he wasn’t personally bad mouthing the fans and team so it could have been much worse which is why I was trying to convey that he hadn’t completely burned his bridges here.

Agree with just about everything stated, per usual, as your posts are typically the most logical of all of us. 

We will just have to agree to disagree on the burning bridges thing... I feel both of them burned bridges to the point there is a 0% chance of either of them returning. Zero -- Al didn't like us because his Daddy wouldn't let him. And Bud made us pay him to go live closer to anheuser busch. 

Edited by warcore

• Premium Member

Agree with @Sothron, Been nudging every now and then regarding that for a year or maybe two...

These omnibus thread are like omnibus federal legislation.... too much going on, and we're so much better to have targeted thread topics.

If I were king, I'd outlaw them... you have to have a rational topic to begin a thread, and then, there's an expectation that, at least until the original topic has been exhausted, it doesn't stray into some tangent.

I've been using the "ALL ACTIVITY" page for awhile, and it helps some.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Wretch said:

This is the greatest Atlanta Hawk player of all time:

Michael Jordan, Dominique Wilkins reflect on memorable '88 NBA dunk contest  battle

This player is coming for that title:

Atlanta Hawks star and New York Knicks villain Trae Young among athletes  who got a vote for New York City mayor

If you have watched either of these players in a Hawks uniform as well...

Dikembe Mutombo Finger-Wags Son for Saying He'd Play for UNC over  Georgetown | Bleacher Report | Latest News, Videos and Highlights

NBA Predictions 2010: Joe Johnson's Signing a Mistake for Atlanta Hawks |  Bleacher Report | Latest News, Videos and Highlights

Then Al Horford is not the greatest Hawk player that you have seen play for us.  Not even arguably.  Given other players during this timeframe, you can make the argument that he's not even top 5.

That being said, Horford has always been a SOLID player and good enough to be a 3rd option.  I will always remember his leadership, his midrange, and his hustle.  On the negative side, I will always remember his aversion to playing Center, how often he disappeared in big games, and how he left us.

Ultimately, anyone who does not wear Hawks read can go to sh!t.  Horford can go twice.

💯 💯 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I'm not sure when this thread became the "random thoughts from Squawkers" but could we go back to the actual topic? There's other threads to talk about the traitor Al Horford or whatever squirrel thoughts someone might want to share with the rest of the class.

Senior section

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sturt said:

Been nudging every now and then for a year or maybe two...

These omnibus thread are like omnibus federal legislation.... too much going on, and we're so much better to have targeted thread topics.

If I were king, I'd outlaw them... you have to have a rational topic to begin a thread, and then, there's an expectation that, at least until the original topic has been exhausted, it doesn't stray into some tangent.

I've been using the "ALL ACTIVITY" page for awhile, and it helps some.

Just tell me how you feel about Zion. Get it rolling again.

Look Zion can create by himself. Lavine can do it too, I don’t think he’s the answer long term. I honestly would love if management went out and got Zion.

1 minute ago, Jdawgflow said:

Senior section

What’s up whatchu got? 🚶‍♀️ 

29 minutes ago, Wretch said:

This is the greatest Atlanta Hawk player of all time:

Michael Jordan, Dominique Wilkins reflect on memorable '88 NBA dunk contest  battle

This player is coming for that title:

Atlanta Hawks star and New York Knicks villain Trae Young among athletes  who got a vote for New York City mayor

If you have watched either of these players in a Hawks uniform as well...

Dikembe Mutombo Finger-Wags Son for Saying He'd Play for UNC over  Georgetown | Bleacher Report | Latest News, Videos and Highlights

NBA Predictions 2010: Joe Johnson's Signing a Mistake for Atlanta Hawks |  Bleacher Report | Latest News, Videos and Highlights

Then Al Horford is not the greatest Hawk player that you have seen play for us.  Not even arguably.  Given other players during this timeframe, you can make the argument that he's not even top 5.

That being said, Horford has always been a SOLID player and good enough to be a 3rd option.  I will always remember his leadership, his midrange, and his hustle.  On the negative side, I will always remember his aversion to playing Center, how often he disappeared in big games, and how he left us.

Ultimately, anyone who does not wear Hawks read can go to sh!t.  Horford can go twice.

Bullshit! Causal ass hot take. Al is better than everyone on that list. None of those guys are superstars and we hope Trae gets there one day. Al Horford is the most impactful Atlanta Hawk and the most impactful Hawk since Pettit. No one impacted wins as much as Horford for us. No one came close. 

Shit, we just trying to get Trae ass to stop being such a freaking negative on defense so he can take his game to the next level. 

If you lack BBIQ, just say it but hot takes like this are garbage as f***! 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Premium Member
17 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Bullshit! Causal ass hot take. Al is better than everyone on that list. None of those guys are superstars and we hope Trae gets there one day. Al Horford is the most impactful Atlanta Hawk and the most impactful Hawk since Pettit. No one impacted wins as much as Horford for us. No one came close. 

Shit, we just trying to get Trae ass to stop being such a freaking negative on defense so he can take his game to the next level. 

So we all agree Al is a top 5ish Hawks player all time, some have him higher, others lower. 

Now.. Let's get back to the rumor mill: Should we be getting Carmelo Anthony this FA? He's a former all star-future hall of famer Hawks legend, I think he'd be good for morale and some bench shooting.

Also, heard Micic from the Europe may want to come to the NBA, we think we have any chance of getting him to backup Trae? Would be pretty cool to see

25 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Tell us how you really feel 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

So will nothing really officially start happening until draft day in terms of trades and what not.

Me, I had hopes maybe something would get announced in that four day gap before the Finals. Now, I'd figure the league office will be twisting arms to prevent any news that would distract from the annual main event.

28 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I'll ask a Rumor question.   So will nothing really officially start happening until draft day in terms of trades and what not.   we haven't had a 'normal' offseason in forever it feels like. 

Ol' macd tryna re-rail this thang.

200.webp?cid=ecf05e47ypi0cpy8wwtj4kvzkc9

• Haha 2

• Premium Member

What level of return would you guys expect to get if we trade JC? 

Love John and hope to keep him on the team, but if Portland makes 7 available or Kings 4, would you do it?

I'd say no to Portland, yes to the kings. Trae has proven he can make any big man a reliable PnR partner, so getting Ivey or anyone else with star potential in the top 4 range would be worth more than what John brings I think. 

Idk, hard to replace elite stretch 4's, but a trade off from that to rolling the dice in the draft sounds like a fun gamble (even though it would be absolutely horrible if TS misses)

• Like 1