• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The cobbled together, stuff we held on to during the playoffs mega super rumor and team direction thread.

thecampster

1 hour ago, sturt said:

Have to confess, I never thought Spoelstra would become someone that would be said about back-when he was given the reins. He seemed to me to be in the right place at the right time more than that he was a legitimate NBA head coach.

Not everything is as it seems on the surface.

Spoelstra did a tremendous job this year. What is there to criticize? Punched above their weight all year and came a three point shot away from making the finals.

• Like 1

• Moderators
3 hours ago, sturt said:

Have to confess, I never thought Spoelstra would become someone that would be said about back-when he was given the reins. He seemed to me to be in the right place at the right time more than that he was a legitimate NBA head coach.

Not everything is as it seems on the surface.

It has been a long time since he was learning the ropes.  Definitely one of the better coaches in the nba today, imo.  I’ve respected his ability for a while.  Don’t think he’ll ever be the best in the game but he does a good job getting buy in from his teams and having them prepared and organized.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, AHF said:

the best in the game

Relative and subjective conclusion anyway. So as long as you're mentioned with the best, I think that's most of what you can hope for.

11 hours ago, NBASupes said:

No new updates for the Hawks. I asked about Grant but he hasn't heard anything. Maybe Chris got this from someone within the org but I have nothing on Grant to Atlanta other than he's not gonna be cheap is what was conveyed to me. 

I am working on the Western Conference piece. It's quite large and does impact the Hawks as well.

WRONG! I did get one Hawks update, almost forgot. With Utah and Gobert. Atlanta has not approved a framework deal with Utah yet. Utah wants their to be an approved framework but Atlanta has been reluctant on trading Hunter. They are most reluctant on moving Okongwu which I've mentioned. Trae is not available. 

Thank goodness!

It never made sense to me to move Hunter and capela in a gobert deal. Glad to hear your source reveal this as well.

• Like 1

@NBASupes

I may be reading between the lines too much on your latest update regarding the Jazz….but it seems like Gobert is the back up plan if CHA outbids us for Ayton.

Sounds like there is a framework deal in place with the Jazz but just not agreed upon since Utah need to explore all trade possibilities for Donovan Mitchell first as you stated….however if there are no good trades for Mitchell then a deal between the Hawks and Jazz could easily be established is what I’m taking from your updates.

If I summarized all of that correctly, my question is do you have any idea what the full plan is if we acquire Gobert for Capela and Bogi?….just sounds like there’s something else in the works because we all know Schlenk doesn’t consider Gobert fixing all of our issues. Unlike Ayton, Gobert cannot be a primary go to scorer along with Trae… I know Lavine is a target but if Lavine doesn’t pan out surely there’s another plan to get a go to scoring wing!

my whole issue with Gobert is different than those who don’t want him here. I’m not concerned about the money…For me I think he will make us top 10 defense with his presence something capela cannot do but at the same time He simply just don’t solve enough issues just half therefore we can’t stop at just getting Gobert and Schlenk is smart so I know he knows this. But there’s some more information to all this Jazz and Hawks stuff. It has to be.

last I will say for those who want to see major defensive improvement…if you have a healthy front court of Hunter, Collins, & Gobert!…man!…that’s a hell of a defensive turnaround with just adding Gobert in my opinion. Offense still suffers however.

6 hours ago, JTB said:

@NBASupes

I may be reading between the lines too much on your latest update regarding the Jazz….but it seems like Gobert is the back up plan if CHA outbids us for Ayton.

Sounds like there is a framework deal in place with the Jazz but just not agreed upon since Utah need to explore all trade possibilities for Donovan Mitchell first as you stated….however if there are no good trades for Mitchell then a deal between the Hawks and Jazz could easily be established is what I’m taking from your updates.

If I summarized all of that correctly, my question is do you have any idea what the full plan is if we acquire Gobert for Capela and Bogi?….just sounds like there’s something else in the works because we all know Schlenk doesn’t consider Gobert fixing all of our issues. Unlike Ayton, Gobert cannot be a primary go to scorer along with Trae… I know Lavine is a target but if Lavine doesn’t pan out surely there’s another plan to get a go to scoring wing!

my whole issue with Gobert is different than those who don’t want him here. I’m not concerned about the money…For me I think he will make us top 10 defense with his presence something capela cannot do but at the same time He simply just don’t solve enough issues just half therefore we can’t stop at just getting Gobert and Schlenk is smart so I know he knows this. But there’s some more information to all this Jazz and Hawks stuff. It has to be.

last I will say for those who want to see major defensive improvement…if you have a healthy front court of Hunter, Collins, & Gobert!…man!…that’s a hell of a defensive turnaround with just adding Gobert in my opinion. Offense still suffers however.

Well, PHX is still the team where he wants to be so they are the presumed favorite. It's all about the money. PHX wants him to resign in this range and he wants a bigger range. Similar to Sexton. The difference is, Ayton had suitors who value him in the range he's looking for, can't say the same for Collin.

I have zero issues with bringing Gobert to Atlanta but realistically, I do understand that you can't ask for the world for an offensively limited player making basically close to the supermax who's 31 already. 

That's not to say teams don't covet him because many do but his trade value is not close to Donovan Mitchell. He's not 25, on a good contract and he's not a #1 offensive option. He is valuable but is he that valuable in a trade, maybe not the extent Utah felt he was. His trade demand goes way up as many feel his trade value goes down. That means teams value that said player, just not for what they consider significant pieces. 

We had this issue with Paul Millsap. We valued him at such a high level but when we put him on the trade block to see what we can get in return. It was what we as fans considered a mediocre return considering his value to us for winning. That said Gobert is clearly better than Sap in Atlanta, I am just talking about the trade value not being close to what we would want in a trade of a player his caliber. That's why I said, the return for Utah should be similar to Mutombo's return for Atlanta to Philadelphia. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

• Premium Member
9 hours ago, ShooterSays said:

Welp…Supes post has made it onto YouTube now. This guy’s “source” was a comment from that rat’s tweet from yesterday.

Yoooo....this might be Supes himself :laugh1:

• Haha 3

• Premium Member
58 minutes ago, warcore said:

Yeah this pissed me off. He gave credit to the douchebag stealing Supes' work but not the man doing the heavy lifting. Screw this ash hole. Don't support him. 

I agree 100%. All three of us do our work and have our own contacts and do our diligence to check things out before we say anything here...just for some random to steal it and claim it as their own.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, NBASupes said:

I have zero issues with bringing Gobert to Atlanta but realistically, I do understand that you can't ask for the world for an offensively limited player making basically close to the supermax who's 31 already

I just chimed in to say this wasn't lost in your wall of text.  Finally the admission we've been begging for the past few months when you went on your Gobert (rhymes with yogurt) binge.

I guess what I'm tryna say is ...

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e47gwups9qfsg87b9mdou

3 hours ago, NBASupes said:

That's not me. I got a podcast on here, ya'll know what I sound like

Yup ...

200.webp?cid=ecf05e47ui3x8rl2uofbdc6ueo5

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, warcore said:

Yeah this pissed me off. He gave credit to the douchebag stealing Supes' work but not the man doing the heavy lifting. Screw this ash hole. Don't support him. 

Yup.  Don't give this clout-chasin' mutha-suckah** no clix.

** I can't be the only one that remembers this from R-movie edits on "regular" tv back in the 90's.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2