• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The cobbled together, stuff we held on to during the playoffs mega super rumor and team direction thread.

thecampster

• Premium Member
26 minutes ago, AHF said:

That is an interesting list since some of those players were great (and would be well worth $20-30M today) while others weren’t very good and others are outstanding offensive players but not great defenders.  Also not sure about calling out Al “27 million a season” Horford as a cheap contract.

OO needs to develop from where he is now to be worth the pick but I’ve already seen some very good things from him despite (as sturt laid out) his young age and developmental obstacles career to date.  I remain very excited about him and hope he has his first true offseason to add tools this year.  Also hope Nate removes the parking boot and let’s him really get after it this season.

If he becomes the player I hope to see then I won’t be bothered in the slightest if we could have drafted him at #11 or something.

From a purely statistical standpoint, all of those guys I would say are "good" or even ideal given the right situation.  Damn, forgot about Josh Smith, pick 17, but he's another one...and he could have been great.  I saw him as a better Ben Wallace.  I know, if's and but's and all that.  The point is more that there is serviceable talent to be found a'plenty and we have seen our share of those types of frontcourt players - Al Harrington is another.

If all we're expecting from Big2O (lol) is a serviceable ceiling, that's a waste of a #6 pick to me.  You can legitimately target serviceable, possibly even 1B/1C quality players...damn Draymond Green just popped into my head as I'm typing (round 2, pick 35 as I Google)...  But you can target serviceable guys all over the map with a chance at getting some really good to even great help without the need of the lottery.

No, Al's not a bargain.  I was bringing former lottery picks into the equation in light of how easy they are to obtain at a certain point in their careers and at a discount (conceding your point) sans the situational and/or in-hindsight contract flub.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Wretch said:

From a purely statistical standpoint, all of those guys I would say are "good" or even ideal given the right situation.  Damn, forgot about Josh Smith, pick 17, but he's another one...and he could have been great.  I saw him as a better Ben Wallace.  I know, if's and but's and all that.  The point is more that there is serviceable talent to be found a'plenty and we have seen our share of those types of frontcourt players - Al Harrington is another.

If all we're expecting from Big2O (lol) is a serviceable ceiling, that's a waste of a #6 pick to me.  You can legitimately target serviceable, possibly even 1B/1C quality players...damn Draymond Green just popped into my head as I'm typing (round 2, pick 35 as I Google)...  But you can target serviceable guys all over the map with a chance at getting some really good to even great help without the need of the lottery.

No, Al's not a bargain.  I was bringing former lottery picks into the equation in light of how easy they are to obtain at a certain point in their careers and at a discount (conceding your point) sans the situational and/or in-hindsight contract flub.

Downside is for the Aldridge’s of the world that they are generally washed at that point or at least pale imitations if their former selves.  I’d be interested to see a comparison of those big men vs the John Stockton, Tony Parker, Michael Redd, Latrell Sprewell, Jimmy Butler, Steve Nash, Joe Dumars, Mark Price, Manu Gibobili, Isaiah Thomas, Gilbert Arenas, Fred Van Vleet, Dejounte Murray, Khris Middleton, Zach Lavine, Kawhi Leonard, Kyle Lowry, Klay Thompson, Goran Dragic, Kobe Bryant, Jrue Holiday, etc. guards and wings taken in the same parts of the draft as the guys you listed to see to what degree the frequency differs by position.  Clearly there is always value to be had at every position outside of the top 10 picks.

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, kg01 said:

You know I'm contractually obligated to come in off tha top rope, right?

Start windmillin' with fists, ask questions later.

Assuming this is accurate representation courtesy of @Spud2nique... I will be duly entertained by that sight...

460E54D2-9F4D-422D-9D2E-90491398FFFB.thu

• Haha 1

Just saw a rumor of the heat interested in Donovan Mitchell! The trade was something along the lines of herro + picks for Mitchell.

goodness if that happens and we do not walk away with Lavine & Ayton or Gobert this summer then it’s a wrap for our division.

Mitchell would make that heat team insanely good and real contenders probably for the next 3-4 seasons. So I hope it doesn’t happen.

1 hour ago, JTB said:

Just saw a rumor of the heat interested in Donovan Mitchell! The trade was something along the lines of herro + picks for Mitchell.

goodness if that happens and we do not walk away with Lavine & Ayton or Gobert this summer then it’s a wrap for our division.

Mitchell would make that heat team insanely good and real contenders probably for the next 3-4 seasons. So I hope it doesn’t happen.

Lol...that's not enough for Mitchel so don't worry.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I really hope Schlenk can grab some combination of OG, LaVine, Gobert, and/or Ayton. We gonna need some real firepower to keep up in the east if Mitchell comes over. Also, I doubt Kyrie gets shipped out. I think they try to run out Ben, Kyrie, and KD together next year.

• Moderators
9 hours ago, JTB said:

The poster child for defense can win championships, the miami heat, want Mitchell?   Are they not too scared of his defense like we are around here?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
39 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

The poster child for defense can win championships, the miami heat, want Mitchell?   Are they not too scared of his defense like we are around here?

You can hide one guy on defense, not two. Miami doesn't have to worry about Trae's defense like we do.

• Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

No new updates for the Hawks. I asked about Grant but he hasn't heard anything. Maybe Chris got this from someone within the org but I have nothing on Grant to Atlanta other than he's not gonna be cheap is what was conveyed to me. 

I am working on the Western Conference piece. It's quite large and does impact the Hawks as well.

WRONG! I did get one Hawks update, almost forgot. With Utah and Gobert. Atlanta has not approved a framework deal with Utah yet. Utah wants their to be an approved framework but Atlanta has been reluctant on trading Hunter. They are most reluctant on moving Okongwu which I've mentioned. Trae is not available. 

So is Utah actually willing to trade Gobert?

• Moderators
46 minutes ago, Sothron said:

You can hide one guy on defense, not two. Miami doesn't have to worry about Trae's defense like we do.

So 6 foot tall, 36 year old Lowry and Duncan Robinson aren't concerns?  Those guys started 120+ games for the Heat last year. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

So 6 foot tall, 36 year old Lowry and Duncan Robinson aren't concerns?  Those guys started 120+ games for the Heat last year. 

School 'im, macd.  And folks out here actin' like Herro is a lockdown guy too.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, kg01 said:

School 'im, macd.  And folks out here actin' like Herro is a lockdown guy too.

yeah although he'd supposedly be going in the trade.  Like Utah is going to take Herro for mitchell anyway.  I don't think Mitchell is going anywhere but seems like everyone hates the idea of him with the Hawks but then thinks if the Heat get him they'll be unstoppable.    I get it has to be the right fit but i think he fits better here than with the Heat.  

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

WRONG! I did get one Hawks update, almost forgot. With Utah and Gobert. Atlanta has not approved a framework deal with Utah yet. Utah wants their to be an approved framework but Atlanta has been reluctant on trading Hunter. They are most reluctant on moving Okongwu which I've mentioned. Trae is not available. 

I don't want Goberrated in the first place. But if they are trying to include Hunter or especially Big O then that's a big fat 

hell-naw.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• Moderators
11 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

I don't want Goberrated in the first place. But if they are trying to include Hunter or especially Big O then that's a big fat 

hell-naw.gif

Seems like their motivation for trading Gobert is to bring back multiple starting caliber players though right?  Capela and picks won't do it i don't think but there again i'm not sure they are going to find what they want anyway.