• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The cobbled together, stuff we held on to during the playoffs mega super rumor and team direction thread.

thecampster

1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

No, it’s just after reading 10 pages I usually give props to some of the posts. We cut from a diff cloth is all. 

Hey, there's a reason we call him wacdaddy at the cool people table.

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e476850jdmrybqfzvszd0

😎

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Man, my job checks the big social media platforms. I can't be out here blasting people like I do on here at times...rofl

Hey, they wanna make sure you don't mess up the meth.

What they don't know is, while they out here stalking you on twitter, you up in there like ...

giphy.webp?cid=ecf05e47abx3bpa602ha19gft

Just now, Spud2nique said:

We made up he told me likes me. 🤫 

Oh my bad.  I was jus' playin' wacdaddy .. oh, I mean @macdaddy

• Haha 3

• Moderators
23 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

He claims to be a “church” guy too. Don’t they believe in honesty? Just sayin.

Just like any group of sufficient size you find people from all walks of life in churches from Martin Luther King Jr to Jim Bakker.  Some people devote their lives to their faith to do God's work serving those otherwise left behind by society and their communities.  Some use religion as a money making enterprise or political tool in the worst possible corruptions of the true faith.  Of course, comparing it to the most wonderful things done by the faithful puts it in a poor light.  When looking at atrocities done in the name of faith (sometimes in a genuine sense, sometimes hypocritically), posting other people's trade intel on twitter is pretty tame. 

19 minutes ago, sturt said:

Believe in, yes.

But practice... therein lies the problem.

But better to be a hypocrite than a heathen, I always say. No, really, I do. (At least hypocrites aspire to be something better than they... er... we... are.)

A topic for the politics board but every time I'll take a heathen who wants to do right by their fellow man (many churches would call Ghandi a heathen and pretty much all of them would call someone like Stephen Hawking one) every time over someone who hypocritically uses faith for their own selfish ends and you have some very high profile people who use faith as a profit tool or political weapon very, very successfully.  If you focus on people in power, this latter scenario is unfortunately very transparent to me in many cases.  Most people you interact with on a daily basis don't fall into either extreme and are just people trying to live their lives as best they can and doing well or coming up short as we all do.

• Like 2

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I haven't heard of interest from Atlanta on Grant of late. I did during the trade deadline and they dropped out of the race. 

@Sothron and @thecampster. What do you have on Grant?

Grant seems doubly tough given that Detroit reportedly wants a premium price for him in a trade and Grant wants all the touches on offense (despite not being a good high volume scorer) and a huge contract after his current contract is done despite not being a true star.  Grant the starter / glue guy on a reasonable contract seems like a good addition but that isn't the guy I'm seeing on the market.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

Hawks showing interest in Randle and now Grant too? Is this the beginning of the end of JC in Atlanta?

Lot of smoke for a couple guys who I doubt you’re bringing in to come off the bench…

Nope no way that can happen. This is all lies....We would never trade JC... He's the "heart and soul"...

Edited by terrell

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, AHF said:

At least he didn't claim it as his own this time.  Step in the right direction to give credit to the author even if it is scummy to repost this stuff period.

On the trade piece, I have no idea why we would be concerned about how much the third party team wants a player for competitive purposes.  If you are involving a third team to make the trade work, it is going to be a team in Atlanta's position when we took on Allen Crabbe and Chandler Parsons.  It is a team that is using its cap space to acquire a pick in exchange for facilitating a trade.  So guaranteeing Gallo's contract and dealing him to that team with a pick makes a ton more sense than including Bogi, imo.  That team doesn't really care about the player they are getting when they are in rebuilding mode just like we didn't care that Parsons was going to be lucky if he played 100 minutes in his career after we acquired him.  The trade was for the pick in exchange for taking the bad contract and Gallo being a 1 year deal is perfect for that.

I don't see why we need a third team.  We can get under the cap enough to afford the trade without doing that. 

• Premium Member
50 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

We own Delon's Bird rights so it's easier to resign him once we exhaust all other opportunities.

I think we should resign him before hand because his cap hit is going to be higher than what we can resign him for. 

• Premium Member
35 minutes ago, AHF said:

many churches would call Ghandi a heathen

That I suppose fits the technical dictionary definition, but mine is somewhat nuanced... by "heathen," I'm suggesting someone who has no moral code that they live by at all, and thus, live their lives pretty much for themselves and in a chronic pursuit of their own pleasure.

... back to basketball... 🙂

• Premium Member
47 minutes ago, sturt said:

Sticking to my theory on Ayton tho.... paying more but getting no improvement on defense, which is the off-season priority, plus your head coach is best buds with his head coach who won't be exchanging Christmas cards with him anytime soon. Not anything Schlenk is actually spending time working on.

If the price is just Clint and future first... then yeah.. do it.   He is offensively better.  It gives us room to do other things on offense.  Defensively, he's not that bad.  He's not the backbone that some suggest but he's not bad, if we have enough good defensive players, he fits in. 

• Premium Member
14 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I don't see why we need a third team.  We can get under the cap enough to afford the trade without doing that. 

We are not under the cap....we have $146 million in guaranteed contracts including Gallo's $21 million. The salary cap is $122. The Luxury Tax is $149. So we are $3 million under the Luxury Tax (excluding picks and FA capholds).

We are limited by how much we can exceed the Luxury Tax if we are executing SnT deals ( ~$6 mil) which would essentially hard cap the team and limit our use of the exceptions like the MLE.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, Diesel said:

If the price is just Clint and future first... then yeah.. do it.   He is offensively better.  It gives us room to do other things on offense.  Defensively, he's not that bad.  He's not the backbone that some suggest but he's not bad, if we have enough good defensive players, he fits in. 

Still standing on the soapbox that it only makes sense that McM probably is not cheering for this to happen. Just sayin. Again.

2 minutes ago, Diesel said:

We will still not have enough room to sign Ayton using cap space so it'll have to be a third team involved.  I already told you why.  The way the salaries are structured in this trade Atlanta needs to send about $30+ million, but PHX can only take back about $24 million

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
40 minutes ago, Dean Walker said:

Lateral move!

Hard pass!

Important to read the words for their explicit meaning... that beat writers "believe it still stands" screams "this is just an opinion."

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Diesel said:

He is the back bone.  Bridges wouldn't be able to do what he does if Ayton doesn't play his role in their scheme.  Generally centers are the backbone of a good defense, unless you have multiple great perimeter defenders.   

Bam is the reason Miami's defense is so good.

Horford and Williams are the reason Boston's defense is so good. 

• Thanks 1