• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Horford- Life after Atlanta

JTB

6 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

:indifferent: I’m sorry. I forgive but I can’t forget. Decision day? You don’t remember how he dragged the fans through the mud the whole day just to sign with our rival? 

Supes, you yourself prolly refreshed your Twitter a million times that day, to finally see that he had gone to the Celts.

We had Horford’s amigos at the game for him every night. To do it like that, was a mistake.

Add to the fact that dad and Anna talked mad $hit about the Hawks and fans after the fact. 

That's Tony fault. He put his damn energy and focus into signing washed Dwight Howard when Al was like, I dont want to play with him. Tony wanted to sale f***ing tickets. Our fans tend to forget why he left. Tony also didn't value Al like that, Bud and him got divided because of that and of course, Bud quit a few years later. 

I'll give Tony credit for being the loudest voice for Luka but I'll discredit him for his Al Horford mismanagement.

Edited by NBASupes

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

That's Tony fault. He put his damn energy and focus into signing washed Dwight Howard when Al was like, I dont want to play with him. Tony wanted to sale f***ing tickets. Our fans tend to forget why he left. Tony also didn't value Al like that, Bud and him got divided because of that and of course, Bud quit a few years later. 

I'll give Tony credit for being the loudest voice for Luka but I'll discredit him for his Al Horford mismanagement.

I never understood this though. For YEARS Al was begging to be moved from C to PF. Well, the Hawks went out and got a starting C so he could move to PF. Then what does Al do? He leaves for Boston TO PLAY CENTER! And IIRC, his contract was for less $$ than what Atlanta offered. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, bird_dirt said:

I never understood this though. For YEARS Al was begging to be moved from C to PF. Well, the Hawks went out and got a starting C so he could move to PF. Then what does Al do? He leaves for Boston TO PLAY CENTER! And IIRC, his contract was for less $$ than what Atlanta offered. 

He didn't like Dwight Howard. He would have gladly played with someone like Brook Lopez at that time. Dwight was ass and everyone in the league hated him at the time. It worked out horribly for us. The team renegaded against him

Tony realized there is more to Basketball than just getting names. They come with personalities, they are humans 

Edited by NBASupes

• Moderators
4 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Ya'll know how I feel about Al. This post on RealGM basically explains it 

https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=1632263

Horford is having a career moment right now.  Enjoy it, Supes!  He has been a superstar glue guy in a supporting role on this Celtics team.  The opposition doesn't gameplan their defense around him like they do Tatum and Brown but he has made everything easier on the Celtics by contributing everywhere and keeping them organized on both ends of the floor and when he has these career nights scoring it makes the Celtics extremely strong.  6-8 from 3 is deadly.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, NBASupes said:

The Truth.

On 6/3/2022 at 6:34 AM, NBASupes said:

wait Tony Resseler wanted Luka over Trae?…is that what you’re  implying here?

I thought you all said that Resseler pushed for Trae and was in favor of the trade.

Edited by JTB

1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

Supes says this is the the Hawks best player ever? :eyebrow: He’s playing against Kevon Looney…. Nuff said.

9CA59E32-0118-4138-96D1-99142BEFD939.jpeg

The Hawks have 5 players’ jerseys retired, and at least a dozen players in the HOF who played at least 4 seasons with the Hawks. 
I don’t see Horford achieving either of those benchmarks. 

HOF isn’t completely out of the question, but A LOT would have to break his way, like if he went ballistic and won Finals MVP. Don’t see it happening though.

Top 10 Hawks? I can see a case for that debate. But I don’t think he’s even a top 5 Hawk. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, bird_dirt said:

The Hawks have 5 players’ jerseys retired, and at least a dozen players in the HOF who played at least 4 seasons with the Hawks. 

HOF isn’t completely out of the question, but A LOT would have to break his way, like if he went ballistic and won Finals MVP. Don’t see it happening though.

Top 10 Hawks? I can see a case for that debate. But I don’t think he’s even a top 5 Hawk. 

Basketball Reference has Al with a 12% chance to make the Hall so it ain’t happening, even with a long-shot Finals MVP (Igoudala has a 6% chance).   His two closest career comps in win shares are Alonzo Mourning (in the Hall) and Marc Gasol (even less chance at 4%). 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, bird_dirt said:

His career is not over yet 

Damn did you guys see Al "MJ" Horford lead the Celts to victory tonight?

Oh wait my bad, that was me somehow falling into supes dreams. Can somebody help me outta here? This place sucks. All I see is balls bouncing but nobody is getting the rebound. Giving me a headache. 

I already see the jokes about bouncing balls coming... I'm fine with it. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, warcore said:

Damn did you guys see Al "MJ" Horford lead the Celts to victory tonight?

Oh wait my bad, that was me somehow falling into supes dreams. Can somebody help me outta here? This place sucks. All I see is balls bouncing but nobody is getting the rebound. Giving me a headache. 

I already see the jokes about bouncing balls coming... I'm fine with it. 

The best Hawk eva scored 2 whole points tonight. Give him his flowers. 

• Haha 4

Your question was answered by the basketball 🏀 Gods! 

NO AL YOU ONLY SCORED 2! :sarcastic:

image.gif.a42686e2f7d7f2d4957aa54190e27e0b.gif

image.gif.1d89d2790e547b09033c8c153cb18f62.gif

BE6D436B-8BF4-4315-9063-CEFF867A49AA.jpeg

@TheNorthCydeRises Supes might not be coming on for a min… 

There you go @marco102 mister goody 2 shoes I see u later I ain’t nuttin but a playa hater.

Maaaaaaannn, you ain’t no mod jigga!

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Your question was answered by the basketball 🏀 Gods! 

NO AL YOU ONLY SCORED 2! :sarcastic:

image.gif.a42686e2f7d7f2d4957aa54190e27e0b.gif

image.gif.1d89d2790e547b09033c8c153cb18f62.gif

BE6D436B-8BF4-4315-9063-CEFF867A49AA.jpeg

@TheNorthCydeRises Supes might not be coming on for a min… 

There you go @marco102 mister goody 2 shoes I see u later I ain’t nuttin but a playa hater.

Maaaaaaannn, you ain’t no mod jigga!

I haven't even opened this thread because I really don't like talking about Whoreford.  

Just didn't want to read through pages of Horford talk on the other thread.

My bad if I offended big homie. 😄 

• Haha 1