• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Kirschner and Hollinger...

Diesel

• Premium Member
16 hours ago, JTB said:

@Sothron @thecampster @NBASupes

Are you guys allowed to tell us who the FO has more interest in or rumored to have more interest in between Ayton and Gobert?

im just curious. If you can’t answer that I understand respectfully.

this is my informed hunch but I think whichever costs us less is who they would go for. I think Ayton would be the more preferred target but if Gobert costs less then I can see them going for him.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Chris saying he wouldn't rule out hawks trading up to nab someone is music to my ears. Though for next season we may be a 6-8 seed getting someone like Jaden Ivey would be great for the long term future of the team. We never got our second creator/playmaker via the draft and this would finally be our chance to do so.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Chris saying he wouldn't rule out hawks trading up to nab someone is music to my ears. Though for next season we may be a 6-8 seed getting someone like Jaden Ivey would be great for the long term future of the team. We never got our second creator/playmaker via the draft and this would finally be our chance to do so.

Hollinger or Chris (can’t remember which) also mentioned that Bruce Brown would their number 1 free agent target if they were in the Hawks place and that’s music to my ears!

Thats exactly who I hope the Hawks sign to be the starter next to Trae. I am all for going full defensive minded on the Wings even if their offense is inconsistent.

• Like 2

• Moderators
26 minutes ago, Sothron said:

this is my informed hunch but I think whichever costs us less is who they would go for. I think Ayton would be the more preferred target but if Gobert costs less then I can see them going for him.

I know you mean cost in terms of what we have to trade to get them but no one in the league 'costs' more than Gobert.  Is there any concern about the size of that contract impeding our other options?

• Thanks 2

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I know you mean cost in terms of what we have to trade to get them but no one in the league 'costs' more than Gobert.  Is there any concern about the size of that contract impeding our other options?

yes. that's another reason I think (not been told, just my thoughts here) they desire Ayton more. He would cost less, he's younger by I think 7 or 8 years and he's way better on offense than Gobert.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
19 minutes ago, Mikey said:

would love to hear what/who you or Chris thinks we would be able to trade to move up to top 4 or 5 pick  in this draft.

This should be amusing.

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

Yes please. I’ve thought about this, too. I’d love if they were able to figure out a way to get Ivey this year. He’s literally the only player I have any serious interest in this year. 

57 minutes ago, shakes said:

would love to hear what/who you or Chris thinks we would be able to trade to move up to top 4 or 5 pick  in this draft.

This should be amusing.

I think the idea is that the kings are in win now mode and that is widely known. Think the deal would look like JC/16/hornets first for harrison barnes and 4. No clue though just speculating here

15 minutes ago, bird_dirt said:

Yes please. I’ve thought about this, too. I’d love if they were able to figure out a way to get Ivey this year. He’s literally the only player I have any serious interest in this year. 

I ain't lookin' at no rookie to fix what ails us.

Cue @marco102 to tell me to stop telling folks to get off my lawn.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I think the idea is that the kings are in win now mode and that is widely known. Think the deal would look like JC/16/hornets first for harrison barnes and 4. No clue though just speculating here

Why would the Kings want JC if they already have Sabonis?     Also if they are in win now why trade Barnes?  

Also, don't think that is nearly enough value for #4 pick.    Overpriced often injured JC and a couple mid first round picks.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
48 minutes ago, shakes said:

Why would the Kings want JC if they already have Sabonis?     Also if they are in win now why trade Barnes?  

Also, don't think that is nearly enough value for #4 pick.    Overpriced often injured JC and a couple mid first round picks.

Agreed w/bolded. 

FWIW though, Kings fans have been and still are pining for JC.  Though they envision a more significant package around him for the #4.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, shakes said:

Don't believe that the league has the same opinion of JC as you do.

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Why not it’s a Paula Abdul remix..

I take 2 steps forward I take 4 steps back…. :indifferent:

#nodraftperiod #sell16

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, kg01 said:

🤷‍♂️
Not saying this guy is our cure today. 
But I just want us to get the best players possible today. Who else is available as a playmaking SG? I’d rather have Ivey than LolOdipo or someone else a half a step from washed. 
He could be an answer, if not the answer, sooner rather than later. 

1 hour ago, bird_dirt said:

🤷‍♂️
Not saying this guy is our cure today. 
But I just want us to get the best players possible today. Who else is available as a playmaking SG? I’d rather have Ivey than LolOdipo or someone else a half a step from washed. 
He could be an answer, if not the answer, sooner rather than later. 

Aint nobody got time for waitin on no rookie.

Agree on lOladipo and his acid washed a**.

• Like 2

• Moderators
3 hours ago, shakes said:

Let’s be honest, though.  Would it rank among the five worst trades, picks or contracts that Sacramento has done in the last decade?  Hardly unprecedented for that group to do some really dumb things and that applies to multiple GMs there.

• Like 3