• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Mega Super Rumor Thread (Part 2)

NBASupes

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I don't like that they are Unprotected, but here's the thing, if you protect them then they extend the number of years you owe picks.

For example: the Charlotte pick is lottery protected for 3 years which means Charlotte can't Trade their picks for those w years.

The Charlotte pick is possibly worthless, or only worth 2 second rounders.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, bird_dirt said:

Hey, anyone remember that one poster who proposed a trade for Murray back in December of last year? I mean, I think he wanted to use him to get Kyrie in the end, so who cares anyway. 

But, @JayBirdHawk got her man here, so I’m stoked for her calling her shot two years ago! 

Go Hawks! F dem picks! F dem picks! We can get more again later if we need them.  

Happy for us and @JayBirdHawk

Murray is a stud. Triple double candidate, young, and plays defense. All star in the west and Pop taught. A/A- for me. 👍 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, gurpilo said:

I agree that now having a PF that can shoot well from 3 is key, Young and Murray sharing the ball and dishing to the perimeter, we need good shooters and Collins is a very good one.

Collins is a really good shooter.  But I think he is done with Atlanta at this point. I really hate to see it and don't blame him.

19 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Not sure I want Ayton right now.  CC is integral to our offense and swapping for Ayton would be too much noise at once imo... also concerned about his attitude and work ethic.  I'd rather have Gobert because he doesn't change the dynamic of our team but is just a pure upgrade at pretty much all facets of being a center.  I know that one is dead right now though so probably stand pat on CC imo

I'd rather have Ayton, because he and John would create a lot more space for Trae and Dejounte to work with.

• Like 4

The way I see it is the jazz have to move gobert to appease Donovan Mitchell's camp. They will be forced to lower the asking price because they can't afford to go into next season with those two guys still on the team.

They will accept hunter not being included

49 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

Trae / Cooper

Murray / Bogi 

Hunter / Huerter / AJ

JC / Johnson

Cap / OO

I’m actually feeling a little giddy lol

You really think Cooper is ready to be our backup PG? Im a Rife fan since highschool, but he isnt ready yet imo..

• Premium Member

Okay, so... I didn't take names, but some people let it be known that Gallo wasn't even a real trade commodity, and we might as well have cut him for the $5m two weeks ago.

Am I wrong to think that was an overstatement? A vast overstatement at that?

Excellent move.  I like Kevin and Bogi but they can’t come close to rivaling his two way impact.  Doesn’t shy away from contact even at his slim frame and combines his length with footwork excellently.  He’ll kill alongside Delon.  Beside Clint his steals could go even above 2 as he funnels his man into a paint trap.

I haven’t watched him enough to know if and how he screens but his assisted numbers throughout his career show he’s likely a willing cutter.  Hawks need all the well-timed movement off the ball they can get.  I posted his shot chart earlier this season and it’s rock solid in terms of variety.  Old school, total floor approach.

He’s been a clear plus for his team on defense since his sophomore season.  Just a bad time to lose our shooting coach, as his eFG ain’t nothing to write home about.  Takes a good percentage of his threes from the corner but shoots even worse from there.   All in all I can live with the middling efficiency if he’s energetic off ball, takes only open threes with offensive boarding in place, and stays unpredictable to the defense.  

Very good career assist to turn at 2.52:1 as a combo guard.  Historically has played 26% at the 2 but only 8% last season, the adjustment is something to watch.  A dunk from the PG position always provides spark no matter how seldom.  23 total last year is respectable for his size and all the attention he got.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, sturt said:

This is disappointing.

2022-06-29_17-42-12.png

Well, good news, if you believe Supes, JC has no interest around the league.

I hope Schlenk isn’t trying to move him just because, and only wants equal value in return. Otherwise, he is still a welcome and valuable piece of the team.