• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

John Collins trade watch

Peoriabird

21 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

If JC was as good on defense as OO he would have gotten the max contract he wanted last season. 

Another rumor that never came from JC's mouth at any point. Every player wants max money, why not get paid the most possible amount. But JC never made any contract demands. It's called negotiation.

You clearly take every rumor you hear and just run with it, while also holding it against people. That's why the insider stuff is dangerous when people can't take information with a grain of salt before turning on someone.

Negotiations are never simple and easy. No 2 sides just agree on the first number and that's it. 

He was offered a number that he felt was low, he bet on himself, and he got more money in the end. And you feel like a big man by snarking that he didn't get a Max. He still won by waiting it out and getting more money. You seem more salty about it than he was lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Another rumor that never came from JC's mouth at any point. Every player wants max money, why not get paid the most possible amount. But JC never made any contract demands. It's called negotiation.

You clearly take every rumor you hear and just run with it, while also holding it against people. That's why the insider stuff is dangerous when people can't take information with a grain of salt before turning on someone.

Negotiations are never simple and easy. No 2 sides just agree on the first number and that's it. 

He was offered a number that he felt was low, he bet on himself, and he got more money in the end. And you feel like a big man by snarking that he didn't get a Max. He still won by waiting it out and getting more money. You seem more salty about it than he was lol

WTF?

The max contract jab was so far beside the point of JC not having the same defensive value as OO, but sure, run with that if it makes you feel better. 

Let me rephrase then. If JC was as good on defense as OO, he probably would have gotten a max contract. Feel better?

• Moderators
16 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

No 2 sides just agree on the first number and that's it. 

I suspect that is exactly how it worked with Trae's contract.  :biggrin:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• Moderators

I really hope we stand pat at this point and see what JJ brings in the rotation.   He's a good passing and shooting big.  A frontcourt rotation of Cap, JC, OO, JJ could be really really good.   

Not joking at all about OO with a jumper though.  I think he can shoot fine.   There's no reason we shouldn't see him hitting from midrange this season.  

• Like 4

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, macdaddy said:

I really hope we stand pat at this point and see what JJ brings in the rotation.   He's a good passing and shooting big.  A frontcourt rotation of Cap, JC, OO, JJ could be really really good.   

Not joking at all about OO with a jumper though.  I think he can shoot fine.   There's no reason we shouldn't see him hitting from midrange this season.  

JJ is getting severely overlooked by the fans right now. He has excellent ballhandling and passing skills at 6'9". If he can add a more consistent outside shot to his already impressive arsenal, the Hawks have a MIP candidate on their hands. I really think he takes a leap next season and surprises us.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, hawkman said:

JJ is getting severely overlooked by the fans right now. He has excellent ballhandling and passing skills at 6'9". If he can add a more consistent outside shot to his already impressive arsenal, the Hawks have a MIP candidate on their hands. I really think he takes a leap next season and surprises us.

I don't doubt his offensive skillset. I think that his defensive awareness is the only thing that kept him from getting more minutes as a rookie. He should look better next season for sure. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, macdaddy said:

I was fine with JC leaving, but I've changed my mind after the Huerter trade/Murray acquisition.

With Murray on the team, Trae will play off ball more, which will lead to JC being open for more shots(that should keep him happy). And He already has chemistry with other players on the team.

It makes no sense to trade him now.

We have brought in stable, defensive role players(DM,AH,JH,MH). 

It is worth seeing how JC goes in that mix. Two weeks ago we thought we were giving up JC for Murray, or a draft pick.

We have Murray without giving up JC...

Time to see what we have....

Edited by terrell
  • Like 2

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, terrell said:

I was fine with JC leaving, but I've changed my mind after the Huerter trade/Murray acquisition.

With Murray on the team, Trae will play off ball more, which will lead to JC being open for more shots(that should keep him happy). And He already has chemistry with other players on the team.

It makes no sense to trade him now.

We have brought in stable, defensive role players(DM,AH,JH,MH). 

It is worth seeing how JC goes in that mix. Two weeks ago we thought we were giving up JC for Murray, or a draft pick.

We have Murray without giving up JC...

Time to see what we have....

After all of the Hollering about Collins being over paid, poor fit, overrated yada yada yada.  LOL!

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

After all of the Hollering about Collins being over paid, poor fit, overrated yada yada yada.  LOL!

I still think he's overpaid..

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

I expected you to take this the wrong way.. lol. I like his fit better NOW with more defensive minded players on the team..(Nate cant play his ass with Gallo anymore)..., but I wouldnt cry if he was moved...But Schlenk isnt gonna just give him away(which it seems he might have to if he wants out, as his market is dryyyy)

Edited by terrell
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

I think people just don't think he is a go to guy on a great team. There shouldn't much pressure on him now.

He can do his in the flow of the game thing now.

I don’t care about any advanced metrics. I know what I see. If JC was a better defender we wouldn’t even be having these discussions. We know he can’t defend against larger Bigs he’s not really a good on ball defender against PF he’s to slow to guard wings. He’s a great help defender. He gets blocks and he a good defensive rebounder. 

That being said he’s a top 10 PF. I don’t see anyone we could get that’s going to be better all around. He has to get better on the defensive end for this to team have a chance.

And watching Frank highlights against the Hawks reminded me that not one player on the Hawks last year gave a rats ass about D. Hopefully DJ will be our leader on D and force everyone to step up their effort on that end.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Plainview1981 said:

I think people just don't think he is a go to guy on a great team. There shouldn't much pressure on him now.

He can do his in the flow of the game thing now.

He needs to be a 6th man 

• Sad 1

Without any further moves, I think we can agree that a top end rotation of Trae, Murray, Dre, JC, CC, Bogi, and OO is a very good first 7. You are now just hoping that out of the 2 Holidays, JJ, Harkless, Griffin and Kaminsky that 2 or 3 shake out to have really good seasons in reserve roles for us.

My hope is that Griffin and JJ breakout and J Holiday gives us some version of Wright/Snell veteran magic.

A solid 10-man is best case, but Nate truly only needs a 9-man rotation to carry us through the regular season and an 8-man unit for the playoffs. I think we are sitting in a good spot to hit all of those marks. J Holiday has the edge without anyone suiting yet for 8th man. After that, it’s wide open.

This squad is “D”efinitely going to be tougher to score on next year.

• Like 1