• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Jazz at Hawks

lethalweapon3

7 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

Yes yes, at 24 it's clear Trae is washed. The previous 150 games where in three seasons he had two of the most prolific offensive seasons by a PG in NBA history pale in comparison to the 10 game sample  this year of him shooting poorly while battling two different injuries. We should give up on him.

I just base my comments off what I see right now... Yall dont have to agree with me.. Thats fine.. lol. I couldnt care less about the last 3 seasons..

Whether hes washed or not, his usage, defense, and size will always be a major problem for us vs certain teams.. I stand by that..

Edited by terrell

4 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

:laugh1::laugh1:

It normally takes Bogi at least a month to get right.. He's usually bricks for at least a few weeks...

2 minutes ago, StonedDogs said:

So hard to love Trae. I try but it's extremely hard man. Still early in the season of course that is everyone's main go to. He'll come around. He starts off slow. Sure, he's all of that. 

I know thats right.. Ive tried too..Hope he does come around..

Edited by terrell

7 minutes ago, terrell said:

Fans who think hes played like a Superstar this season are the delusiona ones.

NBA is a what have you done for me lately league.

He still has superstar impact on a game, despite the low shooting, because he makes up for it by getting to the FT line.  Tonight, he got zero calls, which limited his offensive impact.  A guy that averages 9 trips to the line, gets zero calls?

The 11 FTs we shot, definitely was a factor in the game.  They took away all of Trae's FT attempts.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Allen Iverson used to have these types of games all the time.  But if Trae Young doesn't shoot a single FT in a game, you know there's a problem.  At minimum, he should've went to the line 3 times tonight, but didn't get a single call.

nope.

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, shakes said:

Am I the only one who realizes this team has a ceiling of a 5 seed and winning 2 games max in the opening round playoff series loss?

The defense will never be good.  This roster is incapable of being a good defensive team or even an average defensive team.

This defense has the ability to be very good.  The 3rd quarter in this game proved that.

Nate just can't mess it up by putting in combinations that can't consistently score the ball.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

Yes yes, at 24 it's clear Trae is washed. The previous 150 games where in three seasons he had two of the most prolific offensive seasons by a PG in NBA history pale in comparison to the 10 game sample  this year of him shooting poorly while battling two different injuries. We should give up on him.

No sacred cows, if he played like **** then he played like ****. One can acknowledge that without being a prisoner of the moment. These two truths are not mutually exclusive.

1 minute ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

He still has superstar impact on a game, despite the low shooting, because he makes up for it by getting to the FT line.  Tonight, he got zero calls, which limited his offensive impact.  A guy that averages 9 trips to the line, gets zero calls?

The 11 FTs we shot, definitely was a factor in the game.  They took away all of Trae's FT attempts.

I know you love Trae's game. Its all good.. Im just not a big fan of his playstyle..Never have been really..I support the dude though as long as hes a Hawk.. If youre gonna take that many shots, you better fkn D up, or at least give max effort. Teammates cant be happy with that.. I know I wouldnt be.. 28 shots coming off an injury, after we just won a game without you playing team ball? Nah fam.. I aint feeling that..

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

His PER is 21.8 right now.. How is that superstar impact? 

Just now, Carmine said:

No sacred cows, if he played like **** then he played like ****. One can acknowledge that without being a prisoner of the moment. These two truths are not mutually exclusive.

Couldn't get a floater or a layup to fall in the 1st half and shot a horrible percentage.

Made 50% of his shots in the 2nd half and was + for the half.

Overall, a sub par shooting game for Trae, but should've been enough to win.  Dejounte had another great statistical night, but had a ( - ) number on the floor because he + the bench couldn't stop the Jazz.

This is more of a coaching loss for me.  Once we gained complete momentum in that 3rd quarter, Nate killed it with his set substitution.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, terrell said:

I know you love Trae's game. Its all good.. Im just not a big fan of his playstyle..Never have been really..I support the dude though as long as hes a Hawk.. If youre gonna take that many shots, you better fkn D up, or at least give max effort. Teammates cant be happy with that.. I know I wouldnt be.. 28 shots coming off an injury, after we just won a game without you playing team ball? Nah fam.. I aint feeling that..

So what did Trae do on defense that killed the Hawks tonight? 

Were there a lot of bad rotations?  Did he give up a lot of points?

What I saw, was Markkanen and Beasley going off by raining a bunch of 3s.  I also saw Clarkson take Murray more than a few times off the dribble for easy buckets.

Once again, Trae was +10 for the night, so how did his "bad defense" contribute to this loss?  He even got 2 steals, which led the team.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

So what did Trae do on defense that killed the Hawks tonight? 

Were there a lot of bad rotations?  Did he give up a lot of points?

What I saw, was Markkanen and Beasley going off by raining a bunch of 3s.  I also saw Clarkson take Murray more than a few times off the dribble for easy buckets.

Once again, Trae was +10 for the night, so how did his "bad defense" contribute to this loss?  He even got 2 steals, which led the team.

You dont understand how playing with Trae impacts his teammates on D obviously.. 

A couple of Steals dont mean good defense..Iverson  led the league in steals at one point..

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Trae stans will argue against this 

Why would that be? If he hasn't done much in practice, either manage the minutes closely or have him on minutes restrictions. It's not that hard - but Nate loves his set rotations.