Official Game Thread: Jazz at Hawks

lethalweapon3

8 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Trae stans will argue against this 

I still think we win if he sits this one out.. Oh well. We'll Never now.. Nate rotations went back to shit..

Edited by terrell

13 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

God bless Nate. Coaching Trae has to be hard. I knew he was going to give us this type of game, he should have taken this on off. He didnt look like he had the wind to play. When his shot is off he has to shoot less. Conley would have had 20 assists versus us if Trae had guarded him more.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

My watching the game showed me that we lost it with Jalen.  Jalen... by himself... gave away that 10 point lead that we had.   But that's just a growing pain.   We got a big game tomorrow.   No time to listen to the prisoners of the moment, we have to gird up and ride again. 

Utah played well.   They came out and established the pace by drawing Fouls.   Markennen is stepping into his star potential. 

Him and Beasley hit some amazing shots.

Hunter played very well tonight.

Trae played very good in the 4th quarter.   His First half sucked.

Utah doesn't sneak up on you.  They come out and bust you in the face...  They ran that Curl to Markennen in the lane until we did something to stop it.   Markennen did started making the pass out.   Everything else was just standard play.  I applaud Kessler Walker.   He manhandled our 2nd unit. 

CLINT was DA Man out there. 

JC played good too. 

All in all, there's not a lot of fault to go around.  We ran into a team that was hot from outside and when we were up, we squandered it. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
21 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

His comment about taking open 3s is what I've been saying all season about Nate -- he's either actively telling guys to look for the open middie in space, or at a bare minimum, he's not telling guys to be aggressive with open 3s.  Hunter is back to stepping 2 feet inside the arc to shoot long 2s, Trae did it a couple times, Holiday, etc.  It's not 1990 anymore... we have to shoot open 3s.  No one cares if you want to chuck away from 21 feet all game 

• Like 3

• Premium Member
16 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

:er: :blanky:

Come on... we blame the Coach for putting in the lineup but don't mentioned what happened?  JJ had 3 straight possession where he basically gave the ball away.   That's Nate's fault for having him in the game??  BOO!!!    He didn't know it was about ball control. 

30 minutes ago, terrell said:

God bless Nate. Coaching Trae has to be hard. I knew he was going to give us this type of game, he should have taken this on off. He didnt look like he had the wind to play. When his shot is off he has to shoot less. Conley would have had 20 assists versus us if Trae had guarded him more.

Trae has the most delusional stans outside of Lukas. He was horrible today but his stans will say otherwise

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Hunter got really hot for about 1 minute 45 seconds late in the 4th, Scoring 9 points.

Why can't he always be this aggressive and confident?

Not his personality..  UVA fans used to say the same thing...

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, terrell said:

28 shots is too much.  Regardless..How many games has he shot over 50 percent?

1 game over 50% in the blowout against Detroit.  He has 6 games under 40% this year and most of those are well below 40%.  His shooting has been a huge issue and it's great that we are 7-4 with how poorly he's shot.  

The one good game he's had shooting, he scored basically all of his points within the flow of the offense and just taking what the defense was giving him (mostly a lot of smooth floaters and layups).  He didn't try to force his own shot or rush the floaters as much as we've seen in some of the games hes struggled like tonight.  I'm not really mad he didn't shoot well tonight but what pissed me off was when he started trying to bait fouls for points instead of just getting his teammates involved.

Not really worried about it, but I hope he gets it together quickly.

5 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

1 game over 50% in the blowout against Detroit.  He has 6 games under 40% this year and most of those are well below 40%.  His shooting has been a huge issue and it's great that we are 7-4 with how poorly he's shot.  

The one good game he's had shooting, he scored basically all of his points within the flow of the offense and just taking what the defense was giving him (mostly a lot of smooth floaters and layups).  He didn't try to force his own shot or rush the floaters as much as we've seen in some of the games hes struggled like tonight.  I'm not really mad he didn't shoot well tonight but what pissed me off was when he started trying to bait fouls for points instead of just getting his teammates involved.

Yikes..

• Sad 1

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Come on... we blame the Coach for putting in the lineup but don't mentioned what happened?  JJ had 3 straight possession where he basically gave the ball away.   That's Nate's fault for having him in the game??  BOO!!!    He didn't know it was about ball control. 

Zero TOs, Missed shots????? :laugh1:....naah

https://www.nba.com/stats/events?CFID=&CFPARAMS=&ContextMeasure=FGA&EndPeriod=0&EndRange=28800&GameID=0022200162&PlayerID=1630552&RangeType=0&Season=2022-23&SeasonType=Regular Season&StartPeriod=0&StartRange=0&TeamID=1610612737&flag=3&sct=plot&section=game

Just now, FL_BRYANT said:

3 pt shooting and lack of size will be an issue  until address. Apparently the Hawks don’t feel like they need size. 

I also think the Heurter trade was a bad one.

Yeah we could use a guy like Kessler..But Schlenk probaly thought he was too tall.. smh

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Coincidence we played our best game as a team this season without him? Maybe maybe not..

18 minutes ago, FL_BRYANT said:

3 pt shooting and lack of size will be an issue  until address. Apparently the Hawks don’t feel like they need size. 

I also think the Heurter trade was a bad one.

Huerter has 5 points and 0 reb in 22 min tonight.. Huerter is who he is..Same as Dre.. One good game and meh for the next 5 or so.... He aint helping us much..Especially out there with Trae on defense..

Edited by terrell
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

I'll argue it because he's been shooting everything short all season.  I don't think he was winded at all.  He played pretty good in the 2nd half.

That's just another BS line from Nate, to make up for what he didn't do as a coach tonight.  This team was rolling in the 3rd quarter, and he pulled the plug on them.

• Like 2