• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Rockets

lethalweapon3

8 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

No, believe it or not. I have been heavily weighting that trade.

The good don't outweigh the bad. Capela has been outplaying and producing far more than Ayton this year. His impact on defense is extremely valuable. He's been better in his role which is the same as Ayton. The thing is, we need Capela to add more offensive responsibility and that's just not possible and we need him to add more gravity which once again, is not possible. 

So while he's our most critical player, he is f***ing up our fits outside of the obvious elite one with him and Trae. 

Ayton has underperformed this year. His defense while still good isn't great. His offense has taken a step back. He's having some of the same struggles as JC where they have seem a drop in touches and quality touches at that. Although I will say, Ayton offense has been more consistent than JC of late. Then you add that he's laxxed like Kevin and that's not exactly what we need. He does not have that dog in him like Clint does. 

There is a lot of questions for me with that trade but yesterday told me what I already knew. Murray needs space. While defense will clearly regress with Ayton, Okongwu can play the 4 which means defense will still be closer to 15 than 30. With JC and Ayton, they just don't have enough individual defensive talent with the bigs. 

I just think we need to understand what we are. This current core, ain't it.

I'd give it a little more time with the guys before saying they are not it. 

If I were to trade for Ayton, it'll probably be Clint, OO, and J. Holi out and Ayton and one of their minimum contacts in.  Not endorsing this trade whatsoever at the moment though.

Edited by marco102
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

JCs current struggles are well documented this year, the difference is nobody is going to guard or chase OO off the 3pt line.

And at this point they should treat JC the same. He’s shooting 23% from distance. OO can do better than that crap he just doesn’t wanna sacrifice the wins for the team. 

Again, this wasn’t really a team loss of JC steps up and doesn’t let a rook like Jabari try and punk DM back. Ya whatever DM was a d!ck to tap Jabari on the head but then JC folds like he got scared of the rookie.

JESUS BRO ACT LIKE YOU BEEN IN THE LEAGUE AS LONG AS YOU HAVE. 

DO SOMETHING JC… ANYTHING AT THIS POINT. Make yourself useful and set a damn pick or something.

6 minutes ago, marco102 said:

I'd give it a little more time with the guys before saying they are not it. 

If I were to trade for Ayton, it'll probably be Clint, OO, and J. Holi out and Ayton and one of their minimum contacts in.  Not endorsing this trade whatsoever at the moment though.

There is zero chance I would trade OO in an Ayton deal. We actually need him with Ayton. He becomes critical or our defense just becomes ass. Even JC and Ayton just isn't good enough on that end with Trae. You gotta have plus defenders. Okongwu is a plus defender. 

Ideally

Trae

Murray

Hunter

Okongwu 

Ayton 

Is basically what I see as a core we could build around. Everything fits. You got just enough defense and a lot of offense 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

There is zero chance I would trade OO in an Ayton deal. We actually need him with Ayton. He becomes critical or our defense just becomes ass.

Probably going to be that way anyway considering how much Clint cleans up for this team. 

OO isn't going to be happy backing up Ayton.  He's not a powerforward on the offensive end, so probably best to trade him in that trade and get what you can for him.

Edited by marco102

3 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Probably going to be that way anyway considering how much Clint cleans up for this team. 

No. Not even. The reason why Clint is so critical is his paint protection. Rim protector wise, Okongwu and Capela are similar. Ayton is a good paint protection but his rim protection is average at best. We would need someone next to him who can protect the rim while Ayton protects the paint. The reason Horford and Smoove worked well is because Horford was the paint protector and Smoove was the rim protector. 

3 minutes ago, marco102 said:

OO isn't going to be happy backing up Ayton.  He's not a powerforward on the offensive end, so probably best to trade him in that trade and get what you can for him.

He woildnt be the backup. He would be the starting 4.

Edited by NBASupes

Problems listed in order:

1. Nate- flat out blows.. he stinks 😷 

2. JC doesn’t have basketball skills he just jumps and acts like he’s trying way harder that he is. He shoots 23% from 3. He gets bullied by rookies like Jabari. Come on dude. 12/7/1 those are your numbers. I don’t care about numbers but this guy is one of the main reasons we are killing teams.

3. Hunter- Again inconsistent. One night he’s streaky good the next he stinks. Not worth 100 mill, gimme Torrey Craig instead of Hunter and we are fine.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

No. Not even. The reason why Clint is so critical is his paint protection. Rim protector wise, Okongwu and Capela are similar. Ayton is a good paint protection but his rim protection is average at best. We would need someone next to him who can protect the rim while Ayton protects the paint. The reason Horford and Smoove worked well is because Horford was the paint protector and Smoove was the rim protector. 

But  JC is better at that than OO at this point. If we are talking weakside help defense and blocks. JC's also consistently been the better rebounder.

Edited by marco102
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, marco102 said:

But  JC is better at that than OO at this point. If we are talking weakside help defense and blocks.

No he's not. He was better last year but this year, Okongwu has been clearly better than JC. JC is a goner. He's only on the roster still because all of the trades for him are consolidation trades that just give us backups. No real need to do that type of deal right now. If we get Ayton. JC will likely be traded to a 3rd team like Utah. Okongwu will move to the 4. Someone like Kelly O, Kessler, and Crowder will be our backups in a cost saving trade. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Spud2nique said:

OO had 11 boards last night. JC had 5! Check your stats before you put up outlandish stuff.

Bro loves JC but JC been bad this year. His fit with Murray has been worse than Murray fit with Capela or at least as bad. JC definitely got screwed by the Murray trade. Kevin is happy as ever out of Atlanta. JC will likely be happy too when that day comes

Just now, marco102 said:

Consistently does not mean just last night. 

Factor in playing time smart guy..and it kinda does mean every freakin night.

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

Bro loves JC

He can love him with a poster in his room but don’t come here and say weird stuff like JC rebounds better than OO. JC would even laugh at that.

Just now, Spud2nique said:

You watching the games bro or just monitoring the halls? Keep your eyes 👀 on the game. JC being better gimme a break, dude is a human cone right now.

Actually, I was just trolling about OO because you act like you couldn't quote me with your sly posts, but get this, OO has played like a back up this year and nothing more.  He needs to play better if he expects to start anywhere. 

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Bro loves JC but JC been bad this year. His fit with Murray has been worse than Murray fit with Capela or at least as bad. JC definitely got screwed by the Murray trade. Kevin is happy as ever out of Atlanta. JC will likely be happy too when that day comes

This could all also be on Nate. He’s horrible. I don’t know whose worse right now, JC as a player or Nate as the coach.

I would trade JC and Nate lol to the Jazz for Lauri and Clarkson or Kramer or whomever AND HARDY 😂 

Does Nate work on his coaching craft. I don’t think he is fully using his brain right now. His plays are straight a$$.