• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Rockets

lethalweapon3

24 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Just for perspective:

Trae and DJM:   27 - 52 FG . . . 12 - 23 3FG . . 8 assists . . 7 turnovers . . 83 points

Rest of the starters:  5 - 19 FG . . . 0 - 10 3FG . . 21 rebounds . . 4 blocks . . 20 points

AJ had 5 shots . . . for 11 points

Exactly why they take all the shots.  The other guys can’t convert and pass back to the guards almost immediately.  
We lost because the other starters can’t hit an open three, make a play, or get a rebound.  I feel like we lost this mostly on the glass.  If Capela plays we have a lob threat, better D, and definitely would get more rebounds. 
Too many FT misses in the 4th killed us as well.  They wasted a master game from Dejounte.  What the other starters produced was embarrassing.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Bonkers said:

U know what, earlier today on twitter there was a poll goin around that said something like:

Ja Morant, Shai Gilgeous-Alexander, Trae Young...cut one

And most people cut Trae...I completely understand why most people said that

Last summer I said we should send Trae and a pick back home to OKC for SGA and GIddey and got creamed on here.. 

No way OKC would do that now...

Ill probably get creamed again for bringing it up.. lol

Edited by terrell
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

Exactly why they take all the shots.  The other guys can’t convert and pass back to the guards almost immediately.  
We lost because the other starters can’t hit an open three, make a play, or get a rebound.  I feel like we lost this mostly on the glass.  If Capela plays we have a lob threat, better D, and definitely would get more rebounds. 
Too many FT misses in the 4th killed us as well.  They wasted a master game from Dejounte.  What the other starters produced was embarrassing.  

Murray wouldn't have had the game he had today if Capela played. 

It was definitely their fault for being selfish in the 4th quarter. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

I know most of you hate +/- and don't care about points added and saved or ratings so please don't respond but OO the only starter with a positive one because he actually did try on the glass.

Yall gonna learn about real impact and inflation at some point.  I would hope anyway.

That stat is fools gold for this game.

I don't know what game ya'll watched tonight, but Okongwu was not good tonight.  He got 5 of those 11 rebounds in the 4th quarter, with the last one he got leading to an immediate turnover and score the other way. 

He and especially Kaminsky, did not secure defensive rebounds tonight at all when the Rockets crashed the boards.  JC and Dre didn't help either.  Capela would've had 20+ rebounds in a game like this, including about 4 putbacks for scores.

Here are Houston's 22 offensive rebounds for tonight.  Tell me what do you see here?  I see guys not putting a body on people and simply getting outworked to get to the ball.

Video and Shotcharts | Stats | NBA.com

• Like 3

Just now, NBASupes said:

Murray wouldn't have had the game he had today if Capela played. 

It was definitely their fault for being selfish in the 4th quarter. 

Murray and CC dont fit at all....Its kinda like Westbrook and Capela

• Like 1

1 minute ago, terrell said:

Last summer I said we should send Trae and a pick back home to OKC for SGA and GIddey and got creamed on here.. 

No way OKC would do that now...

Ill probably get creamed again for bringing it up.. lol

You know that would never fly on here. Everytime I think we should trade Trae, I go to the mall in Houston and see JC posters and Trae jerseys for sale and that never ever happened before Trae since Nique and the Hawks attendance is 103.8. It's never been above 90% before Trae. Trae is box office. He will likely never be moved till a new regime comes in town

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Glad I missed the game, was just checking the boxscore, won't even bother to watch it.

An excellent offensive game by our star guards for 3 quarters.  But the Rockets kept hanging around.  Bench unit + Dejounte immediately let them back in the game.  In the 4th, our guards didn't execute and we didn't get stops.  We even missed 7 FTs in the 4th quarter.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I don't know what game ya'll watched tonight, but Okongwu was not good tonight.  He got 5 of those 11 rebounds in the 4th quarter, with the last one he got leading to an immediate turnover and score the other way. 

He and especially Kaminsky, did not secure defensive rebounds tonight at all when the Rockets crashed the boards.  JC and Dre didn't help either.  Capela would've had 20+ rebounds in a game like this, including about 4 putbacks for scores.

Here are Houston's 22 offensive rebounds for tonight.  Tell me what do you see here?  I see guys not putting a body on people and simply getting outworked to get to the ball.

Of course you now think it's fools gold because you believe his impact wasn't what it was but I am here to say his +/- is accurate and deserved. He played solid.

1 minute ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

OO looks horrible for 6th pick in the draft.

Trading 8 and 17 for Hunter 4 looks even worse

But Dre and JC extensions takes the cake.........

Huerter for breadcrumbs is just icing on the cake....

3 1st and a bunch of swaps for Murray tbd

Watching AJ develop is the only think keeping me interesed in this team this season tbh..

We better show some resemblece of a TEAM next game...

I know its hard for Trae and Murray when your GM put a bunch of scrubs around you, but still.....

Get well soon CC..

• Like 1

1 minute ago, marco102 said:

Did you watch the game? The backcourt was hot in the first half, but that lead to them not running anything in the third. You can't expect other players to shoot well if they don't touch the ball and aren't in rhythm.

There is a right way to take 52 shots in a game. Tonight they didn't do that. They were looking off everyone to clank bricks. It is our guards job to get their teammates involved and they failed.

Prime example, why did AJ only get 4 shots and he came in cooking. You want to know why? Selfish basketball from Trae and Murray. I'm generally one of the last to say someone is being selfish, but if you saw the way they looked others off to stat pad, then you should come to the same conclusion.

And nothing will change... Nate just watches while it happens..... I saw AJ calling for the ball after hitting 3 consecutive shots and Trae just looked him off.. smh..

1 hour ago, terrell said:

Yall dont wont to here this,especially Northcyde, but

It will be hard for any non pg to produce on this team. Trae eats the ball for an entire possession and then expects the other 4 players to play 4 on 5 on defense. Then wants to outshine his teammates.

Hunter and Collins are doomed because you rarely touch the ball, and can't get a rhythm. James Harden Jr.

With that said Dre and JC are mid as hell....

When Trae has it going like he did tonight, I definitely don't have a problem with him shooting the ball that many times.

We have guys on this team who THINK they deserve shots.  But when they get them, it's Brick City.

Hunter was 0 - 6 from 3 tonight and 3 - 12 FG for the game.  Collins was 0 - 4 from 3.  The one guy that deserved more shots is AJ, especially when he came out hot. But if Trae and Dejounte have it going like this, the other guys have to suck it up a little and lock in on defense and grab rebounds, in order to make the total team contributions.

• Thanks 1

Unless the Hawks have Capela or better Rudy Gobert, they will always have issues protecting the paint. Okongwu is an excellent rim protector but he's not a paint protector at all. Ayton is a good paint protector but even then, he's a far cry from the Capelas of the world much less Rudy. 

Capela value is priceless on D. Paint protection for us is critical. When you got the WOAT, you gotta protect him in every way and shape

Just now, NBASupes said:

So we have Murray(who everyone says is a great defeder), Dre(same thing), and OO(same thing) in the starting 5 and cant stop tanking team from scoring? Good grief..

But of course AJ cant play much because hes too bad at Defense? smh

3 minutes ago, terrell said:

And nothing will change... Nate just watches while it happens..... I saw AJ calling for the ball after hitting 3 consecutive shots and Trae just looked him off.. smh..

Nate even ran a play for him. Did he get the ball. No

• Like 1
  • Sad 1