• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Rockets

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, marco102 said:

lol I'm hoping for 13-8 cause I fear what you may post otherwise!

Nate should take cover! 

Ha! The one thing I am confident in regardless of our W/L record is I'm not a fan of Nate's offensive philosophy.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Ya your boy needs to chill with the summer league touching people’s heads too. It’s too much for the pros.

They acted like the Knicks in our playoffs series.  Cocky when front running and taking L's left and right.

I miss the quiet swag of the 20-21 team. They knew they could beat anyone and just out executed people to show it.  There's no room for that type of showboating on a tanking team.

Every good team has a bad loss or two during the season, but this one was TERRIBAD!

I've never been confident that Nate is the type of coach to win us a ship because he was too boring on offense and didn't utilize players effectively and often enough, but games like tonight just further reinforce that for me. We need a better more imaginative offensive scheme.

Please trade Collins. I like him, but he doesn't fit.

We need a true backup big - OO ain't it yet. And it sucks that both our "centers" are so offensively challenged.

Hunter...ugh. I won't go there.

I don't know if AJ is the truth or not, but he needs to steal as many minutes from Hunter as possible until the latter starts playing like a reliable SF.

Trae and DJ...smh. Hero ball got you what? A filled up box score and a f'n loss. Kudos!

Our bench sucks aside from AJ - please get well soon, Bogi.

At this rate, we'll make the playoffs...only to get shelled. We're pretenders right now. A whole bunch of mis-matchy parts that, when put together, play well enough to win most of the time, but not well enough to threaten for a championship. 

If this team, aside from AJ, isn't completely ashamed and embarrassed by their performance last night, they should all return their game checks.

Edited by TheTruth
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, georgia said:

We resemble the blazer of cj ad dame.   2 players.     And that’s it 

Those two fit. It's the other parts that didn't to the degree it needed to. They always needed a better 3 and 4 than they had available especially a big wing which they lacked.

How do we solve a problem like JC.

I realize he’s gonna go to another team and thrive like Huerter and that points to one constant and that’s …

NATE!!!! 😡 

I realize the players play the game but Nate is like Doc, I think he’s done. Get one of the young bright minds in here or somebody from the Celtics X front office that hasn’t molested or had sex with people in the organization. 

So how long are we putting up with Nate? Is that 25 games as well or the end of the season. Wonder where ownership is on this.

One thing that stinks is…if we fire Nate, how far can we go with an interim coach? Honestly, I think we can’t do much worse with the talent we have now. 

This win one lose one thing, that’s not why DM was brought here. He was brought here to WWL if anything. I’ll take .66 but .500 I can’t roll with, not with the talent on this team.

Fix it. I’m usually patient but I’m sorry we can’t lose to the worst team in the NBA and I don’t care if it’s on their floor. They have a second year guy in Jalen and a rookie in Jabari. We have vets. We needed to win.

I don’t like the moment and this loss specially was annoying to me. I usually don’t get pissed off this early but we deserve a lil better brand of WINNING. F the stats and the nimbers, I want W’s.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Just try not to overreact one way or another.

I usually do panic but I’m not content with our performance based on our ceiling and what we are capable of doing to these teams. Im sorry but the Rockets can’t be beating us.

The Lebron Heat, ya, I mean it was a prime Lebron thought with Wade, Bosh, Allen. I mean, we have a backcourt right now and a couple bench guys that need to play more in AJ and OO. 

I’ll be patient but I'm not feeling very happy with us right now.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Dnice said:

Right spud, DJs head tap and then to lose a double digit lead to a bottom team in the league makes him look clownish, overall the team does too.

Again, I like our team a lot and I guess we could be going through a funk but when you split the last 10 or 12 games with our talent, something’s gotta give soon.

I don’t really want Prunty at all either but who knows maybe he’s different than head man Nate. Nate is too predictable and his coaching instincts seem to be average at best.

JC ain’t being 💯 million dollar man.

Hunter ain’t being a 💯 million dollar man.

And get back to basics and stop bouncing the ball off your opponents. I was getting tired of Trae Nut megging people but he’s stopped that now, DM is even older wtf, just play your game man, we get it, you’re tough, we like it a lot, USE THAT ISH ON THE COURT NOT WITH 🤡 TAPS.

Grow up and get to work.

Happy Holidays though. 😊 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

ATTENTION HAWKS!

The Squawk has spoken!  Are you listning?  You should be.....

This crap must cease!  Win a game.  Lose a game.  Going nowhere fast.

Right now, Hawks prepare to get blown away in the first round if we can possibly hold on and get there.  Do something to stir things up or else pay the consequences.

Do a trade!  Fire the coach!  Who wants to go?  Who wants to stay?  Who wants to win more than every other game?  I fear a players only meeting will not work.  Too afraid to speak their mind.

Fix Capela's teeth!  We need him terribly bad !!

🧑‍🔧Still work to do!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

Do a trade!  Fire the coach!  Who wants to go?  Who wants to stay?  Who wants to win more than every other game?  I fear a players only meeting will not work.  Too afraid to speak their mind.

Fix Capela's teeth!  We need him terribly bad !!

Even like Northcyde mentioned a players only meeting? And at that meeting, JC needs to speak 🗣️ up and say LET ME EAT TOO!!! Does he wanna eat? He was giving us double doubles like crazy. Now he’s not even a threat because of his low three point shooting. That does bode well with the fact that he has zero post up game. His game needs to be out speeding people, he won’t put muscle anybody.

Have the meeting. Realize it’s a marathon but also realize time goes by fast and there are short term goals as well. Take the games in stretches, whatever just win more. 

Atlanta deserves a dominant Hawks team. The landscape of the NBA isn’t dominant. We can be that team. Let’s step up and win like 10 outta the next 12 or something. We aren’t a .500 pace team.

Meeting doesn’t work, then possibly some changes. Give it till Xmas? We got a month! 

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
13 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:
14 hours ago, terrell said:

I just don't get the terrible hot takes every time we lose a game.

How long have you been here? I'm surprised you are surprised. 😆 

Anyway as much as this loss stinks, it still only counts as one loss. Tons of lessons to be learned by EVERYONE in this collapse. You gotta play 48 minutes. How the team as a whole moves on from this will be telling.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1