• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Nets

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member

No such things as moral victories. That's something you tell children to get them to stop crying after a loss. We lost a game we should have won. It was great to see Trae and Bogi finally get shots to drop but we should have won this game. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• Premium Member
Just now, TheNorthCydeRises said:

5 missed 3s by JJ . . . all of them virtually wide open.

Get in the gym young fella.

Is he a 3pt shooter though, it's the sane issue with Collins as a stationary 3pt shooter. Get him.on the move.

• Like 2

• Moderators
Just now, Diesel said:

JJ had the hardest but simplest assignment.. Stay on KD... ON 3 different occasions in the 4th.. He Left or let them get a switch.  And KD hit a wide open 3. 

JJ missed Rebounds.  Long rebounds just sailed right by him.   

If you're not going to stay on KD and you're not going to grab the rebound, why are you out there for damn near 35 minutes????

Limited options.  Kid is basically a rookie so I don’t take him over the coals.  Learn, grow, and get back in the gym and keep working.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
Just now, Sothron said:

No such things as moral victories. That's something you tell children to get them to stop crying after a loss. We lost a game we should have won. It was great to see Trae and Bogi finally get shots to drop but we should have won this game. 

We played Well.. but give them credit, they played well too.   Irving played really well.   I wish we would have subbed JJ for Culver or OO..

I miss JC.   

• Like 1

I know some people will say a moral victory in a professional sport is a waste of time, but I truly believe this kind of gritty performance is gonna help us in the short and long term. Could we have boxed out better? Sure. Cut down on giving them open looks? Absolutely. But the heart and energy we played with for all 48 minutes will only leave us in good stead moving forward when DJM and company get back.

Great to see Bogi back also. With his shooting being like it can be(As shown tonight) and when the aforementioned DJM and company return, we will be a force to be reckoned with in each and every game.

Alas though, I must now see what time Advance Auto Parts opens in the morning so I can get some cleaning supplies.:cray2:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Is he a 3pt shooter though, it's the sane issue with Collins as a stationary 3pt shooter. Get him.on the move.

Yeah.. but if JCs shot aint falling at Least he's playing defense and rebounding. 

What did we get from JJ?

• Premium Member
Just now, Alf said:

I know some people will say a moral victory in a professional sport is a waste of time, but I truly believe this kind of gritty performance is gonna help us in the short and long term. Could we have boxed out better? Sure. Cut down on giving them open looks? Absolutely. But the heart and energy we played with for all 48 minutes will only leave us in good stead moving forward when DJM and company get back.

Great to see Bogi back also. With his shooting being like it can be(As shown tonight) and when the aforementioned DJM and company return, we will be a force to be reckoned with in each and every game.

Alas though, I must now see what time Advance Auto Parts opens in the morning so I can get some cleaning supplies.:cray2:

My only thing is I don't know if we will see Championship Bogi consistently.   We wasted Championship Bogi.  One thing that Trae has to learn and memorize.. Keep feeding the hot hand.   Feed the hot hand until it's the size of a turkey!

• Like 1

• Premium Member

For those who blame Nate...
It's hard to applaud our team who are three starters down and then Blame the coach for losing to a good team in a tight game. 

I wish Nate would have subbed out JJ.. but Idk.

I think all of his other subs were very timely.   His plays worked very well.   IN the 4th, I think we did better than we have of late.   I haven't poured over the stats but I think our gameplan was good. 

• Premium Member

I'm not gonna nitpick.. he had a tough task guarding KD.

I like Trent Forrest.

Trent is a player!!  He just knows the game and has confidence.  He's a keper.  I'm not mad at AHoli either.. but for a Young guy, Trent is good.  Almost makes me forget about getting Delon Back.

I like Trent Forrest's game.

Note to Mr. JBH...   She's just looking at his game!!

😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

And AD misses the last FT . . . they go to OT.

Sixers basically blew a 9 point lead with under 30 seconds to go.  Lakers missed 2 FTs down the stretch, or they would've lost.

Hawks are in 6th if the Sixers lose.

You ruined me... Watching these games watching Harden Carry...

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

Ressler cheap ass should’ve hired them Jewish protestors to sit court side and heckle Kyrie.  He went ballistic in the 3rd.

Hey You Dont Say That GIFs | Tenor

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

No he didn't travel for the road trip.

I think he may get traded next week....

☹️