• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Bulls at Hawks

lethalweapon3

Regardless of how this game ends, it seems pretty clear that the Hawks are in the same tier in the East as the Bulls and teams like the Raptors. When the other teams in your tier are contemplating blowing it up, it’s not a great sign for where you sit.

Maybe now that Trae's shot is starting to fall, we can finally run him off of screens like Bogi and AJ. I see the sets and action when they are on the court. Trae or Nate needs to be a man of their word and run the action. I don't know who, but one of them is lying about Trae running off of screens more this year. 

Wow... Brooklyn has scored 91 points in the first half and lead a short-handed Golden State by 40 points. 
I've been watching the NBA a looooong time and can't remember a team with 91 points in the first half.  

• Premium Member
Just now, LucastheThird said:

Maybe now that Trae's shot is starting to fall, we can finally run him off of screens like Bogi and AJ. I see the sets and action when they are on the court. Trae or Nate needs to be a man of their word and run the action. I don't know who, but one of them is lying about Trae running off of screens more this year. 

Sounds great in theory...except 1. It's Nate and 2. Who's gonna get him the ball without turning it over.

Just now, LongTimeFan said:

Wow... Brooklyn has scored 91 points in the first half and lead a short-handed Golden State by 40 points. 
I've been watching the NBA a looooong time and can't remember a team with 91 points in the first half.  

Woah!!!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

The guy you're complaining about taking 14 shots, has also made 6 three pointers and gone 9 - 9 FT . . and is +1 for the game.

If he wasn't completely on tonight, we'd be down by 30 right now.

This.. 

2 minutes ago, LongTimeFan said:

Just looked it up and Phoenix scored 107 in 1990 and Golden State (ironically) scored 92 in 2018.  Both games were against the Nuggets.

2 minutes ago, LucastheThird said:

Trae will not deign to run off a screen. 

6 minutes ago, Bonkers said:

Haven't been watching the game but from the boxscore I see that AJ has taken 2 shots while you know who has taken 14 damn shots

And of course they're losing 61-51

SMH and wtf is Murray and Dre doin???

Yeah.....if only he'd taken 7 shots so we could be down 25. 

🙄

• Haha 1

Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

Sounds great in theory...except 1. It's Nate and 2. Who's gonna get him the ball without turning it over.

But we get Bogi and AJ the ball in this action, without Trae. It happened for both just tonight and AJ hit one 3. The action works and Trae is a good shooter from December through the end of the year. 

If Nate has the action and will run it for other players with success, then why not your most primetime shooter? This makes no sense. It comes down to Nate or Trae. Either Nate won't run it for Trae for some reason or Trae refuses to run when it's called. But someone is lying about wanting to run it for Trae more cause they both say they want to.

9 minutes ago, terrell said:

Cant believe we're paying JC and Dre 200+ million... Lord have mercy..

Dont make it worse by Maxing DJM..

Hawks will probably make a comeback and make it close, but this team aint it.... Parts dont fit..

The big thing about Dre and JC, is that they don't get "energy points". 

There are players in this league that can get 6 points a game, just off of pure hustle.  Whether it's getting to a loose ball, grabbing an offensive rebound, or just running hard down the floor on a fast break, those type of guys find ways to score, even if a play isn't called for them.

Collins at the 4, doesn't give us that.  Dre, at any position, doesn't give us that at all.

Dejounte can do it, when he has his defense going and creating deflections for steals.  Capela obviously does it.  Who else on the team does it? 

Maybe AJ?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, terrell said:

Regardless of how this game ends, it seems pretty clear that the Hawks are in the same tier in the East as the Bulls and teams like the Raptors. When the other teams in your tier are contemplating blowing it up, it’s not a great sign for where you sit.

We have a lot of talent but ZERO chemistry.  Bad body language too.  Trae finally seems to be getting it going and now Murray looks like he's lost his confidence. 

I haven't really been on the fire Nate train, but maybe the guys just need a new voice or something.  We look awful on offense.  Just everyone has a complete lack of awareness.  

2 minutes ago, LongTimeFan said:

Just looked it up and Phoenix scored 107 in 1990 and Golden State (ironically) scored 92 in 2018.  Both games were against the Nuggets.

Brooklyn up by 40 and scored 91 points in the 1st half?  LOL

Then I look across the league, and see Indiana up by 28 over Boston at halftime . . . and Cleveland up by 20 late in the 3rd quarter over Milwaukee.

Our 10 point deficit seems like nothing, compared to that.

• Thanks 1