• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Bulls at Hawks

lethalweapon3

25 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Looking at it again, it's Bogi's fault.   Bogi let Dosunmu come in untouched.  He's supposed to seal him off.  Just like JC was Boxing out Williams.  Bogi should have boxed out his closest man and he didn't.  OO was just there too.

So was Dejounte, who was actually closest to the ball when Dosunmu grabbed it.

• Premium Member
47 minutes ago, BrazilianHawk said:

See, the only possessions in which we didn't score were the ones Trae and Dejounte went ISO an chose to take impossible shots.  Going ISO wasn't great... at all. It seldom works for us, and it doesn't really matter whether all the other teams do the same or not. Perhaps it works for them, but for us it's been really bad. There's absolutely no reason to try to milk the clock when up 4 with 2 minutes left. 

If we weren't going to stop the Bulls, then it would have been better to stick with what was working for us. 

Uhm...  DJMs miss wasn't really an ISO.. On the JB, they gave us 14 seconds.  Ball swung to DJM and he had like 2 seconds.

17 minutes ago, BrazilianHawk said:

See, the only possessions in which we didn't score were the ones Trae and Dejounte went ISO an chose to take impossible shots.  Going ISO wasn't great... at all. It seldom works for us, and it doesn't really matter whether all the other teams do the same or not. Perhaps it works for them, but for us it's been really bad. There's absolutely no reason to try to milk the clock when up 4 with 2 minutes left. 

If we weren't going to stop the Bulls, then it would have been better to stick with what was working for us. 

Trae went ISO and got a layup vs Dosunmu.  When he went ISO vs DeRozan, he didn't get to the rim, but he created some space on a step back to get the shot off.

Dejounte went ISO and scored on a nice up and under move.  The 2nd time he went ISO, he ended up taking a very tough fadeaway shot.

Then you had Trae going ISO, making a great pass to Okongwu. On the last possession, it was push the ball up and he threw a pass to OO that he went and got.  That was a very risky pass, but Trae has no fear.

End of game offense wasn't the issue tonight.  This was all about the defense being unable to get stops.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, marco102 said:

AJ only had 21 minutes and had 3 steals, 4 threes, and 3 rebounds.  Even though he spent most of his time with the unit that went -15 in like 6 minutes.  He hit huge shots. The kid is special and Nate sure as hell should have  played him more.

AJ has to get more aggressive with his shot when he's on, but that will come with time. I'm actually glad Bogi is here to teach him.

Ressler already worrying about the  big extension AJ is earning

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

End of game offense wasn't the issue tonight.  This was all about the defense being unable to get stops.

It was really about Chicago's big two making big shots. 

I don't consider any of the shots that LaVine and DeRozen in that stretch were all that easy.  It's the shot that you say.. I can live with you hitting that.   They just hit a few of those in a row.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Diesel said:

True indeed...

Was logging to ponder that very thought.  Like, I'm mad at Collins for tryna chest the ball instead of catch it.  But he had just completed an excellent box out so his timing was probably off.

Then I got mad that Bogd kinda let the Bull walk past him in the scrum instead of putting a body on him.

But, at the end of the day, why was he even on the floor in the first place?!

Did iRobot not get enough unclutch D from him in the last CHI game?!

How?

Why?

Whyow?!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Was logging to ponder that very thought.  Like, I'm mad at Collins for tryna chest the ball instead of catch it.  But he had just completed an excellent box out so his timing was probably off.

Then I got mad that Bogd kinda let the Bull walk past him in the scrum instead of putting a body on him.

But, at the end of the day, why was he even on the floor in the first place?!

Did iRobot not get enough unclutch D from him in the last CHI game?!

How?

Why?

Whyow?!

Bogi's lack of situational awareness is bind boggling on defense.  Just WOW!

I just can't with iRobot!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, warcore said:

Was just hopping on to make sure it was noted that Bogi lost us that game by not boxing out his man. 

And why in the hell was Bogi on the court for a final defensive possession? When he's one of the worst defenders in the game?

NATE - you lost us that game. Your subs are just plain stupid. 

dumbass....

But tell us how you really feel, warc. 😁

Yeah Bogd bares blame but the lionshare goes to whoever thought it was smart for him to even be out there.  We don't come back without that stretch where Bogd and swAG's shooting showed up.  But he had no business being in on that last possession.

To the Hawks' credit tho, they forced a bad shot that missed terribly.  Just gotta finish by securing the reboard. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, warcore said:

should have been 4 rebounds if Nate wasn't such an idiot

Nate has cost us 4-6 games this year alone. For a head coach to personally screw up 4 times in 32 games, it’s not great. Nate isn’t gonna be the one. I hope I’m wrong but at some point a change is coming.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 3

• Premium Member
15 minutes ago, warcore said:

Was just hopping on to make sure it was noted that Bogi lost us that game by not boxing out his man. 

And why in the hell was Bogi on the court for a final defensive possession? When he's one of the worst defenders in the game?

NATE - you lost us that game. Your subs are just plain stupid. 

dumbass....

giphy.gif

• Haha 3