• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Warriors

lethalweapon3

2 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

The Hawks aren't bad enough to get a top 5 pick.  And just being in the lottery isn't going to help this team.

We need veteran All-Star talent on this team.  Not a potential one that will be a rookie.

You do realize how good the NBA is this year? Look at some of the teams in the 6-10 range. They have actually beat us when we were healthy. We aren't top 5 bad but we don't have to be. The new odds make it possible for us to be in the top 4 a lot better than before. 

Edited by NBASupes

This is a dead team. You can't fire Nate because no one wants to coach a team with high expectations and no fit with limited wiggle room and an owner that doesn't want to pay the LT. 

Ya'lll gonna join my side sooner than later. I am just happy the wheels have fallen. 

We need another premium asset. A cheap one as well. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member
Just now, TheNorthCydeRises said:

The cutting that the Warriors do is just fantastic.

They move with a purpose on offense, even when they don't have the ball.

We don't have an offense that calls for this. Everyone stands around looking at the guy with the ball.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

The Hawks aren't bad enough to get a top 5 pick.  And just being in the lottery isn't going to help this team.

We need veteran All-Star talent on this team.  Not a potential one that will be a rookie.

You mean like what Cleveland got? smfh

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

We don't have an offense that calls for this. Everyone stands around looking at the guy with the ball.

I can't wait till I hear posters saying this is what we need when we got a star who NEVER moves without the ball killing us in that way. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

You do realize how good the NBA is this year? Look at some of the teams in the 6-10 range. They have actually beat us when we were healthy. We aren't top 5 bad but we don't have to be. The new odds make it possible for us to be in the top 4 a lot better than before. 

Rookie talent isn't going to get us there though.

We need established veteran all-star level talent.

Playing the Wembanyama sweepstakes is a long shot at best, because if you don't get him, there's only 1 guy that could immediately help this team right now.  And it's this guy . .

But if we get him, we need to get rid of Dre.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Jody23 said:

We often get on certain guys for selfish play when in reality, the way this team is coached fosters it.

Selfish play isn't the problem with this team.  People hate it when Trae takes it upon himself to take a lot of shots.

Well look what is happening in this game.  Hawks are 2 - 16 from 3, with Trae making the only 2 outside shots.

AJ only had 1 shot in 9 minutes, because the other people are too busy trying to shoot their midrange shot, because they can't make a 3.

Regardless of what people think about Trae Young, he is by far our best offensive player.  He has to have the ball in his hands, and he has to have the unconditional discretion to either shoot the ball or create for others. 

All of this "ball movement" is pointless, if people can't make shots.

So keep it in the hands of the guys who can score points by multiple means.

Just now, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Rookie talent isn't going to get us there though.

We need established veteran all-star level talent.

Playing the Wembanyama sweepstakes is a long shot at best, because if you don't get him, there's only 1 guy that could immediately help this team right now.  And it's this guy . .

But if we get him, we need to get rid of Dre.

Rookie talent unless it's Wemby or Scoot won't change our path but it gives us a damn get a jail card. Right now, getting a 12-16 pick ain't doing shit for us. No one is trading significant assets for that range. 

I agree, if we can get Miller from Bama, you trade Dre heads would finally have me on board as I just need someone who can guard big wings and be versatile on defense. Miller can do that and has far more offensive upside. Basically, the next PG13 when he matures. He got it all. I've seen his games and he's legit the next stud big wing. Considering Dre's value to the league, we can always get a lot for him on the open market. Too many teams need big wings. They are a premium. 

The NBA just too strong this year. Look at Toronto, they still solid but being solid just gets you in the lottery in 2022. The NBA just too strong this year. Only teams who suck just are too young. They don't really suck anymore. Everyone got talent.