• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Official NBASupes, Sothron, and theCampster Insider Thread - NBA 2022-23 Season

NBASupes

• Premium Member
40 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Most likely moves on either team is Reid and Justin Holiday

So, iow, nothing likely.

I dunno.

Think something significant goes down if we assume we go to NOLA 7-6, or even 8-5 since CC got back.

• Premium Member

All the talk about potential trades is interesting, but is ownership EVER going to pay the luxury tax to field a serious team?  I have strong doubts as I think putting money in pockets (even at the expense of the team on court) will remain the top priority.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Some big names are picking up steam. Seems like Toronto is planning to make a major splash for both winning and rebuilding. 

Ayton is still a hot name. Toronto is willing to trade for him. FVV is getting a lot of looks to PHX. 

Capela has gotten calls from Phoenix as recently as this week. That said, Atlanta and them aren't close. 

Atlanta lack of not being close is what's stopping the most open team to a trade from making a trade. 

Seems like OG is going west. 

Minnesota and Atlanta seem like they are riding this out. 

Most likely moves on either team is Reid and Justin Holiday

Washington is looking to buy. 

As well as Toronto who is also selling. 

Toronto has interest in Murray if he ever became available which he's not as of right now. 

Lakers are willing to buy for the right price. 

Zach LaVine is getting a lot of traction but many think this summer is when a move will be made. 

Gordon Hayward, Rozier, and Plumlee are available. 

Some rumbling out of Brooklyn that Simmons could be available. This is the one trade I could see Atlanta doing for JC and willing to pay the LT. 

Reddish is likely to go but to who, no one knows. Knicks want too much is what I've heard. 

Watch for Gary Trent Jr. And Dillion Brooks

Dallas is very willing to trade three 1sts for an upgrade. They just want the right deal. 

Toronto is both a buyer and a seller?

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Yes.   What do the Suns get out of this?  I think you could send Capela to the Suns and Bogi to the Raptors and they'd be happier.  Toronto saves $10 million and gets picks.  

Both Suns and Raptors are mid-ing like us.. They know they need to swap some parts. I think you're correct that Bogi and Cap are interchangeable here. Suns and Raps don't need cap relief as much as culture change. Toronto's problem is they have too many forwards. Suns problem is they just need to ship out Ayton.

I'm not sure if picks are needed to juice this trade if you can convince them a culture change is important to their team.

Edited by theheroatl

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

Both Suns and Raptors are mid-ing like us.. They know they need to swap some parts. I think you're correct that Bogi and Cap are interchangeable here. Suns and Raps don't need cap relief as much as culture change. Toronto's problem is they have too many forwards. Suns problem is they just need to ship out Ayton.

I'm not sure if picks are needed to juice this trade if you can convince them a culture change is important to their team.

The Suns lose a young, really good center though and only get a creaky old wing they have to pay $18 million next year.   They've got plenty of those.  So i think Suns aren't interested in that.  If they get Capela that makes them better on the court.   

The Raptors would have to really want JC and I'm not sure about that.  It saves them money so if that's a motivation then maybe but JC is a downgrade from Siakam so they are basically retooling but they'll need picks or something.