• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Official NBASupes, Sothron, and theCampster Insider Thread - NBA 2022-23 Season

NBASupes

18 minutes ago, AHF said:

I'd love him in a JC+something for AD type of deal.  Not in a Trae for AD type deal.

Can I sell you on a DLo for Trae swap?  Or any of the other deals folks are touting that benefit LAL only? 😐

13 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Agreed, but some of the statements made here such as "nobody wants AD" are laughable. 

You know I love you, bleachk (ok, maybe not "love"), but you're missing this one.

AD is a lazy player that constantly complains about his role.  The fantastic defense you saw is what he doesn't want to do.  The only reason he's doing it is because Lebron won't let him coast.  The 'nobody wants AD' brigade is acknowledging that he's not going to give max effort once he's out from under James' influence.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, sturt said:

Based on Koonin's comments, this is the crux of his concern... a championship team needs a Jimmy.

Now, who shares his concern?

Does the owner? (The easy hunch says "hell yeah"... but we don't know that.)

Does the GM? (Well, so far, he sure does seem to talk a lot like the owner... ie, "we have to define what it is to be a 'Hawk'")

Most critically... does the coach? (That one, I defy anyone to offer strong evidence either way... he never let himself really be committed to much beyond a seeming conviction that the Trae/DJ experiment is going to be successful.)

Before we go into the long diatribe about getting a Jimmy.  I think that line is disrespectful to Trae.   Trae is better than Jimmy.    As Alphas go, Trae is our Jimmy and he does a very good job being that. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Diesel said:

Before we go into the long diatribe about getting a Jimmy.  I think that line is disrespectful to Trae.   Trae is better than Jimmy.    As Alphas go, Trae is our Jimmy and he does a very good job being that. 

Better than Jimmy in points per game and assists per game. But in terms of his impact on winning, Jimmy is superior. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Better than Jimmy in points per game and assists per game. But in terms of his impact on winning, Jimmy is superior. 

Jimmy looks good in Miami wins.   Trae is the main reason why the Hawks win.  This idea of playoff Jimmy is great because Miami's whole team defers to Jimmy and when they win, it's on Jimmy (it seems).  However, Trae is the maestro of Atlanta.  The 27/10 are not empty calories my friend. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Would you do this trade?

Jalen Brown  for:

Collins

AJ

Jalen Johnson

Kings first and Hawks later first

With very little regrets. 

I would hate to lose AJ because he's going to be special but JB would make our window open now. 

Hunter would have to learn to play PF. 

4 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Would you do this trade?

Jalen Brown  for:

Collins

AJ

Jalen Johnson

Gosh that's tough... it feels like we're giving up a tad bit much.

Losing AJ sucks -- he's a keeper. But considering JB plays his same position, I can accept it. But then there's the question of "what if AJ turns out to be the better pairing with Trae due to his better off ball game?" comes into play. 

What really hurts is losing JJ. He's that frontcourt player that the offense can go through. And uniquely, not because of his scoring talents; but because the way he sees the floor, makes the right passes, and affects the game on both ends. 

The extra Hawks picks feels like overkill in this package. But if you take JJ out and replace him with say a Bruno, those picks belong there. 

All in all, I'd prefer a package centered around DJ and one of JC/Dre, with us taking back an expiring from them. Mainly because I don't think our management plans on paying DJ next summer if we still have Dre/JC/ and soon OO locked into big contracts (in addition to Trae, Bogi, CC). 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, warcore said:

Gosh that's tough... it feels like we're giving up a tad bit much.

Losing AJ sucks -- he's a keeper. But considering JB plays his same position, I can accept it. But then there's the question of "what if AJ turns out to be the better pairing with Trae due to his better off ball game?" comes into play. 

What really hurts is losing JJ. He's that frontcourt player that the offense can go through. And uniquely, not because of his scoring talents; but because the way he sees the floor, makes the right passes, and affects the game on both ends. 

The extra Hawks picks feels like overkill in this package. But if you take JJ out and replace him with say a Bruno, those picks belong there. 

All in all, I'd prefer a package centered around DJ and one of JC/Dre, with us taking back an expiring from them. Mainly because I don't think our management plans on paying DJ next summer if we still have Dre/JC/ and soon OO locked into big contracts (in addition to Trae, Bogi, CC). 

I see the merit in the deal because JB is All NBA.  How many times do you see All NBA players moved for less than Allstars.  This would be one. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, AHF said:

Did you just realize that Trae was the leading shot taker for Atlanta this season or just realize that he struggled with his shot this season?  As usual, Skip’s points have been covered in all kinds of detail already on this site with Trae having had a dismal first few months of the year and having had a better but still (for him) subpar second half of the year.  This was his career worst season shooting the ball other than his rookie year.

I realize that statatistics are statistics.

• Moderators
18 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

I realize that statatistics are statistics.

I wasn't trying to be a smartaleck.  I legitimately was curious what about this was something you didn't already know.  He struggled with his 3 all season (so that his improvement later in the year couldn't drag him back up to respectability) and was always our top scorer.  It seems to me a bit like being surprised that Luka is ranked #121 on the same list with almost 100 more attempts than Trae.  Luka didn't shoot the 3 particularly well either and he also shoots a high volume from there.  Both of them need to get that % back in the 37%+ range.

• Thanks 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Sothron said:

Would you do this trade?

Jalen Brown  for:

Collins

AJ

Jalen Johnson

AJ + JJ feels rich, Brown is worth this price, but I hesitate to pay it.

We are capped out and need young guys to fill out our roster and play important roles while they're cheap. 

What do we look like if this trade goes down? And how screwed are we if/when Brown/Murray don't resign and we're out a bunch of assets for the next 5-6 years?

It's a trade where it makes sense to pull the trigger on today, but is definitely gonna sting very soon unless we somehow make another ECF or finals run.

If JB came extended this might be alright. Celtics fans will think this is not enough, but AJ has star potential and JJ is growing into his own very nice player - how many 6'8 forwards can run in transition, playmake, and haunt on defense like him?

Not too many, dude's a freakin menace.

If we can replace AJ or JJ with Bruno or something, that would be great, otherwise this trade feels like ~C -> B- grade for each team.

• Like 1

Anybody else at peace with moving forward with DLo instead of Trae?  Anybody?  Anybody?  Just me?  Bueller?

Fk outta here with these dumba** Trae rumors.  I'm outta town so I'm at the mercy of hotel cable.  I channel-surfed onto some awful FoxSports NBA show where the headline was "Kyrie and Trae linked to LAL".  There's no credibility in sports media.  I can make up a rumor then link it to an article then sit back and watch it elevate to BSPN headline status.  No actual intel needed.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Take AJ out and I would.

I’d rather take JJ out myself. 
It’s a tough call, I’m hyped on both of them and think they’re grow a lot. 
I guess I just see JJ having a harder to find combination of skills for his position than AJ being the deciding factor between the two. 

• Thanks 4

2 hours ago, Sothron said:

Would you do this trade?

Jalen Brown  for:

Collins

AJ

Jalen Johnson

I’d be reluctant to part with JJ, though I can see this as a far place to start for the Cs. 

If this trade happened, we’d be shipping out two 4s and still have two 5s. 

I would counter with swapping OO for JJ. I’m sure there’s some nervousness about and OO extension anyway. 

• Like 1

we do not want Hunter playing PF - we would need to add there badly.  I dont know I love the guy but I just dont see JB making that much of a difference, but then again, I need to see what this team can do when they are playing together as a team much more than they have been, I need to see a smarter hawks team.