• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Thunder

lethalweapon3

54 minutes ago, sturt said:

Can't be said enough... so I'll say it again... one of the top 3 reasons this team will be successful this season if they do, indeed, prove successful will be that the young uns... 22 yr old OO, 21 yr old JJ and 19 yr old AJ... all dramatically developed this season, and solidified our bench.

That's what I've been saying for about 2 months now.  That is the key.

• Like 1

ALL WE DO IS WIN WIN WIN NO MATTER WHAT!!!! :smile:

Made it harder than it needed to be but a win is a win and we pulled through. Everyone was very active including our bigs. Nice games from all of them specially the double doubles from JC and Clint.

DM sized SGA up there at the end before fly swatting him and standing him up again. That D, wow, you talk about your fast twitch fibers. Amazing hands my our guy DM.

And ice 🧊, well he iced and now is tied for 2nd all time with Magic for most 30/10 games with 58, Jerry West is the leader with 73 of them.5EEA46E7-E714-4F4C-8B20-6C526AA028FE.thumb.jpeg.beb99868ef6249c86ad259500595470b.jpeg

Nice team win Hawks! 

Onward and upward!  :cheer:

Edited by Spud2nique
  • Like 4

• Premium Member

No... Not the stat that shows that Trae has done what Magic did... IN LESS TIME...

The Trahaters will have a fit. 

There are some great names who are below Trae...

• Michael Jordan.
  • Larry Legend.
  • Chirs Paul.
  • Damon Lillard
  • Stephen Curry
  • Jokic
  • Gary Payton

We need to appreciate this man, while we have him. 

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, lethalweapon3 said:

Mike Muscala. I

I don’t know exactly why… but I really love this guy. Despite being in battle with them when he hit that 3 from straight away I found myself twisted my fingers, arms and hands. :pilot:GETTIN LOOSE OFF THE MOOSE!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, lethalweapon3 said:

Sorry, Moose. It seems the Thunder just don’t know how to quit you.

The guy is a no nonsense pro that just shows up and goes hard all the time. He’s my anti Dwight Howard, love me some Moose crunch!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Only 1 shot in the 4th too.

Trae has been known to shoot us out of the game by being a ball hog .  He takes the ball, shoots all the shots and misses a lot.  Last night he didn't.  Good decision by him.  

It didn't cost us the game when he didn't score.  It might have if he did what he's done before.

Trae was a leading scorer for the Hawks.  He knew when to stop shooting and manage the game!

:peanut-butter-jelly-time:

• Like 1

10 hours ago, marco102 said:

I did notice this and this may about Trae.  He's throwing a lot more bounce passes to our bigs. I think that's a concerted effort to get them used to DJ's passing. 

Excellent point. I missed this but good catch.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, kg01 said:

I tend to watch the crowd on closeup shots.  Did yall happen to notice how many okc fans were visibly disgusted by Trae throughout this game.  It was really weird.

FCK BEN SIMM…. I MEAN TRAE Y… :er:

Whose crowd was madder? Philly at Ben or OKC at Trae? :hmm:

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, sturt said:

Can't be said enough... so I'll say it again... one of the top 3 reasons this team will be successful this season if they do, indeed, prove successful will be that the young uns... 22 yr old OO, 21 yr old JJ and 19 yr old AJ... all dramatically developed this season, and solidified our bench.

Hey how come you don’t give others LIKES? I’ve noticed that. LIKES are like being kind to others, it’s free. #GOFgrumpyoldfart

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Hey how come you don’t give others LIKES? I’ve noticed that. LIKES are like being kind to others, it’s free. #GOFgrumpyoldfart

You've discovered the secret of life my friend.    We are in this world to be likable. 

• Thanks 1

Huge win on the road, we tried to blow it but luckily held on.  Can we just cruise to an easy 10 point victory for once?  When we have a 10-12 point lead with less than 5 minutes we always seem to make it interesting.

Luckily Murray hit a big shot, Collins made his FTs and Shai didn't convert.  I know it's not easy on the road and OKC is solid but we reverted to ISO ball and everyone standing around at the end.  If you watch the first 3.5 quarters, then the last 5 minutes or so, it's crazy. Its either Trae or DJM dribbling at the top of the key letting the shot clock fall to about 8 seconds then they attempt to beat their man.  The entire team stands there watching.  Have we not learned anything?  Our offense has been looking so good outside of crunchtime b/c of this.  

• Like 2