• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Spurs at Hawks

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, theheroatl said:

The takeaway from that game is the points in the paint from the other teams is still a major issue. 

Of course, it's a lot like a little kid trying to hold a big water balloon... just because you can stabilize in one place, doesn't mean there won't be some higher instability in another place. It does start with the middle, but the perimeter defense can kill you, too. Got to somehow get it all right at once. And while our overall defense is an improvement over last season, our offense has fallen back.

Could be wrong, hope I'm not, that our offense is going to only get better the rest of the season. But yeah, the pivotal question to me is what you've highlighted... it seems when CC has been dominant, and/or when OO has stepped in and stepped up as he did vs Embiid two years ago as a rookie... this team's enjoyed exceptional success.

JC and JJ, of course, have something to say about all that, too. And, now, Bruno when there's foul trouble for any of those first four. (I'm honestly pinching myself that this dream of him returning some day has not only come true, but come true still so early in his career, yet definitely at a new level of development.)

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I saw something about Trae declining to be an injury replacement when the Allstar game was in Atlanta in 2021.....any truth to this?

He was not asked then from what I remember. And yes, he's pissed he didn't make the AS game this year. 

It is keeping in character with him to be so upset he didn't get in through either fan vote or coaches selection for him to reject being an injury replacement. I am not saying he did that or would still refuse if asked again.

• Like 4

I could see him refusing ....

It would definitely be 'in character', but .....

And it's a big butt .....

That's an ultimate cut off nose to spite face decision ....

That will guarantee future snubs .....

So you made your point ....

But did you also make your bed to lie in .....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• Premium Member
Just now, kg01 said:

I could see him refusing ....

It would definitely be 'in character', but .....

And it's a big butt .....

That's an ultimate cut off nose to spite face decision ....

That will guarantee future snubs .....

So you made your point ....

That is what I would tell him as his friend, family member, coach, agent or teammate. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

all hustle!

Love that everyone touched the ball on that play from start to finish. That was 5 players working together on both ends.

Clint-Block

Dre- Strip

JC- diving for the loose ball

Bogi- pinpoint pass 

Trae- catch and finish in stride.

Teamwork baby!

Edited by RedDawg#8
  • Like 4

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, kg01 said:

I believe Trae would respond, "Yeah, and I'm okay with that."

And I'd nod my head, "Well, if you're okay with it, I sure as hell am okay with it."

There's a book authored by a law professor at Yale whose parents were Chinese immigrants, and whose husband is a Yale sociologist, and longer story short, they co-authored a book about 10 years ago titled "Triple Threat." The reason I think about it here is, the premise of that book is that people wonder aloud sometimes why it seems some groups of people tend to excel more so than other groups of people, and their analysis/conclusions boiled down to three things: People who tend to excel are

(1) not easily distracted, having a strong mental tenacity/stamina/discipline to study, study, study, practice, practice practice...

(2) people who hold a strong belief that they have developed a higher talent or skill than most others... and I finally get to the point here...

(3) people who hold a strong belief that they've been marginalized/dismissed/disrespected, and have something to prove.

You go, Trae.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

If Trae sees being an injury replacement in the all-star game as being beneath him, that's not a good look quite frankly. 

I imagine it's more like 'yall shoulda picked me in the first place, don't come to me to bail you out now that you picked some guy you knew was hurt in the first place'.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Now that I think on it, I get it from his pov a bit more.

Coaches purposely picked a guy they knew good n well wasn't gonna play.  Why?  To honor that guy instead of honoring Trae with the 'honor' of being selected 'for real'.  They figured Trae would bail them out.

It's actually petty.  Kinda vindictive.

I see why he'd be upset about it.  Unfortunately for him, this is the equivalent of waging war with guys that buy ink by the ton, so to speak. 

• Like 3

• Premium Member
59 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Unfortunately for him, this is the equivalent of waging war with guys that buy ink by the ton, so to speak. 

Matters in politics where the ultimate goal is what the ultimate goal is.

Does it matter in sports? Is the ASG the ultimate goal?

So, unless there's some ASG bonus money he's forfeiting, who the hell cares. Right? The only disadvantage is one in your and others' heads. Perception. Nothing tangible.

• Premium Member
17 minutes ago, sturt said:

Matters in politics where the ultimate goal is what the ultimate goal is.

Does it matter in sports? Is the ASG the ultimate goal?

So, unless there's some ASG bonus money he's forfeiting, who the hell cares. Right? The only disadvantage is one in your and others' heads. Perception. Nothing tangible.

His legacy...e.g. the HOF

• Like 1