• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Spurs at Hawks

lethalweapon3

image.thumb.png.f18b9453c4c194e3fa8450eb44ff6a3e.png

Hawks came through for me tonight.  Played a very professional 2nd half to win going away.  Miami, although I was hoping for a loss, played defense in OT and kept the game at 210.

Despite being well under the 220.5 point total for the Chicago vs Cleveland game, I went ahead and took the $308 payout.  Bulls currently have just 4 pts deep in the 4th quarter, so that would've been an easy $334 win.

My first real decent gambling night of 2023.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, kg01 said:

@Spud2nique gimme your thoughts on an official code red on longtime.  He karma-guaranteed not just a Knix win but also a Heat win on the side.

There must be punishment here.  If I get a txt from my heat fan BIL, I may go off.

Sleep with one eye open, LTime. 

Obviously I don't believe in jinxes, but for those who do (or even  pretend they do) it would be better if I kept my in-game prognostications to myself, eh? 
For penance, I will say three Hail Mary's and four Our Father's (if I remember how). 

• Premium Member
56 minutes ago, LongTimeFan said:

Obviously I don't believe in jinxes, but for those who do (or even  pretend they do) it would be better if I kept my in-game prognostications to myself, eh? 
For penance, I will say three Hail Mary's and four Our Father's (if I remember how). 

I'm hearing it's possible you're going to have to forfeit a 2023 1st rd draft pick. Seems severe.

Was at the game tonight and that was the second time in person I’ve seen Dre aggressively looking for his shots and scoring at will. 

last time I saw Hunter play like this in person was one of the games in the Knicks playoff’s series I believe. Maybe not but something about tonight made Dre stick out. It wasn’t just his points.

Really feels like Hunter could do this every game. He don’t need to worry about having Allen Iverson handles or putting guys on skates. He just need to either go or quickly do 1 or 2 size up crossovers then shoot.

I had some really good seats so watching him up close tonight kind of changes my opinion on Dre’s offense. Don’t get me wrong he still isn’t a very good dribbler but he loves the pull up middy off the dribble and so do I for him. When he just goes …..something just clicks for him. He got a great feel for what he wants to do offensively. I believe Nate has hit a wall in helping Dre get to the next level offensively.

Edited by JTB

• Premium Member
41 minutes ago, JTB said:

@Sothron any word on if Trae is upset about not making the all star game? Does he think it’s because of Atlanta?

He's being shunned for missing a game and not supporting his teammates.  I said it Jokingly but they will probably call up Bradley Beal and LeMelo Ball before they call Trae or Harden. 

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, Sothron said:

We're finally back to over .500 again. 

Just a reminder, Trae Young will be the only player in NBA history to put up 27 points and 10 assists a game and not be an All Star. He's also on a winning, playoff team and playing the best defense of his career...but he's not an All Star.

DeMarr DeRozan and Jrue Holiday are allstars...  Come on ..

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Sothron said:

Just a reminder, Trae Young will be the only player in NBA history to put up 27 points and 10 assists a game and not be an All Star. He's also on a winning, playoff team and playing the best defense of his career...but he's not an All Star.

I hope we can add to this and say the first NBA champion in addition to all those accolades that were overlooked. 
#revengetour

• Like 4

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Diesel said:

DeMarr DeRozan and Jrue Holiday are allstars...  Come on ..

The most natural inference from Trae's response to a question about that was that he's been asked, and turned them down.

Completely in character for Trae to do that, imo.

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, JTB said:

I believe Nate has hit a wall in helping Dre get to the next level offensively.

To be fair to Nate, not sure what you want Nate to do (?). He's been very public and adamant that he wants to see Dre be more aggressive in taking the ball to the rim. And it's never been the case that a head coach is supposed to be some offensive savant able to raise the game for every position on the floor. Most of that, rather, falls to the player individually.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, Sothron said:

I saw something about Trae declining to be an injury replacement when the Allstar game was in Atlanta in 2021.....any truth to this?