• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Nate McMillan Fired

theheroatl

53 minutes ago, JTB said:

This is only the beginning. I’m expecting a real overhaul this summer. I think a lot is being considered really even keeping the same starting 5 and overhauling the bench only .

Same starting 5? Seriously?

Edited by terrell
  • Thanks 1

Charles Lee(who I believe might be the guy) reminds me of when we hired Lloyd Pierce. 

We need a guy with a proven philosophy and the respect in the league (from this decade). Not a player's coach. Just my opinion..

24 minutes ago, terrell said:

Same starting 5? Seriously?

Yeah it would not shock me if that’s being considered.

The current coaching staff is poor when it comes to analytics. So if the new coaching staff and front office start to strongly consider analytics I think there’s a chance they keep the same starting 5 in place if a true upgrade cannot be made .

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, terrell said:

Charles Lee(who I believe might be the guy) reminds me of when we hired Lloyd Pierce. 

We need a guy with a proven philosophy and the respect in the league (from this decade). Not a player's coach. Just my opinion..

I wouldn’t be mad about Charles Lee but he doesn’t have a proven track record in the nba as an head coach and that’s the only problem with him.

For me I see it as Snyder is the best Xs and Os coach available who also has a proven track record you can look back at with Utah. Snyder is the smartest coach on the market in my opinion and it’s a no brainer he’s going to be the most sought out coach this offseason.

Udoka is number 2 in my opinion because he has a proven track record with new young era of these players and got Tatum and Brown to buy in to winning in Boston when they were ready to blow it up. 

We can’t take a risk of another inexperienced coach at this point of Traes career and with Murray having 1 more season until it’s time to pay him the big bucks. 

It’s either Snyder, Udoka, or Atkinson in my opinion. Good they are doing this search now rather than later because again getting a coach with a proven track record that also fits the new age era personalities is extremely important.

Edited by JTB
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, akay said:

If Hawks have such a potent coach killer on their team, why would established and sought-after head coaching candidates even be willing to interview for our team?

No confirmation that they are interested, especially if Trae is not interested in motion offense coaches, which several folks on here have indicated.

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, Watchman said:

No confirmation that they are interested, especially if Trae is not interested in motion offense coaches, which several folks on here have indicated.

Only confirmation we have is Hawks are interested in certain people, and that's the info we have to go off of until we hear otherwise.

Not sure why Trae's opinions on motion offense would have anything to do with interviewing people like Snyder

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, Watchman said:

Why would there be a confirmation this early.  Hawks like most teams will hire a firm to assist with the search.

2 minutes ago, akay said:

Only confirmation we have is Hawks are interested in certain people, and that's the info we have to go off of until we hear otherwise.

Not sure why Trae's opinions on motion offense would have anything to do with interviewing people like Snyder

Because they come from the Coach Bud (Popovich motion offense) tree, and are not "heliocentric" one on one oriented.  Since Trae prefers one on one, he might not be interested in alternative philosophies.

• Premium Member
Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

Why would there be a confirmation this early.  Hawks like most teams will hire a firm to assist with the search.

My Spidey sense says that Landry and Kyle have spent the break already knowing this was going to happen, and quietly assessing their options. I will be surprised if a permanent coach isn't hired within the week.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Watchman said:

Because they come from the Coach Bud (Popovich motion offense) tree, and are not "heliocentric" one on one oriented.  Since Trae prefers one on one, he might not be interested in alternative philosophies.

I suppose that's one way to look at things, but I feel like the coaching search is gonna be deeper than hiring the offense Trae would prefer 

13 minutes ago, Plainview1981 said:

Why would someone want to hire a man who will come after their wife?

What, hiring someone that lacks the discipline to keep their zipper closed and abide by the work contract may not be a way to win the press conference and drive “accountability”?

15 minutes ago, Watchman said:

Maybe that's why Supes said "bye Trae".. lol

Edited by terrell