• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at heat (1 of 2)

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
Just now, Hawkmoor said:

This is for starters:

Portland gets: Trae Young.

Atlanta gets: Anfernee Simons, Jerami Grant, Portland's 2023 and 2024 first round draft picks. I believe this is TWO first rounders in 2024 because the Blazers 2023 pick is gonna defer to 2024.

Oh... You that guy??

Trade Proposals after every loss....  Noted.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Hawkmoor said:

This is for starters:

Portland gets: Trae Young.

Atlanta gets: Anfernee Simons, Jerami Grant, Portland's 2023 and 2024 first round draft picks. I believe this is TWO first rounders in 2024 because the Blazers 2023 pick is gonna defer to 2024.

Trash. I hate all of these Portland players and that's for Trae or Murray. Atlanta needs a star for Trae or just keep him. 

On the other hand, they need to figure out how to get KAT paired with Trae as well as OO at the 4. 

Trae/Hunter/OO/KAT will give Atlanta the size, fit, and solve their big man scoring issues. Finding the right 2 is easier said than done. I say trade Capela for Dort but does Dort shoot well enough to play in a system with limited touches, idk

Edited by NBASupes

Just now, NBASupes said:

Trash. I hate all of these Portland players and that's for Trae or Murray. Atlanta needs a star for Trae or just keep him. 

On the other hand, they need to figure out how to get KAT paired with Trae as well as OO at the 4. 

Trash for Trash.

• Haha 2

Just one of those shooting nights from our backcourt. We haven't had more than 2 or 3 games where they've shot this bad. They will shoot better

I'm more encouraged by the adjustments, the communication, and the rotation considering which guys were hot.

We don't look lifeless like we did with Nate. This would've been a 30pt loss but we fought.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

They aren't flawed, they just don't fit. All top 10 players got a lot of talent, some, more than others. We just gotta figure out a fit.

Where was this don't fit diatribe yesterday???

I mean damn... Ignore the facts.  Coming into this game, since the break we have been the best offense in the league...1st in damn near every scoring category.  

Where's the don't fit in that?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Trae/Hunter/OO/KAT will give Atlanta the size, fit, and solve their big man scoring issues. Finding the right 2 is easier said than done. I say trade Capela for Dort but does Dort shoot well enough to play in a system with limited touches, idk

KAT and Trae aint winning shit either Im afraid.. Trae looked like a little kid out there tonight..Hawks need some toughness somehow.. And KAT aint that.

Id rather have great offense Trae with no defense than what we have now... Hes trying harder on D but his O is lacking.

How many games has he shot over 50% from the field this season?

Edited by terrell

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, skimaskway23 said:

Just one of those shooting nights from our backcourt. We haven't had more than 2 or 3 games where they've shot this bad. They will shoot better

I'm more encouraged by the adjustments, the communication, and the rotation considering which guys were hot.

We don't look lifeless like we did with Nate. This would've been a 30pt loss but we fought.

I think it's important for us to win so that Snyder can build trust.   Without the trust, we will just go back to comfortable losing style of play. 

4 minutes ago, terrell said:

Remember when Dre made 3 in a row.. And then it was 2-3 minutes until his next shot.

Truth is, Miami switch Butler to Hunter and moved Herro to Bey and in response, Trae tried to iso and make bad decision after bad decision to lose us the game. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

Just now, terrell said:

KAT and Trae aint winning shit either.. 

That at least fix all of the issues. How much they win is dependent on them as the two best players. Neither can cry about fit since they fit the roles with each other offensively and KAT has protection in OO. 

7 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Trae will kill another coach in Atlanta before its all said and done but his fans will still blame shift

I actually believe Snyder will out last Trae this time around.  Snyder was the hand picked guy that EVERYONE considers a top tier coach around the league and alot of ppl consider him top 5. Trae being on his 3rd coach adn this time a top tier one if he can't figure it out now. Then they will move him instead of the coach i believe.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

That at least fix all of the issues. How much they win is dependent on them as the two best players. Neither can cry about fit since they fit the roles with each other offensively and KAT has protection in OO. 

Im over trying to win wth Trae Young as our best player that's for sure..

We gotta try something..

Snyder definitely has better pressers than Nate even I don't think he's better than Nate as a RS coach. I see flaws in his style dating back to Utah. That said, I see him things he's done well. I see much better offensive actions under Quin but I see more blown assignments on average in Quin first 3 games. That said, Prunty had the best moments of them all. 

2 minutes ago, terrell said:

Im over trying to win wth Trae Young as our best player that's for sure..

We gotta try something..

Trae is not our best player. Murray is. Trae is our most talented and he's the face of the franchise. We can win with him but NOT as the #1 option on offense. We don't have a #1 option. 

27 minutes ago, Vol4ever said:

Bey has played well.  

Starting PF the rest of the season hopefully. Fk size.. We're small either way.. JC is giving us NOTHING..