• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Celtics at Hawks

lethalweapon3

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Ya you think that dummy ref owes Trae one or more because of his dumb fat foot just being around. I hate that ref, is that the ref FVV called out by name? He deserves it. Shawn Wright has a personal vendetta against Trae’s dad I bet. Shawn was the unpopular Ahole in his high school while Rayford rocked the house 🏡!

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, kg01 said:

And every time I see Wright's face I get mad at him refusing to move tf outta the way for Trae to step on his stupid foot. 

image.gif.a2eb7010a1daae8c08717cfcf689f1c1.gif

image.gif.1ba2e0ca618fb30a6ed5059869c55024.gif

image.gif.0a8a502baccb59d8db8622664c36fabf.gif

@kg01 you know that bum Wright be smacking his dumb toes and feet into his house furniture and be like AHHHHH OOOHHHH AHHHHHHCHHHHHH 🤕 

• Haha 4

39 minutes ago, kg01 said:

HOW WAS THAT NOT CONTINUATION!?!?

TELL ME!

No continuation and Trae gets a T for getting assaulted….

Thats crap 💩 Q face was filled with disgust and he even yelled..”that’s fcking BULL$Hit!”

9B4D094C-8688-4751-8266-436B2A8B1D1B.png

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Oh ish I just asked if FVV went off on Wright? Was it the same Shawn Wright dude? :huh: If so, he needs to be reevaluated as a ref… actually I take that back he knows exactly what he’s doing, it’s a message trickled down from the dirty commish.

34 minutes ago, hawkman said:

The Hawks as an organization need to stand behind their players on the officiating because it's out of control. 

Yes. How? Send tapes to the league? The league knows what they are doing.. and it’s wrong.

• Premium Member
Just now, Spud2nique said:

Yes. How? Send tapes to the league? The league knows what they are doing.. and it’s wrong.

Maybe a formal complaint or protest? I think this is just some refs deciding they will stick it to Trae any way they can. I don't think it's systemic. At least I hope it's not.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Celtics are a really tough matchup for us.  But they die by the three so if they have a bad shooting series we could beat them.  We can't really guard them at all, but we need to fix the bad switches.  There were a number of times where we doubled Smart/White/Brogdon off a ballscreen and leaving Tatum wide open for a 3.  You can't do that.  That's all they want to do is shoot threes or pump fake the 3 and drive to the basket.  That's the entirety of their offense.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Ya he can’t do that under pressure, apple turnover.

Skrong 🤣

And, no, the ref FVV went on a out was Ben Taylor. 

4 minutes ago, hawkman said:

Maybe a formal complaint or protest? I think this is just some refs deciding they will stick it to Trae any way they can. I don't think it's systemic. At least I hope it's not.

To see if it's systemic, ask yourself if the treatment happens in other regions of the country.  After all, refs are typically assigned regionally.  If it's the same everywhere, then it is indeed a systemic thing.  Not that they're "out to get him" per se.  I mean it's that they're taught to interpret certain things the same way for him.

Remember, the league specifically identified him in their rule change/clarification last year.  It's not out of the realm of possibility they viewed tape of his play on their training.

• Like 4

Just now, AtLaS said:

Celtics are a really tough matchup for us.  But they die by the three so if they have a bad shooting series we could beat them.  We can't really guard them at all, but we need to fix the bad switches.  There were a number of times where we doubled Smart/White/Brogdon off a ballscreen and leaving Tatum wide open for a 3.  You can't do that.  That's all they want to do is shoot threes or pump fake the 3 and drive to the basket.  That's the entirety of their offense.

That's exactly what Snyder said, stop needlessly helping.  Collins, bless his little heart, got absolutely burned alive doing this twice down the stretch.   Both times leading to wide a** open 3s that were killer. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

That's exactly what Snyder said, stop needlessly helping.  Collins, bless his little heart, got absolutely burned alive doing this twice down the stretch.   Both times leading to wide a** open 3s that were killer. 

I've always been a huge Collins fan, but JJ can replace him and gives us a big boost in other areas like passing, ballhandling and pressing the break.  I think OO is ready to replace CC also.  Would free up a ton of cap space to trade both of those guys.  

Remember when this old man wanted to trade for the center of the Hornets?  He's starting for them now.

Speaking of centers, in last night's game, 0017 had a (+12) and Capela had a (-20) which makes no sense.  There can't be that much difference.  

Difference in the game?  Remember, someone once said 3's didn't matter?

Boston hit 20 threes

Atlanta hit 10 threes.

OK, you math experts, what does this tell us?

Thing that were so wrong!  Bey grabbed a rebound.  Didn't touch any opponent.  Got called for a foul.  That unpleasant aroma that we smell?  Last night's officials!

:ahf:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

32 minutes ago, AtLaS said:

I've always been a huge Collins fan, but JJ can replace him and gives us a big boost in other areas like passing, ballhandling and pressing the break.  I think OO is ready to replace CC also.  Would free up a ton of cap space to trade both of those guys.  

I think OO is ready to take a bigger role.  Can he alone replace CC?  I don't think so.  We need size, bulk, length still. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• Premium Member

The last 5 minutes of the Wiz game Friday was a series of bad calls as well.

Unfortunately, we only see the last 2 minutes receiving publicly-accessible scrutiny.

https://official.nba.com/l2m/L2MReport.html?gameId=0022200985

And the Cs game wasn't close enough (within 3 pts in last 2 min) that they'll put one out.

I appreciated Quin's comments in the post game presser, essentially that he doesn't want to contribute to the practice of letting bad calls get in players' heads.

That said, I damn sure would expect that the lead guy for the franchise would be having his people put together for him a regular analysis of refs individually for their penchant for calls against our guys... or if not the lead guy, then the one with GM on his business card. 

And, of course, goes w/o saying that if clear patterns of negativity show up, that someone in New York is getting some heat from down south.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, kg01 said:

This play.  It's so ingrained from previous coaches. Quin is trying to break this very bad habit.

Help your team by not allowing the 3pt shot in the first place.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Gray Mule said:

Difference in the game?  Remember, someone once said 3's didn't matter?

Boston hit 20 threes

Atlanta hit 10 threes.

OK, you math experts, what does this tell 

Screenshot_20230312_132426_Samsung Internet.jpg

60 points vs 30 points. That's a lot.

• Haha 3

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Screenshot_20230312_132426_Samsung Internet.jpg

Yeah, my understanding had been when we set up HS years ago, we made it part of the application, and anyone answering "yes" to the question "Do you consider yourself a math expert?" was automatically rejected. Just not our kind of people.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, kg01 said:

Ben Taylor. 

Another crap ref I’m not surprised. At this point that woody lookin ref is by far the best and I thought he stunk as a rookie ref. 

image.gif.891495102cd5066d0b34e30f4ef87123.gif

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

We need size, bulk, length still. 

So Nurkic or Val? :sarcastic:

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

size, bulk, length

Can I get that for myself anywhere round huuurrr :batman:

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, hawkman said:

I wasnt joking when I said "it's the Hawks vs whoever we play + the refs from here on out"

26 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Another crap ref I’m not surprised. At this point that woody lookin ref is by far the best and I thought he stunk as a rookie ref. 

image.gif.891495102cd5066d0b34e30f4ef87123.gif

So Nurkic or Val? :sarcastic:

Can I get that for myself anywhere round huuurrr :batman:

I'm thinking Nurk is done-zo with injuries.  Val?  Eh.  I'm thinking more of a defender.   What else ya got?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1