• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Celtics at Hawks

lethalweapon3

• lethalweapon3 changed the title to Official Game Thread: Celtics at Hawks
6 hours ago, Sothron said:

I am waiting for a single game since our ECF run where I honestly think the Hawks got a better whistle than the other team. Still waiting. It is pathetic that almost every game since then the refs are clearly favoring the other team. Even impartial media types like Brad Rowland that does the Locked On Hawks podcast has called out the refs several times this year about these terrible games.

It always goes against the Hawks. Multiple horrible calls tonight that all went the other team's way. It doesn't even matter who the other team is at this point. It is just the team Atlanta is playing.

Anyways, tough loss. We should have won this game. Boston just got flat out lucky on multiple threes falling that shouldn't and the refs wearing Celtics jerseys. 

As for JC, yes, I already said this before but if this is all he can do for us then we need to trade him. 

It really feels like the refs turned on Trae and his team.  This is every night and it has cost us a number of wins.  We should at least be in contention for 4-6 seed.  

Hoping that it caused us to dump Nate and hire Quin.  At least we get a better coach from all of this.

Edited by Final_quest
  • Like 1

We aren’t getting anything out of Collins whatsoever! I hate to point out just 1 season where he can’t shoot but it’s a what have you done for me lately kind of league and JC is a really bad fit right now. If we don’t have capela yes perhaps he finds his touch but either way one of these guys have to be traded this offseason. 

• Sad 2

2 hours ago, JTB said:

We aren’t getting anything out of Collins whatsoever! I hate to point out just 1 season where he can’t shoot but it’s a what have you done for me lately kind of league and JC is a really bad fit right now. If we don’t have capela yes perhaps he finds his touch but either way one of these guys have to be traded this offseason. 

I think Quin knows the personnel limitations because he can see they are implementing his schemes and plays but the execution or the personnel needed is not there.

My predictions:

JC traded

Bey resigned

Bogi gone

Aaron Murray / Vit gone

As for who they sign or trade for with those salaries.. who knows

And another thing ....

It's criminal we weren't able to take advantage of the fact that Horford is done-zo.  Collins tryna go around and under him on that last play, instead of powering up/through, basically played right into his hands defensively.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, kg01 said:

And another thing ....

It's criminal we weren't able to take advantage of the fact that Horford is done-zo.  Collins tryna go around and under him on that last play, instead of powering up/through, basically played right into his hands defensively.

You expect JC to go around or up and under or power through Horford? I just wanted him to pass it out and reset the offense 

That's never been JCs offensive game

Edited by NBASupes

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

You expect JC to power through Horford? I just wanted him to pass it out and reset the offense 

Trying to be fair to Collins and his lack of playmaking chops.  The easiest decision for him, in that moment with time running down, was to try and score.  Odds are, if he tried to kick it out, it would've ended up a turnover/BOS fast break.  Sadly.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

So because the refs were woefully tardy in stopping the assault, they compound it by penalizing the victim.  That's rich. 

And every time I see Wright's face I get mad at him refusing to move tf outta the way for Trae to step on his stupid foot. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Makes sense. Trae also didn't get continuation when he was only a few feet away from the basket. Continuation + the extra point + the free throws from the tech and ejection on Smart would've completely changed the game. Of course, I'm biased but the bad officiating against the Hawks reminds me of the Kings vs Lakers series in 2002. The only difference is this isn't about $$$ or ratings. It's personal.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

Just now, hawkman said:

Makes sense. Trae also didn't get continuation when he was only a few feet away from the basket. Continuation + the extra point + the free throws from the tech and ejection on Smart would've completely changed the game. Of course, I'm biased but the bad officiating against the Hawks reminds me of the Kings vs Lakers series in 2002. The only difference is this isn't about $$$ or ratings. It's personal.

HOW WAS THAT NOT CONTINUATION!?!?

TELL ME!

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

His impact and contributions get ignored largely.

Ya and some foos bag on his D which has improved like Trae’s. I recall him squatting some shots and getting a few steals and hustling these past games.

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

know I said I was done but I lied. 

You tell the truth even when you lie.. 

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

That was an attack. 

It’s called sacrificing yourself for the greater good. Taking a bullet for the team. It’s a flawed system. 

All is fair in love and war.. :er: (I’ve always wanted to say that.. lol). Does it apply here? I don’t know

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

unmitigated temerity,

Unmiti…. You know it’s Sunday right? Gonna make me look words up…

Tem… temerit..

image.gif.89466b8054962a835f65fc52f63be1b0.gif

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Please understand, this was not double Ts on Smart. 

You know what wouldn’t work though, if we let Bruno go rough n tough on Tatum and get him a lil frazzled.

In that situation, it would be only 1 T on Bruno, correct? Not a double T?  I think I’m understanding here.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, hawkman said:

I'm glad he kept his composure because he was in a no-win situation. If he fought back against Smart, he gets tossed. If he argues with the ref over the bogus tech, he gets a second technical and gets tossed. This situation needs to be handled off the court. The Hawks as an organization need to stand behind their players on the officiating because it's out of control. 

Great point.  He was punished for not fighting back.  As the nba, how is that what you want?  If I'm gonna get a T anyway, may as well turn into a human windmill with fists and get some get back. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

instead of powering up/through, basically played right into his hands defensively.

Ya he had to to hard there that was almost a reverse scenario where Alice lil wuss a$$ would do what JC did. Nah fck that drive that ish straight up into softy Alice’s sore surgically ripped titties. :saythat: YA BOOBS! :boobs: #tittytearALICE #hoe #AnaHorfordtrash

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

That's never been JCs offensive game

Did you miss the Embiid poster? I believe he went up through his body into his soul.

• Thanks 3