• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Pistons at Hawks

lethalweapon3

14 hours ago, MaceCase said:

Detroit, home of the second best pizza in the country.

It’s pretty bomb I went to this Detroit pie 🍕 place in Manhattan. That was really good, taking a lil Motown to the big apple 🍎.

1. NY (thin)

2. Detroit (crunchy square)

3. Chicago (thick dough)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Diesel said:

Can a  team win a championship, winning  ~50% of it's games in the playoffs?

I'm talking:

1st round 4-3

2nd round 4-3

CF round  4-3

Finals  4-3

if we did it would we still be "mid as hell"?

I mean....by definition that's not winning 50% of their games.  So the answer is no.  Practically, I see what you are getting at, and I'd love for it to happen obviously.  But the idea that the Hawks put together 4 straight 4-3 series wins against the best teams in the NBA seems, uh, kinda absurd.  We'd be talking about Philly, Bos, Mil, West Champ. 

I'm still going with they mid as hell.  But to answer the last question, if they were to somehow win 4 straight 4-3 series, they wouldn't be mid, they'd be champs.  And at that point I wouldn't care what anyone else calls them. 

Also, I'd probably be banned from every public site on the interwebs for spamming the hell out of Hawks being champs.  

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

It’s pretty bomb I went to this Detroit pie 🍕 place in Manhattan. That was really good, taking a lil Motown to the big apple 🍎.

1. NY (thin)

3. Chicago (thick dough)

You get a like….but barely.  Chicago does not make pizza, they make bread casserole. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

1. NY (thin)

3. Chicago (thick dough)

Chicago has deep dish pizza. Detroit is the one with the thick crust. Chicago style pizza is a literal pizza pie where you have layers of toppings. It is amazing easily the best pizza in the world.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

31 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Chicago style pizza is a literal pizza pie where you have layers of toppings. It is amazing easily the best pizza in the world.

If you wanna feel all heavy n $hit. #nybaby #thinslices

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, REHawksFan said:

I mean....by definition that's not winning 50% of their games.  So the answer is no.  Practically, I see what you are getting at, and I'd love for it to happen obviously.  But the idea that the Hawks put together 4 straight 4-3 series wins against the best teams in the NBA seems, uh, kinda absurd.  We'd be talking about Philly, Bos, Mil, West Champ. 

I'm still going with they mid as hell.  But to answer the last question, if they were to somehow win 4 straight 4-3 series, they wouldn't be mid, they'd be champs.  And at that point I wouldn't care what anyone else calls them. 

Also, I'd probably be banned from every public site on the interwebs for spamming the hell out of Hawks being champs.  

Ok.. here's where we push..

What if they won 2 4-3 series and Lost in the ECF 4-2... 

Are they mid at that point?  I mean that's 10-10 in the playoffs. 

• Premium Member
48 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

My special lady noticed it was headed towards “shaky waters” as well.

I can imagine she saw you showing it off and starting thinking to herself..

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Sothron said:

Chicago has deep dish pizza. Detroit is the one with the thick crust. Chicago style pizza is a literal pizza pie where you have layers of toppings. It is amazing easily the best pizza in the world.

It's good but it ain't pizza.

Actually ... are you posting under duress, soth.  Blink twice if she's making you say this.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Diesel said:

Ok.. here's where we push..

What if they won 2 4-3 series and Lost in the ECF 4-2... 

Are they mid at that point?  I mean that's 10-10 in the playoffs. 

If you are winning series in the playoffs you aren't mid. But that wouldn't change the reality that they've been extraordinarily mid during the regular season.